Got caught plagiarizing Vol. am I screwed?

It's whatever in high school, but if you do it in college (at least in my school) you automatically get a failing grade, have to write an essay on why plagiarism is bad, and you are also put on trial with student judicial affairs where they decide if they want to kick you out of your major, kick you out of the whole institution, or if they'll give you another shot

Smh, my professors and TAs have said it too many times in class and on their syllabi for me to be able to recite it haha

It's whatever in high school, but if you do it in college (at least in my school) you automatically get a failing grade, have to write an essay on why plagiarism is bad, and you are also put on trial with student judicial affairs where they decide if they want to kick you out of your major, kick you out of the whole institution, or if they'll give you another shot

Smh, my professors and TAs have said it too many times in class and on their syllabi for me to be able to recite it haha

Originally Posted by reigndrop

you're college acceptance may be in jeopardy
i don't think that's the case

too late for that now..it's December already and from what I remember when I was H.S, college applications have already been sent out. And most colleges, look at the high school transcript all the way up to junior year.  In some cases, they do look at the first half of senior year but not too much stock in it.

But i don't think this will affect him that much.

O.P, just don't do this in college. Good Luck

Originally Posted by reigndrop

you're college acceptance may be in jeopardy
i don't think that's the case

too late for that now..it's December already and from what I remember when I was H.S, college applications have already been sent out. And most colleges, look at the high school transcript all the way up to junior year.  In some cases, they do look at the first half of senior year but not too much stock in it.

But i don't think this will affect him that much.

O.P, just don't do this in college. Good Luck

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by Supremacy

Friend confesses that i borrowed his paper so i can't even try to dispute with teacher and stuff.
30t6p3b.gif
Drop that pansy.
Unless it was really apparent that you copied, both of ya'll could have played it off as coincidence.

Yea, dude shoulda denied it, not straight up turned you in.  Then shoulda tried and talk your way out of it, and if it's not working, he still shouldn't say @##@... If it comes down to it where you're both about to get in trouble, then it's on you to let her know it wasn't him cheating, not his snitchin @$@. 

You should be alright, though.  Everyone knows senior year of highschool is a joke.
laugh.gif

Friend confesses that i borrowed his paper so i can't even try to dispute with teacher and stuff.
30t6p3b.gif
Drop that pansy.
Unless it was really apparent that you copied, both of ya'll could have played it off as coincidence.

Yea, dude shoulda denied it, not straight up turned you in.  Then shoulda tried and talk your way out of it, and if it's not working, he still shouldn't say @##@... If it comes down to it where you're both about to get in trouble, then it's on you to let her know it wasn't him cheating, not his snitchin @$@. 

You should be alright, though.  Everyone knows senior year of highschool is a joke.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Oh its high school.
Not as serious then but wth you need to borrow ideas for a high school paper? Isnt the longest paper you would ever have to write in HS like 4 pages?

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Oh its high school.
Not as serious then but wth you need to borrow ideas for a high school paper? Isnt the longest paper you would ever have to write in HS like 4 pages?

15-20 years state prison fam.
My son said he turned them in at the same time tho
laugh.gif
you might as well put your name underneath his and turn in the same paper.

15-20 years state prison fam.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't worried about it because you are in high school..

However

In college.. Plagiarism is serious!!

I wouldn't worried about it because you are in high school..

However

In college.. Plagiarism is serious!!

30t6p3b.gif
Drop that pansy.
prisoners dilemma

30t6p3b.gif
Drop that pansy.
prisoners dilemma

not only did you plagiarize but you cheated. it really depends on the teacher it can just be a 0 for that assignment or it could be a suspension and an automatic F in the class.

not only did you plagiarize but you cheated. it really depends on the teacher it can just be a 0 for that assignment or it could be a suspension and an automatic F in the class.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Due date is the same for everyone. It's not like one person can turn in paper a day earlier or a day later

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Due date is the same for everyone. It's not like one person can turn in paper a day earlier or a day later

laugh.gif
Had a friend way back in like 7th or 8th grade that copied another friends Spanish homework word for word.  It was real basic questions we had to answer, "How are you?" What's your name?" stuff like that.  Dude copied "Me llamo Joe"  (My name is Joe), but his name's Nick, so he got caught. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom