Barack Obama wins nobel peace prize

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by J Burner

I've got cash for anyone who can logically, and reasonably explain how Barack Obama has earned the Nobel Peace Prize. For 9 months his supporters have been saying nothing is Obama's fault, because he hasn't been in office long enough to make an impact, so we can't criticize him. And yet, somehow, he's been in office long enough to make such an impact that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. So from now on people, NO ONE is allowed to use the "he hasn't been in office long enough" excuse.

Good to see the majority so far is not buying it; seems most people are aware that Obama hasn't done anything. I mean, the SNL clip says it all...
QFBS. For 9 months his detractors have been saying everything is Obama's fault. His supporters have been saying sthu and stop crying. I suppose now it's his fault they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize?
grin.gif

HUH? Despite the fact that you barely made any sense, i'll respond anyway: For 9 months Obama's supporters have been saying "he hasn't beenin office long enough for us to criticize him, we can't expect him to do anyting in such a short amount of time..." You're telling me no one hassaid that? Get real.

So which is it? He hasn't been in office long enough to do anything, so stop criticizing him and judging him, becuase its too early. OR He's been inoffice long enough to do so much that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Pick one.

"Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim.

Ooohhhhwweeee thats some STRONG ETHER from the DNC

Why are people going in on Obama? They should be mad at those who voted for him. I bet no one knows who won the prior years to Obama.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Damn people are going HAM on my facebook right now...

Folks really hate him
smh.gif
You surprised. Man if Obama had clenched that Olympic bid last Friday and turned around and won this award today, "angry" would be a modest description of conservative feelings.

You mean they would be as "angry" as liberals were during Bush's administration? The door swings both ways buddy... I didn't like Bush either, but I find it extremely hypocritical that the left for 8 years did exactly what the right is doing now, yet now that role's have changed liberals act like its a crime to oppose Obama...
Eh...the amount of vitriol that is directed towards Obama now pales in comparison to GWB's 1st 4 yrs in office

The lack of political civility started with Clinton, then Bush, now back to Obama....ramping up in aggression and seething with anger with every Prez...whenwill it end?

How about the fact that as US President he has traveled the world advocating for nuclear disarmmament and giving speaches in Germany, in Cairo and at the U.N.on the advancement of world peace. He has used his place on the world stage for the purpose of making the entire world a better and safer place. People need tostop looking for specific accomplishments as the US President in order to justify his earning this award. If Al Gore can win this award, so should Pres. Obama.

I've got cash for anyone who can logically, and reasonably explain how Barack Obama has earned the Nobel Peace Prize. For 9 months his supporters have been saying nothing is Obama's fault, because he hasn't been in office long enough to make an impact, so we can't criticize him. And yet, somehow, he's been in office long enough to make such an impact that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. So from now on people, NO ONE is allowed to use the "he hasn't been in office long enough" excuse.

Good to see the majority so far is not buying it; seems most people are aware that Obama hasn't done anything. I mean, the SNL clip says it all...
QFBS. For 9 months his detractors have been saying everything is Obama's fault. His supporters have been saying sthu and stop crying. I suppose now it's his fault they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize?
grin.gif

HUH? Despite the fact that you barely made any sense, i'll respond anyway: For 9 months Obama's supporters have been saying "he hasn't been in office long enough for us to criticize him, we can't expect him to do anyting in such a short amount of time..." You're telling me no one has said that? Get real.

So which is it? He hasn't been in office long enough to do anything, so stop criticizing him and judging him, becuase its too early. OR He's been in office long enough to do so much that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Pick one.

QFT x
pimp.gif

"Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim.

Yea...because Democrats NEVER hate on a republican president.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Skip0011

just went on facebook and every facebook status is hating on it. kinda depressing
why is it that when we disagree with something its called "hating"
obama is giving his speech right now and even he said he doesnt deserve it... is he "hating" too?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

How about the fact that as US President he has traveled the world advocating for nuclear disarmmament and giving speaches in Germany, in Cairo and at the U.N. on the advancement of world peace. He has used his place on the world stage for the purpose of making the entire world a better and safer place. People need to stop looking for specific accomplishments as the US President in order to justify his earning this award. If Al Gore can win this award, so should Pres. Obama.
LOL, I couldnt have said it any better myself.

How about the fact that as US President he has traveled the world advocating for nuclear disarmmament and giving speaches in Germany, in Cairo and at the U.N. on the advancement of world peace. He has used his place on the world stage for the purpose of making the entire world a better and safer place. People need to stop looking for specific accomplishments as the US President in order to justify his earning this award. If Al Gore can win this award, so should Pres. Obama.

I think all of us should play more baseball. It's a really great game and it would really do great things for all of us socially and from a healthstandpoint.

You going to vote for me to be the MVP of the MLB this year? Oh, that's right, I didn't really DO anything....I just taked about what would be nice.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I would have preferred to see those, who are dissenters against authoritarian regimes, get the most recognition. However, there is no reason why President Obama should not win the award. It is obvious why the inetrnational community gave him the award after being President for less than a year, it was a vote against George W. Bush and the belief that he did not show enough respect to the UN and other international agencies.

In this respect, we should be happy that Barack Obama is in charge of our foreign policy because he is able to placate many of our allies and those in the UN on the strength of words and he has not had to give them very many tangible things to gain their favor. That is a skill that is good to see in someone who is our chief diplomat.

Well put.

grin.gif

HUH? Despite the fact that you barely made any sense, i'll respond anyway: For 9 months Obama's supporters have been saying "he hasn't been in office long enough for us to criticize him, we can't expect him to do anyting in such a short amount of time..." You're telling me no one has said that? Get real.

So which is it? He hasn't been in office long enough to do anything, so stop criticizing him and judging him, becuase its too early. OR He's been in office long enough to do so much that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Pick one.
No one says he's above criticism. Conservatives have been over-eager to lay blame on a president who they staunchly dislike. Simple as that.How is it logical to blame Obama's 9 month tenure for what was created by Bush's 8 year tenure? It's not. At no point during Bush's 8 year rundid this level of conservative disdain ever occur, and yet magically with the changing of the guard now everyone has something to say. It's really quitepathetic the level of partisanship and outright immaturity we've seen from conservatives. Cheering the Olympic loss...yeah that's something to be proudabout.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I think all of us should play more baseball. It's a really great game and it would really do great things for all of us socially and from a health standpoint.

You going to vote for me to be the MVP of the MLB this year? Oh, that's right, I didn't really DO anything....I just taked about what would be nice.

alright dude we get the MVP analogy

obviously the committee feels that he deserved the award based on things he's done AND thing's he's trying to do and wants to accomplish. If theyfelt he was the most deserving based on that I have no problem with that. I'm sure there's been past winners of the award who have won based on similarcircumstances.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

hes more of a celebrity than he is a president

Im sayin.
I really want to know what he did to deserve this cause I dont see it
and Im not "hatin". I voted for him....but in my eyes he hasnt done anything that other politicians ahead fo him have done

Originally Posted by zapatito007

im a big obama supporter ,, but i dont see how or why he won this, he basically won for having good ideas towards peace ,instead of taken action towards peace,, no hate congrats either way

yup and its nothing new he introduced, Scholars in IR have talked about this for a long time, Infact people on his staff are Stars in IR because of theyintroduced this theory Im happy he won, but i think the amount of backlash to come, is not worth him winning

Yea...because Democrats NEVER hate on a republican president.
ohwell.gif

Come on my dude(JBURNER) you know best not to criticize our beloved leader. you konw taht he deserves it for his 15 mins of fame in the senate.

past winners that havent done *%@

The prize was awarded to:

J[size=-1]IMMY[/size] C[size=-1]ARTER[/size] J[size=-1]R.[/size], former President of the United States of America,

for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic andsocial development

The prize was awarded to:

U[size=-1]NITED[/size] N[size=-1]ATIONS[/size], New York, NY, USA

K[size=-1]OFI[/size] A[size=-1]NNAN[/size], United Nations SecretaryGeneral (corruption to fullest)

The prize was awarded joinly to:

Y[size=-1]ASSER[/size] A[size=-1]RAFAT[/size] , Chairman of theExecutive Committee of the PLO, President of the Palestinian National Authority. (killed millions of peeps went to the negotiation table signed a peace treatyand went back to kill more peeps, yeah well deserved)
roll.gif

oh and the best one Al gore with his bs of global warming. oh wait its climate change crp.
roll.gif

Obama becoming president not only saved the Economy, he spared us from being attacked by the many countries who would have tested McCains gangsta, CongratsBarack, now legalize Weed and youll really see peace

Are people really this mad and upset that our President won the Nobel Peace Prize?? How un-american or un-patriotic can you be, just sad.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Are people really this mad and upset that our President won the Nobel Peace Prize?? How un-american or un-patriotic can you be, just sad.

not mad or salty just give it somebody who HAS really done something. seriously what a joke oh wait he got for redistributing our money to the poor
roll.gif

Are people really this mad and upset that our President won the Nobel Peace Prize?? How un-american or un-patriotic pathetic can you be, just sad.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Obama becoming president not only saved the Economy, he spared us from being attacked by the many countries who would have tested McCains gangsta, Congrats Barack, now legalize Weed and youll really see peace

WWHHATTT?!?!?!

laugh.gif
roll.gif

In all honesty, He shouldnt have won.

Sima Samar, women's rights activist in Afghanistan: "With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open inAfghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Talibanfell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women's Affairs."

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

"Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolesewomen and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence."

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: "These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up clusterbombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon."

"Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for'inciting subversion of state power.'"

"Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China's communist system. He now lives in the United States."

Originally Posted by elgrenas

not mad or salty just give it somebody who HAS really done something. seriously what a joke oh wait he got for redistributing our money to the poor
roll.gif

Unless you personally were one of the nominees or you know one of the nominees that were in contention I don't see how you can complain.

Back
Top Bottom