Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Because polarizing opinions get people talking. I believe that he isn't happy with them and cops them. To review and for the views. Those light and shadows are a must for me.

Heya guys, just wanted to let anyone know if they're buying the size? 25th anni gl iii's that the 3M one fits at least 1 size big.

I'm a 10.5 in the gl iii's and this one, sz 9 fits perfect. Not too snug just perfect..

I'm in Oz so got to try them on in store.

Additionally, 2 factory fresh sz 10's had deep dents in the upper so I'd be a bit wary with the QC on this run..
I find this evaluation slightly dubious.  I have a significant number of GL3, including the Size? Tsavourites and there is no way I could go down a full size, never mind 1.5 sizes!  I went down a half size, as I usually do with a leather liner, and I still think they are a bit too small.  

If you honestly think that 1.5 sizes down fits perfect, to me this implies that you arnt actually a 10.5 in GL3.

I would fully recommend others to go with their usual GL3 size in the Size? pairs, not to size down.

I do agree with your QC assessment though, I went through two pairs of Tsavourites before finding one I was happy with.

Last edited:

I find this evaluation slightly dubious.  I have a significant number of GL3, including the Size? Tsavourites and there is no way I could go down a full size, never mind 1.5 sizes!  I went down a half size, as I usually do with a leather liner, and I still think they are a bit too small.  

If you honestly think that 1.5 sizes down fits perfect, to me this implies that you arnt actually a 10.5 in GL3.

I would fully recommend others to go with their usual GL3 size in the Size? pairs, not to size down.

I do agree with your QC assessment though, I went through two pairs of Tsavourites before finding one I was happy with.
Sounds strange indeed.

Maybe it's just this run in Australia?

I've got the okayama denim, mitas, titolos & st alfreds in 10.5 and they fit perfect.

I'm a 10 in the v's & sights. Generally a 10 with the Nikes too.

I guess I should edit my statement to say "try before you buy sizing with the Tsavourites".

s/o to @mykoh  and his camera

just spent an inappropriate amount on a pair at StA's 
sick.gif

grad present to myself i guess 
laugh.gif

Sounds strange indeed.

Maybe it's just this run in Australia?

I've got the okayama denim, mitas, titolos & st alfreds in 10.5 and they fit perfect.

I'm a 10 in the v's & sights. Generally a 10 with the Nikes too.

I guess I should edit my statement to say "try before you buy sizing with the Tsavourites".
Haha we must just have totally different feet man.  To me the St Alfreds fit much bigger than the Tsavourites ( and all the other pairs youv mentioned apart from the okayama denim which I dont own).   

Stockist of Monkeytime x Asics GelLyte V "Light & Shadows" According to their site WW release will be May 9 but thats not the case, maybe on the 16 or 23?Let me know if this is posted already![emoji]128513[/emoji]
this retailer list is looking limited

Mismatch is generally a terrible idea, but on the Geminis they pulled it off because of the simple color choices. Cool concept, good materials, and overall a very wearable pair. Top 3 GLVs for me. 

Good move. Without a doubt the best 25th anniv gl3 so far

Heya guys, just wanted to let anyone know if they're buying the size? 25th anni gl iii's that the 3M one fits at least 1 size big.

I'm a 10.5 in the gl iii's and this one, sz 9 fits perfect. Not too snug just perfect..

Additionally, 2 factory fresh sz 10's had deep dents in the upper so I'd be a bit wary with the QC on this run..

edit:
PS. further to other's assessment, I'd actually like to change the statement to say if you can, try it on before you purchase.

I assess the fit of gl iii's by how wide the split tongue splits. So if they stay together, that's the fit I'm going for (in addition to comfort and snugness)
I ditto that on the sizing.   I am a 10.5 and normally buy 11 in GLIII.   Went with a 9.5 UK in the Iris and a 9 UK (had no choice) in the TSA and they fit identical in my opinion.   Got very lucky on this one.

s/o to @mykoh
 and his camera

just spent an inappropriate amount on a pair at StA's :x

grad present to myself i guess :lol:  

Lol glad to help my man. With the leather liner and insole they are really the comfiest GL3 I own, hope that amount wasn't too obscene though! Happy graduation btw!

edit:
PS. further to other's assessment, I'd actually like to change the statement to say if you can, try it on before you purchase.

I assess the fit of gl iii's by how wide the split tongue splits. So if they stay together, that's the fit I'm going for (in addition to comfort and snugness)
I would have to disagree. My pair fits exactly the same as all my pairs...St alfreds, BTP, GRs, etc. I was worried they would be large due to the leather liner but my pair is not. All of mine are sz12 and there is no way i could ever fit a 10.5. I dont assess the fit by the tongue tho like you do...I assess fit by shoe length and all around roomyness. Not sure whats going on here....

Last edited:
I really like these. I love my geminis more than most people do and the two shoes having flipped materials doesnt bother me. Also, the St. Alfred tiger stripes 
nthat.gif

Is this the Footpatrol 25th Anni collab???

Last edited:
I would have to disagree. My pair fits exactly the same as all my pairs...St alfreds, BTP, GRs, etc. I was worried they would be large due to the leather liner but my pair is not. All of mine are sz12 and there is no way i could ever fit a 10.5. I dont assess the fit by the tongue tho like you do...I assess fit by shoe length and all around roomyness. Not sure whats going on here....

I've got a very narrow foot so length is the only part of the shoe that I am concerned with, and I can confirm St. As, BTPs, Tsavorites, Grand Openings fit half down from my GR pairs. So I can confirm that leather liner = fits half big. At least for me.

I've got a very narrow foot so length is the only part of the shoe that I am concerned with, and I can confirm St. As, BTPs, Tsavorites, Grand Openings fit half down from my GR pairs. So I can confirm that leather liner = fits half big. At least for me.
I can see the .5  size difference on the leather lined pairs. Id say they are slightly more roomy i just didnt think it was a .5 size. either way i have a hard time understanding going 1.5 sizes down 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom