Got caught plagiarizing Vol. am I screwed?

supremacy

Banned
So basically, we were allowed to revise our analysis of a book. I have a friend who got a pretty high grade and i asked for his paper to help revise my own. I took down notes of the main points of his paper and then wrote my own and we both handed paper in. We got paper back today and teacher tells us to stay after class and says that she knows we've shared stuff for the paper, etc because apparently our final hand-in paper was very similar. Friend confesses that i borrowed his paper so i can't even try to dispute with teacher and stuff.

What's the punishment for plagiarizing? I know that I'll definitely end up with a crappy grade for the class if teacher passes me, but are there any other consequences?
Like, this is my 1st time so would it still go on my record or do they just give warnings? I'm a high school senior if it matters

So basically, we were allowed to revise our analysis of a book. I have a friend who got a pretty high grade and i asked for his paper to help revise my own. I took down notes of the main points of his paper and then wrote my own and we both handed paper in. We got paper back today and teacher tells us to stay after class and says that she knows we've shared stuff for the paper, etc because apparently our final hand-in paper was very similar. Friend confesses that i borrowed his paper so i can't even try to dispute with teacher and stuff.

What's the punishment for plagiarizing? I know that I'll definitely end up with a crappy grade for the class if teacher passes me, but are there any other consequences?
Like, this is my 1st time so would it still go on my record or do they just give warnings? I'm a high school senior if it matters

uhhh...yeah...that's serious stuff right there

edit: never mind, you're just a high school senior...i wouldn't worry it about it too much

if you were in college, then yeah, that would have been terrible...

uhhh...yeah...that's serious stuff right there

edit: never mind, you're just a high school senior...i wouldn't worry it about it too much

if you were in college, then yeah, that would have been terrible...

They will place a scarlet "P" on your chest and you will be mocked and chastised by your contemporaries for your remaining years on earth.

You got sold out
laugh.gif
. Shoulda just revised your own work.

Plagiarism is a very serious deal dude.. if your lucky you wont get kicked out the institution. 

Plagiarism is a very serious deal dude.. if your lucky you wont get kicked out the institution. 

They will place a scarlet "P" on your chest and you will be mocked and chastised by your contemporaries for your remaining years on earth.

If you're in college, you get kicked out of the school. But since you're in hs, you'll probably get a 0 for the assignment. Depending on your school, that is. Worse possible punishment would be suspension though.

If you're in college, you get kicked out of the school. But since you're in hs, you'll probably get a 0 for the assignment. Depending on your school, that is. Worse possible punishment would be suspension though.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

college maybe, high school probably not too serious and it wasn't from a published work so it's not AS bad

btw SoLeCiTy...you go to URI?

Back
Top Bottom