Got caught plagiarizing Vol. am I screwed?

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

My son said he turned them in at the same time tho
laugh.gif
you might as well put your name underneath his and turn in the same paper.
Had a friend way back in like 7th or 8th grade that copied another friends Spanish homework word for word.  It was real basic questions we had to answer, "How are you?" What's your name?" stuff like that.  Dude copied "Me llamo Joe"  (My name is Joe), but his name's Nick, so he got caught. 
laugh.gif

You'll flunk the class for sure.

You might have your college acceptance revoked (it's happened to some friends of mine back in HS when they did this in our AP English classes).

Also, let this be a lesson to you. Either be prepared to go to community college for a bit to make up for it or if you're lucky enough to get into college, don't ever do this again.

Otherwise the professor(s) and turnitin.com will be your worst enemy.

You'll flunk the class for sure.

You might have your college acceptance revoked (it's happened to some friends of mine back in HS when they did this in our AP English classes).

Also, let this be a lesson to you. Either be prepared to go to community college for a bit to make up for it or if you're lucky enough to get into college, don't ever do this again.

Otherwise the professor(s) and turnitin.com will be your worst enemy.

It's HS, not a big deal...

I got caught one time in University. I was seriously #!!%+*+$ my pants...
I realized that I failed to properly cite some quotes and what not.
Prof gives me an email stating to see her at her office. I thought it was to simply talk about my topic (since it was very interesting, and very detailed).

She points out every single thing I didn't cite and used "as my own". I sat there with my mouth open and sweating.
She broke down how serious this was and what not.
However, I told her that I just got a whole mix up and offered to cite and make these changes...
I also offered to do a whole new outline for my paper, and e mailed her consistently about progressions of my paper.
I know it sounds very degrading - very elementary, however I had to butter her up somehow.

Luckily she didn't proceed with the plagiarism case, and I ended up with a B-.
She actually respected that I made several efforts to better the paper.
Trust me, now I cite properly and look over it twice (which you should do for any paper anyway).

This was quite possibly the scariest situation I have ever encountered.

It's HS, not a big deal...

I got caught one time in University. I was seriously #!!%+*+$ my pants...
I realized that I failed to properly cite some quotes and what not.
Prof gives me an email stating to see her at her office. I thought it was to simply talk about my topic (since it was very interesting, and very detailed).

She points out every single thing I didn't cite and used "as my own". I sat there with my mouth open and sweating.
She broke down how serious this was and what not.
However, I told her that I just got a whole mix up and offered to cite and make these changes...
I also offered to do a whole new outline for my paper, and e mailed her consistently about progressions of my paper.
I know it sounds very degrading - very elementary, however I had to butter her up somehow.

Luckily she didn't proceed with the plagiarism case, and I ended up with a B-.
She actually respected that I made several efforts to better the paper.
Trust me, now I cite properly and look over it twice (which you should do for any paper anyway).

This was quite possibly the scariest situation I have ever encountered.

in high school, I had to do this paper (most important paper of the year) like 20 pages or somethin like that, I found this line that basically summed up my paper, it was a great line. So i put it as the 1st sentence in my paper, worked my $%% off on that paper, handed it in and I didnt think to actually quote the line, i just wrote it in and my teacher was like hmm, this is wayyy to perfect to be written by him, searched that 1 line right at the beginning of my paper and saw it pop up in google, tore it up, had to write the paper over on another topic... she told me it was a great paper but since i didnt cite that 1 line, it was plagiarism and she couldnt accept it... FML... its high school they will probably just make you do it over...

in high school, I had to do this paper (most important paper of the year) like 20 pages or somethin like that, I found this line that basically summed up my paper, it was a great line. So i put it as the 1st sentence in my paper, worked my $%% off on that paper, handed it in and I didnt think to actually quote the line, i just wrote it in and my teacher was like hmm, this is wayyy to perfect to be written by him, searched that 1 line right at the beginning of my paper and saw it pop up in google, tore it up, had to write the paper over on another topic... she told me it was a great paper but since i didnt cite that 1 line, it was plagiarism and she couldnt accept it... FML... its high school they will probably just make you do it over...

Originally Posted by damedash06

OD.

Originally Posted by damedash06

OD.

Good luck getting into college. Or getting a job. Or living
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
Just playin man
Spoiler [+]
but really...

Good luck getting into college. Or getting a job. Or living
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
Just playin man
Spoiler [+]
but really...

Get better friends.

Also, some High School teachers take their jobs way too seriously. Taking your job way too seriously ≠ being the best teacher you can be; power tripping.

Get better friends.

Also, some High School teachers take their jobs way too seriously. Taking your job way too seriously ≠ being the best teacher you can be; power tripping.

Back
Top Bottom