Is Nike no longer as cool as it used to be?

Peeped alot of silver Asics this weekend in NYC

1725861104038.png

ASICS killin. I got a pair yesterday. I see and feel why now.

Been thinking this yrs ago especially when retros went crazy late 2000s. Like y'all took over ten yrs to transition AM360 (2006) to vapor max (2017).

Vapormax is dead. Our thread died. The Vm1 was perfect. Every version after lost more people and enthusiasm. No more collabs either.. The laceless version was a disaster. The air bag change was a disaster. I want to say the price jumped from $180 to $210. Yuck.

Now all colorways sit and if we buy we wait for a sale

The fact is Lebron shoes ain’t sold close to Jordan and he’s the current leader. Eveything they have done since is cool with people who like the player but rarely cross past that. KDs might sellout you rarely see them on the street. No one cares about Giannis sneaker. Ja Morant shoe looks like something payless would make in 1997.

Then you also have athletes that simply don’t hold the status like some older gen guys. And not signing Curry was a huge mistake. Curry on Nike would have changed a ton.

Nike really messed up when its core designers on Nike basketball left for other endeavors, then tried to sued them for stealing intellectual property. The soul of Nike basketball died a few years ago and people / customers just move on.

I use to like Nike products but now I see Nike in a different light.

Last edited:
I always thought this was a huge mistake by Nike. Cutting ties with retail.

And also, not picking a lane has turned a lot of people towards brands that stick to their target audience. ON CLOUD sticks to what they know. Under armor has a specific audience.

Nike can’t decide if it wants to be Jean Paul Gaultier or all inclusive. Just pick one and make it the best.

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4792.jpeg
you mad they make sizes for bigger people? assuming you want the above models to get into the gym and lose weights, they need clothes to wear while doing so correct? Also the top girl isn't even fat.

Low top. Forefoot zoom. Engineered mesh. reinforced overlays. Rinse and repeat.

The innovation that made Nike ‘Nike’ disappeared a long, long time ago.

What’s wild is Kobe shoes had a purpose. He played soccer and wanted a lightweight low shoe because of some of the soccer strengths.

Not just Nike but Kobe stan athletes want to copy instead of making their own wave.

One thing about the first 23 or so Jordans, IT SET THE TONE. They didn’t copy they innovated.

Now with more shoes and competition it’s tougher and hey how much can anyone do to a shoe?

What’s also funny about all this is the old Nike Basketball shoes worked so well because they worked in your jeans just as they worked on the court.

Today I rarely if ever see any new nike basketball shoes worn with jeans and a fit. They like just for actual basketball lol

What’s also funny about all this is the old Nike Basketball shoes worked so well because they worked in your jeans just as they worked on the court.

Today I rarely if ever see any new nike basketball shoes worn with jeans and a fit. They like just for actual basketball lol

That’s mostly because the style shift culturally. Nothing to do with the design of the shoe themselves.

That’s mostly because the style shift culturally. Nothing to do with the design of the shoe themselves.

I agree on the shift but the designs also stink. Which is why the retros sells better than the new stuff.

You seen the Jordan 39? Brick city lol

I agree on the shift but the designs also stink. Which is why the retros sells better than the new stuff.

You seen the Jordan 39? Brick city lol

I mean yea I don’t disagree with the new Jordan’s. But to me Jordan’s died with the 23. That’s the very last one I recognize. I stopped wearing Js in 2009 personally outside of Jordan 1 lows so I go even further.

But I still wear Kobe’s casually as those are the last shoes I wore when I played balled before I had to give it up so it’s nostalgic to me. But outside of that yea I wear AM1s some flyknits and such. Nike designs have gotten lazy but style shifts are a big reason. Nike never really did dad shoes which are in now. But I can’t even get down with that style 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I do wear Pegasus but they are comfortable as hell for walking.

Back
Top Bottom