SneakerHeathen wrote:
Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

SneakerHeathen wrote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bruce was also trained in Western boxing and won the 1958 Boxing Championship match against 3-time champion Gary Elms by knockout in the 3rd round. Before arriving to the finals against Elms, Lee had knocked out 3 straight boxers in the first round.[sup][31][/sup] In addition, Bruce learned western fencing techniques from his brother Peter Lee, who was a champion fencer at the time.[sup][32][/sup]

eek.gif
I didn't even know that.............and this guy SneakerHeathen still thinks he has a legitimate case.
laugh.gif
Gary Elms was not a 3-time champ at a pro level...

My case is still far more legit than anyone else who has yet to post. Especially yours. BTW there seems to be alot of things you "didn't even know"....

Why would I have to know everything about Bruce Lee to know that Lee would have absolutely kicked Mike Tyson's !!%!?
laugh.gif

Fighting is more perceptive than just a guy with power who is just trained to punch and counter-punch.
eyes.gif
And what's up with this crap about "pro fighters"!? Granted Lee never fought a guy like Ali or Tyson..........but I am willing to bet that both of these guys would have some hard thinking to do before accepting a fight with Bruce Lee whereas I'm sure Lee would love to accept the challenge. I don't distinctly recall Mike Tyson challenging a black belt or red belt to a fight...You think in Don King terms of "pro fighting".....and show little to no respect for a martial artist the caliber of Bruce Lee.

And by the way.....your case isn't anywhere close to legit which is why other people besides me are in total disagreement with you.
wink.gif

Thats easy, because its popular to shout out "Lee" in these arguments.

Anyways, I show respect to those who earn it. Lee's caliber is in question, I'm questioning it. Why? Because he's not a pro-fighter. His life wasn't dedicated to fighting others for money. People (boxers, mma, kickboxers, etc) who actually fight on a pro level because that's how they eat, THEY earn my respect.

Not sensationalized martial-artists/actors......Sorry I'm not buying into the hype like most are. I go against the grain when I have to.

That's not a legitimate argument because if you took the money away from "pro-fighters" would they still fight? I highly doubt it. Bruce Leewas doing it because he had a passion for it. He didn't go into it thinking he would make x amount of dollars for what he did.

laugh.gif
at some of yall thinking that boxing is inferior in the realm of martial arts

It is fam.

Its a art limited by the parameters of sport competition.

The angles, defense, training is designed to go twelve rounds with boxing gloves and a ref. Boxers can destroy regular people outside of the ring...but MA is afull body science, composed of everything it takes to win anyfight with any part of the body, under any circumstance.

Take a MA and a western boxer or equal talent levels...the Martial artist will win 9 times out of 10.

We have professional boxers in my gym and professional MMA fighters....its not even a competition.

Y'all are arguing about stuff that like common knowledge to anyone involved in both worlds.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

You. Are. ******ed. for believing in myths that have no factual proof. No, i shouldn't say ******ed, but rather..you are naive.
And if tyson could, by your reasoning, beat norris, why'd you bring him up? If they both could beat norris, what good is he as an ability guideline?
OK, you want videos:

edit: Better video. Not slowed down.

Obviously there aren't a lot of videos since it was a long time ago.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Club29

From a technical standpoint, once Bruce figured out Tyson's boxing he would go to his jeet kune do and Tyson wouldnt know how to handle it

Lee by TKO

Sure, because all it takes is simple logic to dispose of a person right?

If it were only that simple with a guy like Mike...

I just feel that Lee had enough boxing experience to feel Tyson out first, before employing his own stradegy.

Would Lee get hit attempting to come in? Sure.

Lee's speed would play a huge factor, however. Dodging the hooks and coming in with a takedown of some sort.

Infact, forget I said Lee by TKO because Tyson would be completely lost once Lee started working submissions.

Lee by armbar

Originally Posted by HK Feet 27

SneakerHeathen wrote:

SneakerHeathen wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Bruce was also trained in Western boxing and won the 1958 Boxing Championship match against 3-time champion Gary Elms by knockout in the 3rd round. Before arriving to the finals against Elms, Lee had knocked out 3 straight boxers in the first round.[sup][31][/sup] In addition, Bruce learned western fencing techniques from his brother Peter Lee, who was a champion fencer at the time.[sup][32][/sup]

eek.gif
I didn't even know that.............and this guy SneakerHeathen still thinks he has a legitimate case.
laugh.gif
Gary Elms was not a 3-time champ at a pro level...

My case is still far more legit than anyone else who has yet to post. Especially yours. BTW there seems to be alot of things you "didn't even know"....

Why would I have to know everything about Bruce Lee to know that Lee would have absolutely kicked Mike Tyson's !!%!?
laugh.gif

Fighting is more perceptive than just a guy with power who is just trained to punch and counter-punch.
eyes.gif
And what's up with this crap about "pro fighters"!? Granted Lee never fought a guy like Ali or Tyson..........but I am willing to bet that both of these guys would have some hard thinking to do before accepting a fight with Bruce Lee whereas I'm sure Lee would love to accept the challenge. I don't distinctly recall Mike Tyson challenging a black belt or red belt to a fight...You think in Don King terms of "pro fighting".....and show little to no respect for a martial artist the caliber of Bruce Lee.

And by the way.....your case isn't anywhere close to legit which is why other people besides me are in total disagreement with you.
wink.gif

Thats easy, because its popular to shout out "Lee" in these arguments.

Anyways, I show respect to those who earn it. Lee's caliber is in question, I'm questioning it. Why? Because he's not a pro-fighter. His life wasn't dedicated to fighting others for money. People (boxers, mma, kickboxers, etc) who actually fight on a pro level because that's how they eat, THEY earn my respect.

Not sensationalized martial-artists/actors......Sorry I'm not buying into the hype like most are. I go against the grain when I have to.

That's not a legitimate argument because if you took the money away from "pro-fighters" would they still fight? I highly doubt it. Bruce Lee was doing it because he had a passion for. He didn't go into it thinking he would make x amount of dollars for what he did.

Passion has nothing to do with it sir. Stop it....

Michael Spinks detested fighting in any form. He became undisputed light heavyweight champion of the world. Heavyweight champion of the world. Was undefeatedtill he lost to Iron Mike...

My point? You don't have to love what you're doing to be good at it. You can either love or hate it, either way you can still get your bell rung....

i really dont kno how good of a fight bruce lee actually was, i mean ive seen some old movies but is he really fighting?

did he ever fight professionally?

Mike was a beast tho. Probably the most dominate professional athlete ever in his prime with maybe the exception of Wilt Chamberlain.

Do you think that the best MMA fighter in his prime could take tyson in his?

Because honestly soon as one of those MMA grappler dudes gets Mike on the mat its over in submission forreaaal. I dont think its fair to compare fighters withdifferent styles.

I googled Gary Elms and found 0 on this guy except Bruce Lee beating him... Did he even EXIST? Proof?

do you actually think bruce lee would have time to hit tyson with his 'one-inch-punch'?..yea right.

and i know lee was incredibly quick. But, tyson was also very fast. some of his fights during the 80s really show how fast he was in dodging/weaving, etc. Ofcourse, I don't think tyson was as fast as lee, but his strength coupled with the fact that lee was also about 75 pounds lighter, would also make up forthat. Tyson could probably take more of lee's punches, than lee could of tysons.

do you actually think bruce lee would have time to hit tyson with his 'one-inch-punch'?..yea right.

and i know lee was incredibly quick. But, tyson was also very fast. some of his fights during the 80s really show how fast he was in dodging/weaving, etc. Of course, I don't think tyson was as fast as lee, but his strength coupled with the fact that lee was also about 75 pounds lighter, would also make up for that. Tyson could probably take more of lee's punches, than lee could of tysons.
He wouldnt need to hit Tyson with the 1-inch punch. But it demonstrates how powerful his punches are.
Yes
But Tyson wouldnt hit Lee, as many times as Lee would hit Tyson.
Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

oh and lets just be honest if this were to actually happen.

BEST FIGHT EVER! I could imagine how much money they would make of this pay-per view.
laugh.gif

It would though. The most dominant fighter ever vs Top 5 boxer ever
pimp.gif

BEST FIGHT EVER! I could imagine how much money they would make of this pay-per view.

Originally Posted by 18key

and i know lee was incredibly quick. But, tyson was also very fast. some of his fights during the 80s really show how fast he was in dodging/weaving, etc. Of course, I don't think tyson was as fast as lee, but his strength coupled with the fact that lee was also about 75 pounds lighter, would also make up for that. Tyson could probably take more of lee's punches, than lee could of tysons.
He wouldnt need to hit Tyson with the 1-inch punch. But it demonstrates how powerful his punches are.
Yes
You're right.....

Because Lee would be laid out looking for his mouth piece if he ever tried trading punches with Tyson...

Yes
You're right.....

Because Lee would be laid out looking for his mouth piece if he ever tried trading punches with Tyson...
?
Lee wouldnt trade punches. He'd trade a punch for 2 punches and a kick. Fight over.

Yes
1....no, it doesn't. It demonstrates how powerful that specific punch is. That punch, which takes time to concentrate all of that power into,and throw from a single inch away. That punch, which would be utterly useless in a fight with mike tyson. But, in general, I'm sure bruce's puncheswere probably quite powerful...but to the scale of tyson's..? NAH
2. Tyson wouldn't need to hit lee much. A few clean hits (if that much) would probably do.

Yes
Originally Posted by BIGTEEZY

laugh.gif

It would though. The most dominant fighter ever vs Top 5 boxer ever
pimp.gif
Top 5 boxer? Tyson top 5?

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Tyson isn't top 5, p4p or HW.....

Okay look up Yokuse Ninshijima....

who?

Look him up...
I looked him up....but what am I lookin for?
His exploits as a boxer and a martial artist...

He was good as a boxer..

He dominated as a martial artist...

Im still not getting the point fam....seriously

He dominated as a martial artist though?

I don't know about that
laugh.gif

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.

Originally Posted by CrunkJuicedUp

some of you guys are seriously stupid as hell....... bruce lee wouldn't even let mike tyson take a breath before knocking his %$* out and this is coming from a fan of both bruce lee and mike tyson. you dudes who say tyson would win are staight up clowns and have no experince or knowlege of fighting what so ever. noobs
tired.gif

you guys do know that you are comparing a martial arts movie star to a professional boxer, right? Granted this movie star was some great martial artist, whosaved damsels in distress, and fought chungs on hong kong roofs. But, still..this is iron mike tyson we're talking about, one of the greatest fightersever. How can you clowns give the title of greatest/most dominant fighter ever to someone, you (and most people for that matter), have never seen fight? Andreally, what makes bruce lee the greatest martial artist ever, even? What makes him better than jet li, or that guy in ong bak, for example? I don't getit. This is a prime example of the legend being greater than the man.

Okay look up Yokuse Ninshijima....

who?

Look him up...
I looked him up....but what am I lookin for?
His exploits as a boxer and a martial artist...

He was good as a boxer..

He dominated as a martial artist...
Im still not getting the point fam....seriously

He dominated as a martial artist though?

I don't know about that
laugh.gif

Just as you demonstrated a boxer in the MMA world losing I was attempting to demonstrate a boxer in the MMA world winning...

However yes he did lose, he has won his fair share...

Its not as simple as MA > Boxing...

Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.
As far as HW? Or in the grand scheme of boxing? I don't consider Jones JR. a HW let alone a great heavyweight...

Elaborate before I answer please..

that dudes name is EVANGELISTA CYBORG

easily the dopest name ive ever heard.

maybe with the exception of cruz gangstamonte. haha

Back
Top Bottom