Got ROBBED in Downtown Oakland by some goons on Saturday Night...

My boy and I got in a brawl at the Layover during First Friday a couple months back. It started out as **** talkin between us and two young cats then out of nowhere my man goes we're deep so naturally we retort with we're deep, too. Mind you, I didn't see anyone near these cats. As soon as my boy falsely said we're deep, too, I got clocked by a chump I didn't even see. Half a second later it's two on ten and at that point you're just swinging with your eyes closed. Fortunately, the fight got broken up else we would've got railed. Next morning I wake up and I hear about a young dude getting murked in uptown a block away.

Oakland is real. Mad cool peeps but you can't ever let your guard down. Young cats these days don't stand tall by themselves. It's the mob mentality. You gotta be careful who you engage in Oaktown. Nonetheless, it's my fav city in the Bay. I hate the city and will always have love for Oaktown. Mad cool peeps. Sadly, I'm moving to DC at the end of the month. I won't miss the city but I'll definitely miss Oaktown. I lived on 390 Grand in Lake Merritt. Right across from Bar 389. That's my spot. They serve dope food and its a real cool vibe.

Last edited:
My boy and I got in a brawl at the Layover during First Friday a couple months back. It started out as **** talkin between us and two young cats then out of nowhere my man goes we're deep so naturally we retort with we're deep, too. Mind you, I didn't see anyone near these cats. As soon as my boy falsely said we're deep, too, I got clocked by a chump I didn't even see. Half a second later it's two on ten and at that point you're just swinging with your eyes closed. Fortunately, the fight got broken up else we would've got railed. Next morning I wake up and I hear about a young dude getting murked in uptown a block away.

Oakland is real. Mad cool peeps but you can't ever let your guard down. Young cats these days don't stand tall by themselves. It's the mob mentality. You gotta be careful who you engage in Oaktown. Nonetheless, it's my fav city in the Bay. I hate the city and will always have love for Oaktown. Mad cool peeps. Sadly, I'm moving to DC at the end of the month. I won't miss the city but I'll definitely miss Oaktown. I lived on 390 Grand in Lake Merritt. Right across from Bar 389. That's my spot. They serve dope food and its a real cool vibe.

Damn man, glad you and your friends are OKAY. i feel like something can pop off at any moment in the Town, regardless of where you are (cept Piedmont / Montclair).

why in the hell do people think that because yuppies move in open some restaurants and drive up rent.. the place is nice and safe all of a sudden?? 

that ride over the bridge is a nice come up for all them boys in oakland and richmond..

This is why I never go to oakland. Glad you and your friends are okay op. Materialistic items can be replaced but lives can't be.

Last edited:
I know it's hard to be positive OP, but at least you and your friends are still alive.  Like others have said, dudes have been killed even after they give up their wallet and phone.  I hope you get your stuff back and dudes go to jail
mean.gif
.  To be honest, they don't even deserve to live...

What's up brajes, I just need to vent.

I've lived in Oakland for almost 30 years now and have never had anything like this happen to me or anyone I really know. I will try to keep it short.

Me, my girl, and 4 friends ( we are all white, average age 28 yrs old) were walking from our to car to the Fox Theatre area in Downtown Oakland Sat night about 7:30pm. Well lit area, we are around there all the time.

We get approached by 4 young black males (ages probably 18-25) on the sidewalk, they kind of flank and surround us. One taller, light skinned skinny dude, flashes the handgun in his waistband and pulls it out. Tells all the girls to hand over their purses, money, and cell phones.

At this point I'm in shock and don't move, the girls hand over their stuff. I don't hand over anything, it looks like they are in a rush to bounce but before they go the leader dude walks over to me, reaches in my front left pocket and snatches my new IPhone 5.

They sprint up the street hit the corner and they're gone. Cops show up 5 min later, we talk to them for 2 hrs and make statements.

Such a shame, I really thought my city was turning the corner in turns of a downtown-hipster-foody renaissance but the thugs will always be lurking. Thank god no one was hurt and it's all material stuff, but it just makes you lose that sense of security.

Anyone know any good reputable sites to get cheap smartphones or refurbished IPhones? Thanks for reading...

|I :smh: goddamnit

Just chalk it up, phone long gone by now. At least you made it out alive and they ain't F with ya girls. Shhh could've been much worse. But if you know where they stay at just shoot 2 tickets and like $250 and me and a homie will handle it.

cops have been making a bunch of arrest lately, they raided houses full of these goons.. but i guess it hasnt stopped or just a bunch of copy cats

I was in Oakland last Friday for a deep tissue massage. But Berkeley is where I be, dope peeps, foods, weather. What does Oakland have (aside from stadium) that Berkeley doesn't have?

sorry to hear, i guess i was pretty lucky when i visited for a show. It actually didn't seem too bad when i was there.....pretty empty actually

did you have insurance? or apple care on that? I wonder if that's even covered by apple care?

on a serious note, at least no one got hurt. I mean at the end of the day, I'd rather be alive then try to put up a struggle over some material stuff

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says. Oakland will always be a sketchy place to be especially around that area at night. No disrespect but i don't think Oakland will ever take a turn for the good ever. 

Good thing you guys walked away healthy. Know alot of people that weren't so fortunate. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom