Closed - New thread started

Why didn't KJ drop his name as a bombshell at the State of the City Address? Not that it matters but I like to be informed of everything that's going on with the Kings.

Thanks for the updates though, RCK. Keep it coming :smokin

Probably just because nothing was finalized with Vivek's involvement just yet, just a guess.

(@CarmichaelDave) tweeted at 8:53 PM on Thu, Mar 21, 2013:
. @Vivek wrote a book about having the best information at the RIGHT time. David Stern wrote the foreword.

You can't make that stuff up.
I tried looking this up, but couldn't find anything on the forward. Any evidence this is actually true? If so, this is another HUGE notch in the Kings belt when added to the Maloofs slight of Stern's deal last year.

^ I've seen a bunch of journalists on twitter mention that. So it wouldn't be that far fetched :pimp:

Still, the city needs to get that term sheet in... I'd be a little weary if they need to push back the city council vote till April 2. Hopefully they get it out today...

[salty]Meh. Call me when they make the Ps[/salty]

Seriously though I hope this arena goes in at K St mall. It'll bring downtown back. The Mayor is doing a great job.

Seriously though I hope this arena goes in at K St mall. It'll bring downtown back. The Mayor is doing a great job.
It'd bring it back in a way I think none of us could even imagine.

Hell, my parent's are typical Placer county, Tea Party folks (the idiots who are mainly PORK and against this project) and after talking to them for a bit about the downtown arena, they are all on board for it and see the potential, growth, and enrichment of the Sacramento area/region. 

Its not the arena thats going to bring in tax dollars, it'll be the businesses that build and grow around it or the already existing businesses that will gain even more patronage with the support of a complex that will bring in a major attraction 200+ times a year throughout the year, not just during the NBA season (and hopefully the playoffs soon 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
). And those existing business will put the profit right back in to the community for more growth and expansion, and hopefully someday Sacramento can be considered a destination city or at the very least a major city, not just a small government town.

And while all that is happening, the influx of spending and economic inflow will only rake in more tax dollars for parks, school, police, ******g community pools, or just anything that the nay-sayers want rather than building this downtown arena.

Those people need to take off those blinders and look forward.

I have some older friends who were born and raised in LA and they said pre-Staples Center, Sacramento right now is more lively right now already (all things considered) than LA was. So just imagine what a development led by Burkle will do 
nthat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
They're for sure going to have to build parking.

And in unrelated news, there are actually two mid-rises in the works to be built. Hopefully more of these will pop up once the catalyst is built, and thus solving the sticking out like a sore thumb problem 
laugh.gif

Traffic is going to be so bad, unless there's no garage.
There's a similar situation here with the Honda Center in Anaheim. There isn't nearly enough parking to accomodate the arena, so local businesses open their parking lots for games, and there is Anaheim Stadium across the freeway too similar to Raley Field.

I agree though, it does stick out pretty bad in that place. But it's better than nothing. Hopefully, over the next 30 years while this arena is being utilized, they can clean up the rail yard so they can create a better environment for an LA Live type experience. Imagine, an entertainment center with a theater right there. Then you walk across the bridge to Raley field and other attractions in West Sac.
eek.gif
I'm still trying to comprehend why it's such a bad location. Does the soil really need to be that clean to build on it? Can't they just excavate it and bring in some new stuff?

The plan before the Magoofs backed out was not to have a garage. So I thought that was going to carry over to the arena plan.

Well considering that the plan they backed out of was at an entirely different site I think we can speculate that Burkle is in top of it here

RT @tonybizjak: And this: Ranadive coached his daughter's little league basketball team to the national championships ow.ly/jiOyH
— Ryan Lillis (@Ryan_Lillis) March 21, 2013
I actually remember reading article a few years ago!
Here's an article written by Malcolm Gladwell on his approach to his daughter's basketball team if anyone is interested. Warning: It's pretty long, but WELL worth it!

Fittingly enough, it's titled "How David Beats Goliath: How underdogs break the rules".

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/05/11/090511fa_fact_gladwell?currentPage=all

RT @tonybizjak: And this: Ranadive coached his daughter's little league basketball team to the national championships ow.ly/jiOyH
Here's an article written by Malcolm Gladwell on his approach to his daughter's basketball team if anyone is interested. Warning: It's pretty long, but WELL worth it!

Fittingly enough, it's titled "How David Beats Goliath: How underdogs break the rules".

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/05/11/090511fa_fact_gladwell?currentPage=all
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 I swear to God this is the article I read at the time! 

I think it was posted somewhere on NT

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 I swear to God this is the article I read at the time! 

I think it was posted somewhere on NT
It was probably me. I love posting these insanely obscure business/psychological articles in General.
laugh.gif

nthat.gif
 Today is a good day!
I’m pleased to announce an agreement w/ Burkle-Mastrov-Ranadive group on a public-private partnership to build a new ESC at DT Plaza Mall...
— Kevin Johnson (@KJ_MayorJohnson) March 23, 2013
Consistent w/our core tenets, the deal avoids new taxes, protects the City on the Kings loan, and ensures no net impact to the general fund…
For a comparable investment to the 2012 deal, we've secured more private investment & greater econ development potential at the new site…
The new ownership, historic in its reflection of our city's diversity, will invest up to $1B in Sac - a strong sign of confidence in our mkt
They will also make a 35-year commitment to keep the Sacramento Kings right here where they belong!....
Once again, we're proving the strength of our market – both as host to an NBA team, but as an emerging region with global potential…
With all that said...I'm pumped!!Ron B & I officially closed the deal a few mins ago - maybe this pic says it best! twitter.com/KJ_MayorJohnso…

these are legit quotes from one of the Sonics forums 
laugh.gif
 I don't understand why they want us to fail so badly 
ohwell.gif

Tired of KJ. He’s a pathetic politician who has played harder for this than he did in the NBA
I think mainly for me, I just wanted to see Sac fall flat on its face and see this thing end right now! If KJ had played this hard as a player, he’d have been a Michael Jordan or at least something close to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom