Egypt REVOLUTION! Military Coup = Succuessful. U.S. paid military now in power.

Carlos Tevez wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is so cute.

That is why I love Egyptians. Love their sense of humour and festive fun they bring along. The best bellydancer I have ever seen is an Egyptian MALE. They are the ones who teach women how to bellydance and it is considered quite normal. Amazing dancers.

Recent developments are that the leadership of the NDP have resigned and there are reports that Hosni did also, but he still remains president?

I am very proud of the Egyptian people and amazed at their resilience. Keep your fists up and do not give up my Egpytian brethen.

There was a protest/march in NYC last night which I think ended at the United Nations. Was really dope to see... The people of Egypt are inspiring

Friggin yuku deleted my post
mad.gif

Anyways, the video I posted above was making light of Egyptian state TV propaganda that has blamed "foreign elements" for the ongoing protests. State TV is claiming that "millions" have taken to the streets to support Mubarak and that the few anti-Mubarak demonstrations consist of foreigners who are paying Egyptians in U.S. dollars and Euros to show up to these demonstrations. They also blame the Muslim Brotherhood for the violence that has happened over the past 12 days.
laugh.gif

State run Al-Ahram newspaper posted a picture of pro-Mubarak protesters on its front page a few days ago with the headline that "millions" turned out supporting Mubarak.

Meanwhile, Mubarak, Suleiman and Shafik have told Western media sources that the Muslim Brotherhood are behind all the violence and that many of the people protesting arent Egyptian.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

mad.gif

Anyways, the video I posted above was making light of Egyptian state TV propaganda that has blamed "foreign elements" for the ongoing protests. State TV is claiming that "millions" have taken to the streets to support Mubarak and that the few anti-Mubarak demonstrations consist of foreigners who are paying Egyptians in U.S. dollars and Euros to show up to these demonstrations. They also blame the Muslim Brotherhood for the violence that has happened over the past 12 days.
laugh.gif

State run Al-Ahram newspaper posted a picture of pro-Mubarak protesters on its front page a few days ago with the headline that "millions" turned out supporting Mubarak.

Meanwhile, Mubarak, Suleiman and Shafik have told Western media sources that the Muslim Brotherhood are behind all the violence and that many of the people protesting arent Egyptian.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do they really think anyone believes that?
ohwell.gif
I mean, who's he trying to convince?

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

mad.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Do they really think anyone believes that?
ohwell.gif
I mean, who's he trying to convince?

Its for domestic consumption. They control most information within the country, and when there is no other source of news, you'll believe the only thing you hear, especially in times of chaos/uncertainty. Classic tactic of dictators. This post on The Arabist makes a good point:

it's easy to forget that there are still millions of Egyptians who haven't been among the protesters, who distrust Arab satellite stations, and who derive their political narrative from state TV. Maybe they live in the countryside, and know their local NDP deputy (or NDP "independent") well, and have a well-connected family patriarch to vouch for them before the police. Maybe they don't have a little brother who dabbled in activism at the university, and had his head kicked in.
I spent yesterday speaking to people along some of the rural stretches the Cairo-Alex agricultural road. Almost everyone I spoke to was pro-Mubarak. They seemed to have been genuinely moved by Mubarak's resignation speech. They felt sorry for an old man humiliated.  They were against corruption, sure, but wasn't that just bad ministers? Clearly the ministers were misleading the president. Couldn't everything be solved by a cabinet shuffle? Why should a man who served his country for 30 years, keeping the country out of wars, be sent away?

These talking points are right out of the state press. You start to see some of the genius of the last two decades of information management. Allowing private Arab satellite news stations but not Egyptian ones: well, clearly those broadcasting all this footage are foreigners, out to destabilize Egypt. All those supposed "conflicts" reported in state press between the "president" and the "government": well, clearly that shows that Mubarak is the right one to supervise reform.
You don't need everyone to buy this narrative, but it's useful when your police and baltagiya hear it. That way, when they go out to break the heads of the Jazeera/Hizbullah-funded conspiracy against Egypt, they have a sense of patriotic purpose. It's useful when your soldiers hear it, because that way when they clear Tahrir, the're rescuing the country from chaos. Very likely the camel riders who charged the crowd two days ago were told that this was a good way to bring the tourists back.
http://www.arabist.net/bl...-counter-revolution.html

Originally Posted by rashi

Oh I see. CIA Operative Sulieman is taking power...

This is a joke.
Actually Al-Jazeera and the BBC have been reporting that the military will most likely be taking power for the time being.
Also, it looks like he will be stepping down. He hasn't officially yet. So, lets not jump the gun.

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Carlos Tevez wrote:

Mubarak has resigned and handed over powers to VP Omar Suleiman.

Is this the late breaking news as of now!? Details////

He still hasn't said anything. He will address the nation in a few hours and will probably step down at that time but nothing has been said yet. I'm Egyptian and I have family on facebook so the people I talk to from Egypt from facebook is my main source for news. No media spin or other bs. lol

[h1][/h1]
[h1] Mubarak: I'll delegate powers to vice president [/h1] [h2] Reports that he might step down create confusion about who is ruling nation [/h2]

CAIRO — President Hosni Mubarak addressed an expectant Egypt on Thursday, saying that he had delegated his powers to the vice president and saying those who died during Egypt's unrest did not die in vain, according to NBC News translation.

Saying he was addressing Egypt's youth and people in Tahrir Square and the nation, he said he believed in the honesty of the demands of the protesters and their intentions.

"I am addressing from the heart," he said. "The blood of the martyrs and injured will not go in vain ... My heart aches for your heartache."

Earlier, two sources told NBC News that Mubarak was expected to step down, losing his 30-year grip on power after 17 days of dramatic mass uprisings across the nation.

NBC's Richard Engel reported that a high-ranking source inside the president's office said the newly appointed vice president, Omar Suleiman, would take over. That was confirmed by a second source.

Mubarak's speech added to the confusion over who would run the nation.

Earlier, egypt's military announced on national television it had stepped in to secure the country and promised protesters calling for Mubarak's ouster that all their demands would soon be met.

Protesters packed in Cairo's central Tahrir Square broke into chants of "We're almost there, we're almost there" and waved V-for-victory signs as more flowed in to join them well after nightfall, bringing their numbers well over 100,000. But euphoria that they were nearing their goal of Mubarak's fall was tempered with worries that a military takeover could scuttle wider demands for true democracy. Many vowed to continue protests.

The military's moves had some trappings of an outright takeover, perhaps to push Mubarak out for the army to run the country itself in a break with the constitution. But comments by Mubarak's aides and his meetings with the top two figures in his regime — Suleiman and Prime Minister Ahmed Shafiq — before his speech suggested he may try to carry out a constitutionally allowed half-measure of handing his powers to Suleiman while keeping his title as president.

That step would likely not satisfy protesters, and it was not clear if the military supports such a move. The United States' CIA director Leon Panetta said Mubarak appeared poised to hand over his powers to Suleiman.
There were unconfirmed reports that Mubarak had left Cairo for the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh or gone overseas, but sources told NBC News he was still in the capital.

President Barack Obama said, "We are witnessing history unfold" in Egypt and vowed the United States would continue to support an orderly and genuine transition to democracy. But the White House gave no indication if it knew what the next steps would be. The U.S. has close ties to the Egyptian military, which gets $1.3 billion a year in aid from Washington.

'Safeguard the nation'
The dramatic developments capped 17 days of mass anti-government protests, some drawing a quarter-million people, to demand Mubarak's immediate ouster. What began as an Internet campaign swelled into the stiffest challenge ever to Mubarak's authoritarian rule, fueled by widespread frustration over government corruption, rampant poverty and unemployment.

The Associated Press reported that Mubarak was not present at Thursday's supreme military council meeting, despite being the commander in chief of Egypt's armed forces. Suleiman, a former army general and intelligence chief named to his post after the protests erupted Jan. 25, also was not there.
Video: Engel: Egyptians see resignation as end of corruption
Footage on state TV showed Defense Minster Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi chairing the meeting of two dozen stern-faced army officers seated around a table. At Tantawi's right was military chief of staff Gen. Sami Anan.

State TV announced that the supreme council had expressed its "support of the legitimate demands of the people."

A senior member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's biggest opposition group, said he feared the Egyptian army was staging a military coup.

"It looks like a military coup ... I feel worry and anxiety. The problem is not with the president it is with the regime," Essam al-Erian told Reuters.

State TV's parking lot was blocked with cement blocks and razor wire and only essential staff remained in its headquarters, NBC News reported.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/...ld_news-mideastn_africa/

Ron Paul dropping some serious knowledge on MSNBC.
pimp.gif

Not to wish anything bad, but are the people of Cairo going to kill him now? Seems like they're are ultra pissed right now. The guy probably wouldn't get a proper burial. They probably just leave him out somewhere for the world to see.

Back
Top Bottom