Closed - New thread started

Carmichael Dave is apparently working on some "huge" project.... He even stopped doing his live podcast for this. Hopefully it's something if substance

I'm not sure, he's been pretty tight lipped about it. I think he'll be revealing it today or tomorrow tho

This is it.... cool idea, I'm sure its good to get Sacramento's side of the story out a little. 

Just going thru the NBA Season thread, or even the Seattle thread, the general sentiment is ignorance and lack of knowledge of what the current process is.

Hearing things like "Bring back the Sonics" or "the NBA can't screw Seattle again" or "Sacramento will be fine, they have the Warriors just 2 hours away", angers me. Because neither of those statements I've heard repeatedly are true.

Hopefully this will elevate Sacramento's side to the national stage.
This isn't going to save this team. It may not even make a huge difference. But it's all we have left to give. To spend EVERY MOMENT trying.
— Carmichael Dave (@CarmichaelDave) March 18, 2013
The city of Sacramento knows what the issues are, and they know what they have to do. There are great people here to lead the way.
BUT- I think the rest of the country needs an education :smile:
I am so proud and honored to announce #projectzero will now be known as "The Playing To Win Tour", a 30-day, multi- city tour beginning now.
Tomorrow, we will begin a regional tour. You will see us locally in the AM on NBC, ABC, FOX, and hear us on KFBK amongst others.
Just before the game at 7, we will go to City Hall,I will speak briefly, and then head to Oakland for the first leg. Here's the good part-
We are bringing a film crew, and will be documenting our efforts in the form of "reality show" episodes broadcast on the site back home.
There is so much more. Go to PlayingToWinTour.com for further details. Site is still building, but you'll get the idea.
We will most likely cover 20+ cities.We will meet the Mayor in Manhattan April 3rd,and present him with a banner of support from the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakland, CA

Los Angeles, CA

Phoenix, AZ

Salt Lake City, UT

Minneapolis, MN

Oklahoma City, OK

San Antonio, TX

Miami, FL

Washington, DC

Indianapolis, IN

Boston, MA

Manhattan, NY
He really is hitting up everywhere, damn

Last edited by a moderator:
So CarmichaelDave plans on touring (scheduled) 12 cities in basically 20+ days? I admire him for his insanity because that has to be absolutely draining to come up with that kind of effort.

This awesome, Carmichael Dave is basically saying "If the national media isn't going to come to dig and cover Sacramento's side of the story, **** it I'll bring it to the nation"

nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

This awesome, Carmichael Dave is basically saying "If the national media isn't going to come to dig and cover Sacramento's side of the story, **** it I'll bring it to the nation"

:nthat:
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Would have been nice to have social media around back in 2007-2008 (at least, to a larger degree). Nobody talked about the Sonics situation. ESPN never covered it, except for Bill Simmons (his editor was from Seattle) and random SC shoutouts from Neil Everett (NW guy). Then, when it came time to move, every sportswriter got all misty eyed and spoke about how sad it was the Sonics were leaving....except they never bothered to talk about it before it happened. Hell, it got to the point where the story actually seemed to be suppressed by media outlets.

Be glad you at least have people trying to tell the story before anything happens, rather than long after the fact (Sonicsgate).

nthat.gif
nthat.gif

nthat.gif

nthat.gif

nthat.gif
Would have been nice to have social media around back in 2007-2008 (at least, to a larger degree). Nobody talked about the Sonics situation. ESPN never covered it, except for Bill Simmons (his editor was from Seattle) and random SC shoutouts from Neil Everett (NW guy). Then, when it came time to move, every sportswriter got all misty eyed and spoke about how sad it was the Sonics were leaving....except they never bothered to talk about it before it happened. Hell, it got to the point where the story actually seemed to be suppressed by media outlets.

Be glad you at least have people trying to tell the story before anything happens, rather than long after the fact (Sonicsgate).
This is definitely true. The HereWe_______ grassroots movements starting in 2011 would have been nothing without the advent of social media. 

Oakland, CA

Los Angeles, CA

Phoenix, AZ

Salt Lake City, UT

Minneapolis, MN

Oklahoma City, OK

San Antonio, TX

Miami, FL

Washington, DC

Indianapolis, IN

Boston, MA

Manhattan, NY
Notice how they're hitting most of the small markets too. I couldn't be prouder to be a Kings fan right now. I don't see how you don't get at least 8 small market owners not to side with this seeing as they could be in the same predicament in the future.

Oakland, CA

Los Angeles, CA

Phoenix, AZ

Salt Lake City, UT

Minneapolis, MN

Oklahoma City, OK

San Antonio, TX

Miami, FL

Washington, DC

Indianapolis, IN

Boston, MA

Manhattan, NY
Notice how they're hitting most of the small markets too. I couldn't be prouder to be a Kings fan right now. I don't see how you don't get at least 8 small market owners not to side with this seeing as they could be in the same predicament in the future.
Phoenix, SLC, Minneapolis, OKC, SA, Miami, Indy are the only small markets, which is 7 out of 12. Not bad!

Back
Top Bottom