F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

So happy for Lewis! McLaren really goofed giving Lando the soft tyres.

The team/drivers made 3 big mistakes...

They should have double-stacked Lando and Oscar. Time loss with 1 more lap on slicks >>> time loss with double-stacking.
Lando should have boxed 1 lap earlier... that's on the driver getting the right feel for the track.
Regarding tyre choice, sounded like both team and driver were responsible. Lando probably made the ultimate call, but really shocked that they didn't go for the NEW Med. Lando missing his marks on the slippery pit also cost him 2 vital seconds.

Ultimately, the team and drivers still need to learn how to win. Surrounded by Merc/Lewis & RBR/Max, they have so much experience on this. And they better learn fast cuz you can't take a fast car for granted. Things can change so fast.

The team/drivers made 3 big mistakes...

They should have double-stacked Lando and Oscar. Time loss with 1 more lap on slicks >>> time loss with double-stacking.
Lando should have boxed 1 lap earlier... that's on the driver getting the right feel for the track.
Regarding tyre choice, sounded like both team and driver were responsible. Lando probably made the ultimate call, but really shocked that they didn't go for the NEW Med. Lando missing his marks on the slippery pit also cost him 2 vital seconds.

Ultimately, the team and drivers still need to learn how to win. Surrounded by Merc/Lewis & RBR/Max, they have so much experience on this. And they better learn fast cuz you can't take a fast car for granted. Things can change so fast.

They’re on the cusp of really being something special just have to work on those things that are costing them potential wins.

Zak is really making it personal with Horner going as far as to almost suggest they drop Perez.

🌶️🌶️👀

If Merc keeps this up Max might jump ship

Posting this anyway even though the team messed up his points chance. Sargeant had a good weekend and now isn’t last in the drivers standings

IMG_2398.jpeg

I had the result spoiled for me my first thought was “How?!”, so I was watching looking for how it all unfolded. Turned out to be a good race. After all of his complaints this year about the car, that had to feel good.

Posting this anyway even though the team messed up his points chance. Sargeant had a good weekend and now isn’t last in the drivers standings

IMG_2398.jpeg

Not enough to save him but finally a solid showing from your boy!

Would be funny if he scored in Hungary and Spa and made it difficult on Williams

Not enough to save him but finally a solid showing from your boy!

Would be funny if he scored in Hungary and Spa and made it difficult on Williams
That pit stop for inters smh

Andretti getting in would be his best chance to secure a seat going forward if he doesn’t go the reserve/test drive

IIRC, on Piastri’s radio there was absolutely no doubt that the Medium was the tire to go with. How did Norris’ engineer not have that info?

In the cool down room it was obvious to Lewis and Max that the medium was the choice. What was going on at McLaren to where Norris and his engineer were the only ones without a clue??

That pit stop for inters smh

Andretti getting in would be his best chance to secure a seat going forward if he doesn’t go the reserve/test drive

If Andretti ever got in I don’t even think Logan would be on their radar. Herta drives for them in Indy and he’s only fast in practice but I still think he’d get a look before Logan. And so much time is gonna pass before Andretti gets a team on the grid that it’ll probably be someone else.

Wow

Just casually opened the news and saw this out of the blue:

1720393157837.png

I just glared at my screen, frozen, for who knows how long :lol:

Haven't watched since 2021 but glad to add another win to the collection. I've got all of his previous 103 wins on my hard drive and happy to add another one after so long.
Looking forward to watching this and to see how it all played out.

17 years since his best win in 2008. What a story.

Hulkenberg has scored more points in the last two races than Perez has scored in the last 6 :lol: not to mention Sargent out-qualifying Perez 8 times since the beginning of last season, in a much worse car.

Definitely putting some stock in the running theory that Red Bull extended him early to try to boost his confidence and lift his performance, while having performance clauses included that allow them to drop him without much consequence. Still can't see him in that seat next year.

That was probably the race of the year right? or Canada maybe? But this was a banger.

McLaren might have the best car at the moment but they are maybe the 3rd of 4th best team as far as strategy is concerned. They will have to get on the same level as RBR and Merc if they want to be successful. If either one of those teams have a competitive car, their strategy and the fact that they have Lewis and Max puts them over the top. This should have been an easy 1-2 for McLaren if they made the right call.

What is going on at Ferrari? Charles has been lapped 3 out of last 4 races.

It was refreshing to see Lewis win again after all this time, especially at Silverstone. Love that he's getting his mojo back before he joins Ferrari next season.

McLaren might have the best car at the moment but they are maybe the 3rd of 4th best team as far as strategy is concerned. They will have to get on the same level as RBR and Merc if they want to be successful. If either one of those teams have a competitive car, their strategy and the fact that they have Lewis and Max puts them over the top. This should have been an easy 1-2 for McLaren if they made the right call.
I think depending on the track and track conditions, all three cars can be 'the best'.
Like in Montreal, IIRC, RBR were quick in the wet, McL were quick when it started drying, while Merc were quick when it dried up.

But yeah... yet another race that got away from McLaren... 😓

I really wish a member of the media would bring this asinine quote up to Lando in the lead up to Hungary and ask him if he’d like to reconsider his stupidity.

With Lando now consistently providing Sunday Bottle Job service in the fastest car, his words aged like milk and hopefully now he respects what Lewis has been able to achieve.

You don’t achieve these results by simply having the fastest car and having to beat “1 or 2 other drivers” F1 is much more complicated than that :

IMG_6118.jpeg

He’s got more wins than points finishes. And 2007-09 were when points were awarded for only P1-P8!!

And if you take maybe 4-6 of those DNF’s away, he has two more world championships and that’s before you get to the ‘21 debacle.

this past weekend's win highlighted the skill Lewis still has and his ability...the weather and how it played out with tire strategies required world class skill to win that race. it was truly a racer's race, as many of the talking heads said afterwards

Back
Top Bottom