How Can We Make Sure James White Is In The Donk Contest?

I agree that the dunk contest is prolly 3rd for me in terms of what I like when its all said and done. 3pt and the PG challenge both end up being better every year. The dunk contest gets all the hype because of what could happen. But it ends up being a bunch of laser light shows around a basic dunk at this point. Some people bring out good stuff, but the good dunkers dont make it because Blake Griffin will dunk over Kathy Griffin while she grabs for his balls or something.

3pt Contest is def the more skilled comp. Its just too bad there is no competition this year. Its all about the double check
I was with you until the end..... If he goes its a wrap.

Had to go homer pick. But a lot of guys who usually arent healthy should be able to compete this year. Should be real fun to watch.

I would assume the field will look something like

Novak
Curry
OJ
Korver (if hes healthy)
Klay
JJ Redick
Harden
Ryan Anderson

And maybe throw Batum, Kevin Martin or maybe even Durant in there somewhere incase some doesnt want to do it or is injured.

Last edited:
Had to go homer pick. But a lot of guys who usually arent healthy should be able to compete this year. Should be real fun to watch.

Novak
Curry
OJ
Korver (if hes healthy)
Klay
JJ Redick
Harden
Ryan Anderson

And maybe throw Batum, Kevin Martin or maybe even Durant in there somewhere incase some doesnt want to do it or is injured.

how the hell did this thread get flipped from the dunk contest to the 3 point contest??

and to say that the 3point contest is more skill based is BS... total BS, you think that hops are given? some have more vertical talent, but shooting is easier than coming up with a sick dunk..

i say put these in the contest

Blake Griffin
James White
Gerald Green
Rudy Gay
Demarr Derozan
Paul George
Josh Smith

plenty of choice and you know it will be a real contest now..James White for the win!!

Novak
Curry
OJ
Korver (if hes healthy)
Klay
JJ Redick
Harden
Ryan Anderson

how the hell did this thread get flipped from the dunk contest to the 3 point contest??

and to say that the 3point contest is more skill based is BS... total BS, you think that hops are given? some have more vertical talent, but shooting is easier than coming up with a sick dunk..

i say put these in the contest

Blake Griffin
James White
Gerald Green
Rudy Gay
Demarr Derozan
Paul George
Josh Smith

plenty of choice and you know it will be a real contest now..James White for the win!!

Derozen doesnt want to do it anymore because he got played by the judges to set up Nate vs Dwight And to get Blake the win last year. Dudes been robbed too many times. Rudy aint gonna go, Josh Smith cant be creative. Dude just goes up and bangs on people. I dont think he could bring much creatively. James White should be able to win the contest with ease (if the NBA lets him in) with all the stuff he can do from the FT line. But ive watched pretty much every Knicks game this season. And IDK if he even has an ingame dunk. Are you even eligible if you dont dunk in games.

But more likely than not Blake will win because the arena goes black and shows a video of him doing some optima time travel garbage to the arena. He comes out in the track suit from the commercials and does a windmill. Gets 10s across the board and everyone leaves like WTF was that

Last edited:
I agree that the dunk contest is prolly 3rd for me in terms of what I like when its all said and done. 3pt and the PG challenge both end up being better every year. The dunk contest gets all the hype because of what could happen. But it ends up being a bunch of laser light shows around a basic dunk at this point. Some people bring out good stuff, but the good dunkers dont make it because Blake Griffin will dunk over Kathy Griffin while she grabs for his balls or something.

3pt Contest is def the more skilled comp. Its just too bad there is no competition this year. Its all about the double check
View media item 219956

There are reports here in Portland that Luke Babbit is trying to get into the 3 pt contest. Apparently he has never missed a 3 in practice at the pro or college level.

He sucks playing in games though :smh:

There are reports here in Portland that Luke Babbit is trying to get into the 3 pt contest. Apparently he has never missed a 3 in practice at the pro or college level.

He sucks playing in games though
mean.gif
Didn they say the same thing about Peja? 50 for 50 from 3 in a practice one day. I hope that gets some steam behind it and he gets to go, they need to let more people in the 3 point contest anyway.

Just stop bro. There is nothing mildly creative/exciting about repetitive 3 point shooting. All-Star weekend is strictly for entertainment purposes.

nothing about all star weekend is even remotely entertaining anymore except maybe a quarter or two of the game itself.

Even as a trailblazer fan you cant believe that.

Honestly I am not a Luke Babbit fan at all. Dude is a bum. But I was just reporting what they have been saying up here. Either way if he can shoot it like they say he deserves a shot at going up against other guys like Curry.

Even as a trailblazer fan you cant believe that.

Honestly I am not a Luke Babbit fan at all. Dude is a bum. But I was just reporting what they have been saying up here. Either way if he can shoot it like they say he deserves a shot at going up against other guys like Curry.

Ok, I got ya. I just feel like thats clearly made up and he would prolly come out and stink it up. But if the guy shoots that well give him a shot to get some kind of recognition for what hes good at I guess.

And just to add to what I was saying about the 3pt contest being more interesting. It seems like the guys in that contest take pride in it and really want to win it. Where as the others, guys just go through the motions. The best are always in it and everyone is going hard to try to take it. Being the best contest dunker and gimmicky PG doesnt seem to bring out the real competitiveness in the other contests.

I was with you until the end..... If he goes its a wrap.
Son just needs to break out the harlem shake and the jerk and its over!

jimmerweddingdance.0_standard_709.0.gif

was it at the end of last year's dunk contest (or year before) where it was announced guys like Kobe and Lebron would travel the world recruiting guys for a Team Kobe or Team Lebron dunk contests? I remember seeing a commercial, but I guess they never went through with it?
Ooooooooooo yea what happened with this?

Last edited:
Anybody else going to be there in Houston? I don't have any event tickets, but I'll be volunteering at the events where ever they put me and I'll cop my tickets as the date approaches. I am at least going to be at the BBVA Rising Stars, need the Sunday and Saturday night stuff to drop below 5 bills though. :x

i think when people realize that james white is gonna enter the dunk contest a lot of people (last year's winner, dont even remember who it was, even though i watched.. blake, derozan) are gonna shy away from the challenge because they know they dont stand a chance..

the only one i think could be james white is vince carter in his prime..
Dominique or Harold Miner would give him a run for his money as well.

Why hasn't Nick Young ever been in the contest?

He was going off the backboard between the legs no problem in practice once. 360 behind the back as well. Dude has the highest vert ever tested in the league when he came in as a rookie, never shows it off.

^Always wanted to see Young do the contest... He could really get up there & he's creative with it too.

Hoping this article & all these players speaking up about White is hinting at something :nerd: :lol:

^Always wanted to see Young do the contest... He could really get up there & he's creative with it too.

Hoping this article & all these players speaking up about White is hinting at something :nerd: :lol:

i've seen nick young get up, just wonder why he never does it in games?

still believe nobody is touching james white if he enters.. that is why lebron is scared... and blake thinking twice.. if james white entered in jordan's dunk contest in 88, jordan would not have won..

Thursday, February 7th, 2013 at 5:00 pm | 4 Comments and 0 Reactions
James White Reportedly in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest

Ask, and you shall receive. According to the NY Post, James White has been added to the NBA Slam Dunk Contest field (thought it won’t be confirmed until tonight‘s TNT broadcast.) Rejoice, and please, do get familiar … : “League source says #Knicks swingman James White already has been informed he’s in the Slam-Dunk competition. Won’t be official until 7 p.m.” [...] Last night in Washington, White wouldn’t confirm he was named, but told said regarding the possibility, ‘It’s fun for the fans – an opportunity to show your talents. It will be fun.’ White gave his Knicks teammates a preview last week at Temple University after practice when he took off from the free-throw line and leapt all the way to the rim. [...] Ironically, White’s role with the Knicks is as a defensive swingman and rarely has he dunked in games. ‘I want the two points,’’ White said last night. “If I have an opportunity to dunk, I’ll do it.’”

Back
Top Bottom