How Can We Make Sure James White Is In The Donk Contest?

Why would anybody want to see james White dunk? Besides his groupies (DC is the president of that club) nobody gives a damn about White or the dunk contest. Just get rid of the All Star Weekend.

Chill son. Outside of that weird Shooting Stars challenge where they get a bunch of 50-year-old ex-NBA players to shoot halfcourt shots or whatever, most of the All-Star Weekend activities are pretty enjoyable.

Why would anybody want to see james White dunk? Besides his groupies (DC is the president of that club) nobody gives a damn about White or the dunk contest. Just get rid of the All Star Weekend.
Chill son. Outside of that weird Shooting Stars challenge where they get a bunch of 50-year-old ex-NBA players to shoot halfcourt shots or whatever, most of the All-Star Weekend activities are pretty enjoyable.
I still love the 'donk' contest. And I love James White 
laugh.gif

I even enjoy the Shooting Stars Challenge, love seeing how fat all the retired guys got

On a very serious note, and I say it every year, the 3 Point Contest needs to become the premier ASG event

I've been waiting over a decade for dude to be in the dunk contest. I just hope he gets to participate and he doesnt miss every dunk

I've been waiting over a decade for dude to be in the dunk contest. I just hope he gets to participate and he doesnt miss every dunk

Just off that he should be in contest, he has played ALL over the world since leaving Cincy and is finally getting some decent clock in the NBA. I think it is really great that he stuck to it and FINALLY made it to the point where he can contribute to a contender. Even if he gets in the contest and misses all of his dunks ( which I know he won't and hope he does not), just what he had to go through to be in the contest would probably be a win for him.

Nate Robinson might be the best athlete to ever play in the league. Son is a vet and has survived and did things Spud never could.  5'6 dudes don't last in the league for long.  Nate takes care of his body just like Lebron.  If Nate was taller he'd be a better shooting Bledsoe.

Why comment in a little known forum like this if you're just going to post hate? Like really now, go flame some other forum. White is a beast and if he and a few other explosive players are entered in the contest it could be fun to watch

So will this be the last year that this gets paid any attention to? Alonzo Gee, REALLY?

I'm like 99% sure Chris Palmer was just throwing out his guesses..... nobody else has tweeted on this

Plus the dunk contestants are usually the last guys revealed and that happens like 2 weeks before ASW.....

On a very serious note, and I say it every year, the 3 Point Contest needs to become the premier ASG event

:rofl: yes, we really wanted to see: Jason Kapono, James Jones, Channing Frye, Mike Bibby, Daequan Cook and Voshon Lenard as our All-Star weekend main attractions.

roll.gif
yes, we really wanted to see: Jason Kapono, James Jones, Channing Frye, Mike Bibby, Daequan Cook and Voshon Lenard as our All-Star weekend main attractions.
I  mean I could do the same thing to the dunk contest. Unless players like Bob Sura, Fred Jones, Chase Budinger, and Jarmario Moon were really raising eyebrows. The fact is that the Dunk Contest is now a joke and the 3 Point Contest is still a showcase of true skill.

I  mean I could do the same thing to the dunk contest. Unless players like Bob Sura, Fred Jones, Chase Budinger, and Jarmario Moon were really raising eyebrows. The fact is that the Dunk Contest is now a joke and the 3 Point Contest is still a showcase of true skill.

Just stop bro. There is nothing mildly creative/exciting about repetitive 3 point shooting. All-Star weekend is strictly for entertainment purposes.

Bob sura and voshon leonard should be inducted to the Hall of fame!!!!!!!!

Jordan dunk on sura was classic

Just stop bro. There is nothing mildly creative/exciting about repetitive 3 point shooting. All-Star weekend is strictly for entertainment purposes.
The 3 point contest isnt exciting? I wholeheartedly disagree, its very exciting to watch, creative? No of course not, but ask yourself what is exciting about 12 missed attempts at dunks while the crowd goes silent, then out of sheer exhaustion a basic dunk is done? This happens a lot nowadays in the dunk contest. The 3 point contest is consistent in what you're getting.

I agree that the dunk contest is prolly 3rd for me in terms of what I like when its all said and done. 3pt and the PG challenge both end up being better every year. The dunk contest gets all the hype because of what could happen. But it ends up being a bunch of laser light shows around a basic dunk at this point. Some people bring out good stuff, but the good dunkers dont make it because Blake Griffin will dunk over Kathy Griffin while she grabs for his balls or something.

3pt Contest is def the more skilled comp. Its just too bad there is no competition this year. Its all about the double check
View media item 219956

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom