Closed - New thread started

We haven't done anything? The only reason the Kings aren't in Anaheim are because of KJ and the local support. After tomorrow the Mayor and Sacramento will have come up with two seperate arena plans to keep the Kings here. That plus HereWeBuy and FANS/Crown Downtown, Sacramento has done a lot already.

Sacramento has done everything it's been asked to this point. But Mastrov does need to up his bid by a significant amount. If he had a couple more months id be okay with gradual bid raising. But we're down to a couple of weeks left so that has to improve quickly. The term sheet will get finalized, that I have no problem with.

We haven't done anything? The only reason the Kings aren't in Anaheim are because of KJ and the local support. After tomorrow the Mayor and Sacramento will have come up with two seperate arena plans to keep the Kings here. That plus HereWeBuy and FANS/Crown Downtown, Sacramento has done a lot already.
is this in response to what I said??? 
laugh.gif

because I did not say we haven't done anything.... I said we haven't done everything  yet, with the only thing needing to be done is city council approval (which will happen) and Mastrov upping his bid.

cmon man

Here are some (old I believe) renderings, but as David Taylor (developer) has said previously, renderings usually never actually come out like they do once built 
laugh.gif

but still, some nice eye candy!

Sam Amick- "as a Sacramento fan, the April 3rd meeting should be a slam dunk"

I think he meant in terms of KJ's presentation and Mastrov's offer... but still, solid news 
happy.gif

How the hell does that happen? Is he with Mastrov or did he just come out of the blue?
He is joining Mastrov
At USAT:New character emerges in Kings saga,as Warriors minority owner Vivek Ranadive takes lead role in Sacto bid- usat.ly/WXJfae
— Sam Amick (@sam_amick) March 21, 2013
Ranadive is listed as the vice chairman of GSW ownership group--No. 3 on totem pole. Significant player here.
— Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) March 21, 2013
Warriors co-owner Vivek Ranadive joining in on group vying to keep Kings in Sacramento, source tells Y! Sports.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) March 21, 2013

I'm confused. Is he selling his minority ownership of GSW to become a majority owner of the Kings? What percentage would he own with Mastrov? If he is selling, how much of GSW does he currently own?

I'm confused. Is he selling his minority ownership of GSW to become a majority owner of the Kings? What percentage would he own with Mastrov? If he is selling, how much of GSW does he currently own?
He will have to sell any ownership of the GSW. I'm assuming he'd take the majority ownership or he'd just join the limited ownership group with Mastrov/Burkle and making it one giant piece of ownership.

peep his twitter.... this is HUGE

https://twitter.com/Vivek

I was under the assumption Mastrov wanted to own the majority. But I guess whatever it takes to keep the team here I'm on board for. Was he added on because Mastrov didn't want to make that significant bid raise alone or because he couldn't?

I was under the assumption Mastrov wanted to own the majority. But I guess whatever it takes to keep the team here I'm on board for. Was he added on because Mastrov didn't want to make that significant bid raise alone or because he couldn't?
No word on that just yet, but probably just to get help. With Burkle focusing most of his resources on the arena development, he probably couldn't help Burkle much on the bid.

You can never have enough whales tho!

Mastrov would still be the primary owner right? Ranadive would probably have a bigger percentage with the Kings than the warriors.

Like I said, I'm all for whatever keeps the team in town. I'm just surprised to see a third bidder. It kinda makes me feel like Mastrov wasn't the whale KJ said he is, more like a baby beluga.

Like I said, I'm all for whatever keeps the team in town. I'm just surprised to see a third bidder. It kinda makes me feel like Mastrov wasn't the whale KJ said he is, more like a baby beluga.
He's not a 3rd bidder, he is combining forces with Mastrov/Burkle but taking the lead of that ownership bid, its good that Mastrov and Burkle are accepting them.

He is a 3rd investor tho.

think of it as a megazord if you will, with all 3 of these guys + KJ +22 local investors combining 
happy.gif

this also has to be good right??
Apparently new prospective #SacKings owner Vivek Ranadive is a friend of Ted Leonsis, who just so happens to be on NBA relocation committee.
— Jonathan Santiago (@itsjonsantiago) March 21, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's all part of the plan, then it must be going really well.

Megazord
laugh.gif
Carmichael Dave did tease the hell out of this an hour or so before news broke, he was telling people to get ready to google and keep refreshing twitter 
laugh.gif

And he did claim this is all part of a bigger plan leading up to the BoG meeting.... but it feels like half the time he blows smoke out his *** 
laugh.gif

Source with intimate knowledge of the #Kings situation says "things are moving fast and looking very good for Sacramento."
— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) March 21, 2013
RT @blakeellington: San Jose Merc and Wall Street Journal agree Ranadive may be the Most Interesting Man in the World articles.marketwatch.com/2012-04-13/com…
— Ryan Lillis (@Ryan_Lillis) March 21, 2013
Suck on the Nets owner!! (I forgot his name)

Stern/NBA has to be loving the fact that Ranadive could help expand into India
RT @tonybizjak: And this: Ranadive coached his daughter's little league basketball team to the national championships ow.ly/jiOyH
— Ryan Lillis (@Ryan_Lillis) March 21, 2013
I actually remember reading article a few years ago!

This is probably why there's a hang up. I'm sure it shouldn't be a big deal, just more private money to help with non arena development!
Source: Ranadive/Burkle/Mastrov now all investing on team side and arena side.
— stevelarge_cbs13 (@largesteven) March 21, 2013
thankfully this isn't a last minute thing either!
Source: Ranadive has been in negotiations for weeks. Not just now joining burkle/mastrov group. Would have appeared on term sheet 2day
— stevelarge_cbs13 (@largesteven) March 21, 2013

Back
Top Bottom