Got ROBBED in Downtown Oakland by some goons on Saturday Night...

scout the place out in the next days/weekend...these clowns will be around cause they dont know any better. trust me.
trust me if someone pulls out a burner on me, they better use it or make sure i dont get a good look at them
" dont pull them thangs out unless, you ready to bang" -3000
BOMBS OVER BAGHDAAAAAAAAD

Glad you and your ppl were ok, op. I feel bad for you, but I feel worse for those kids. They tried to 'come up' n get some cred and some money but don't realize the cycle of ignorance and stupidity they're stuck it. The money they took will evaporate more quickly than they got it and the joy of the devices will fade faster than its battery life off a single charge. (Hopefully not, but) they will be back again, indulging in a habit that will lead them nowhere other than to death and destruction. Materials can be replaced, but how do you purchase a new soul? :smh:

Last edited:
Man it tears me apart I love my home( Bay Area) and hope to return but it hurts more for Oakland just because I wish my people could go back to the days when the panthers were around and we actually took care of each other but I will never see that happen. Don't get it twisted either grew up in Fillmore my whole life and sf is no better with crime... A lot of people feel more secure there but if you from the bay you know certain spots to stay from.... Almost got jacked on Masonic near the haight one night was so glad the bus came,jumped on the back of that bish and kept it movin... With all that said one day I will move back... No better place on earth... Glad u guys are safe tho

Last edited:
Man it tears me apart I love my home( Bay Area) and hope to return but it hurts more for Oakland just because I wish my people could go back to the days when the panthers were around and we actually took care of each other but I will never see that happen. Don't get it twisted either grew up in Fillmore my whole life and sf is no better with crime... A lot of people feel more secure there but if you from the bay you know certain spots to stay from.... Almost got jacked on Masonic near the haight one night was so glad the bus came,jumped on the back of that bish and kept it movin... With all that said one day I will move back... No better place on earth... Glad u guys are safe tho

View media item 309200

I've grown up in the Bay Area my whole life and this is one of the reasons I only hit up Oakland for Warriors games and occasionally an A's game. My mother got robbed for 400 that she was going to lend to my aunt. I was so heated. I'm sure there's nice parts of Oakland but nothing I can't do in San Francisco.

It's sad that you always have to be aware of your surroundings, you just can't go out and have fun. I'm glad that you got away with no injury. A few years ago my friends brother stopped at a taco truck in oakland on his way home and got robbed and killed. He gave up the money right away but they still shot him 

Such a shame, I really thought my city was turning the corner in turns of a downtown-hipster-foody renaissance but the thugs will always be lurking. Thank god no one was hurt and it's all material stuff, but it just makes you lose that sense of security.

Always gonna be turfies out here...

I work in downtown (on Broadway) and it's definitely an interesting mix of folks here. Homeless people and dudes in business suits walking right next to each other.

That's crazy that you got robbed going to a show at The Fox. I go there ALL the time (great place to see a show) and I'm less than sober most of the time. It's usually me and a couple others, so I'll be sure to look out from now on.

Sorry that happened to you though, man.

scout the place out in the next days/weekend...these clowns will be around cause they dont know any better. trust me.
trust me if someone pulls out a burner on me, they better use it or make sure i dont get a good look at them
Right.....

You did the smartest thing op, you don't know if they was willing to kill you over these things.
Hopefully they get caught and get theirs.

Here's another one for you, Ace.

View media item 309251
That one was even better oh great vague gif master.... Guess you can't detect dry sarcasm yourself... I won't clog thread with another rebuttal for the great gifdini

View media item 309258

You do realize that I wasn't accusing you of making up the stories to look cool, don't you? I was giving you a ridiculous face because you admitted to getting robbed once and said you almost got robbed another time, but then stated that you would move back there and that there is"no better place on earth". I don't think that anyone could read sarcasm in your statement.

Last edited:

:rofl:

As other's have said, in a situation like this you should be thankful you and your friends are ok. Phones and stuff can be replaced.

sorry to hear that OP.

they just material possessions tho...get ya mind back right and just try an be more vigilant..

Mamma always told me, Boy count your blessings!  You are alive to tell the tale and I for one am glad you are!  Hopefully the police department can solve the crime and offer you some measure of justice.
TRUTH. That's not the worst thing that can happen to you in Oakland.

I'm sorry to hear that OP.

At least the robbers didn't make you and your friends strip .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom