Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

Your beliefs about the questions you asked

Why do I first have to answer these questions for you to answer them? I'm not exactly following your rationale here. Could you please elaborate as to why?

If you're worried about offending me, don't be.

Last edited:

Your beliefs about the questions you asked

Why do I first have to answer these questions for you to answer them. I'm not exactly following your rationale here. Could you please elaborate as to why?
I said in the reply, I dont want to offend you

Whats your reasoning on why I need to answer your questions?...Because you asked first?
i hope you know that you can literally say anything to me and i wont be offended

trying not to offend people does not make for interesting conversation 

Whats your reasoning on why I need to answer your questions?...Because you asked first?

Don't worry about offending me, I'm well adjusted enough to handle other people's opinions. I will not take any offense, you have my word.

My reasoning is simply that I am curious. Your line of reasoning in this thread has made me wonder how you feel about these issues.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"2+2= gods will"
"No, it's 4."

That's not preaching non-beliefs, dude.

And yes, that's a large portion of what happens.

And why? I can't answer for others, but my reasoning is that I think religion is the single most destructive thing mankind has ever created.

You know darn well that was an sarcastic answer to an sarcastic question

Believing in God doesn't absolve the believer in having common sense

Don't worry about offending me, I'm well adjusted enough to handle other people's opinions. I will not take any offense, you have my word.

My reasoning is simply that I am curious. Your line of reasoning in this thread has made me wonder how you feel about these issues.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly Im still scared to offend you.....I'm curious about your thoughts on your questions first

I don't know why you wont answer your own questions?

Honestly Im still scared to offend you.....I'm curious about your thoughts on your questions first

I don't know why you wont answer your own questions?

I don't want my answers to influence yours.

And honestly, my answers are immaterial to the ongoing discussion. It was your rationale that led me to ask these questions, so what use is my input right now?

I'm just trying to clear the table. Get some stone cold answers.

Get some closure in this discussion. I'm sure your wife would appreciate that, no?

Again, I am not going to be offended.

Last edited:
Oh gosh what? Please don't be threatened, I am sincerely curious.

Here are my questions again.

mister friendly mister friendly

Do you think that atheists are amoral or of lower moral fiber than theists?

What about agnostics? Are they of lower moral fiber than theists?

What about polytheists? Are they of lower moral fiber than theists?

Also are all theists on par in terms of morality? Are Christians more moral than Jews, or Muslims for that matter?

Sincerely interested in your answers. If you're not sure, what do you suspect is the case in each of these scenarios? Surely one cannot be totally unsure of where he stands on these matters.

Please, don't answer my questions with a question. You're welcome to ask me questions, I will answer your questions directly, all I ask is that you do not answer my questions with a question.

Also nontheistic religions, such as buddhism. Are they amoral? Of less moral fiber than theists?

Again, I am intrigued to know what you think. You've grabbed my attention.

Last edited:
This thread, according to my page settings, has reached 30 pages now.

I think you've had ample time to ruminate on some of these matters.

I think the time for circular questioning is over. There is no point to engage in such a debate if you're worried about offending others.

Most of here are adults, and have more than enough life experience to take other's opinions in stride.

All I ask is that you provide straightforward questions. No more circular questioning, "how do you feel about that?", this isn't a therapy session. This is a debate. I say that with all due respect. I just feel that you're being purposefully ambiguous when in actuality you have an opinion, but you're not being entirely forthright about it.

Oh gosh you wont answer your questions

I never said I wouldn't but again, this isn't a therapy session.

If I wanted someone to sit there and ask me how I feel about these issues I'm seeking answers for, I'd hire a shrink.

They can charge me $300 an hour and ask me all the circular questions they want until my heart, and their wallet, is content.

This is a debate. I said in the first post, I'll happily answer your questions, just please do not answer mine with a question.

The onus is on you my friend, you set this table. You led me to ask these questions. It was your posts in this thread that brought me to these questions.

Last edited:
You just said you are sincerely interested in my answers but now its a debate....Im confused

You set your own table buddy...I led you to ask these questions? What?

Last edited:
You just said you are sincerely interested about my answers but now its a debate....Im confused

Right, why is that confusing exactly?

Two sides of a debate aren't necessarily disinterested in the other's stance.

On the contrary, the best debates are between two sides who come armed with conviction in their stance but are objective enough to be open-minded about the other's.

Surely classical Greek philosophers were ardent in their presentations of belief, but reveled the opportunity to hear the opinion's of their contemporaries.

Last edited:
You just said you are sincerely interested about my answers but now its a debate....Im confused

Right, why is that confusing exactly?

Two sides of a debate aren't necessarily disinterested in the other's stance.

On the contrary, the best debates are between two sides who come armed with conviction in their stance but are objective enough to be open-minded about the other's.

Where have I said this is a debate?

Those are your words

we already know how he would answer the questions

he thinks christians are of higher moral fiber than atheists

but he doesnt want to offend us 
laugh.gif

but he doesnt want to offend us :lol:  

What? :lol:

I've never come close to saying that

Anytime you answer a question, you need to know your audience

Where have I said this is a debate?

Those are your words

It seemed like a debate. Upon reading the thread.

Is it not?

Again, I'm just sincerely interested in your answers.

And I will happily answer any of your own questions.

I just wanted some closure to what seemed like an open discussion or debate. Not that I myself am a debater.

Why is that?

You're not running for office here. You don't have to craft your answers in any way that you wouldn't do so under normal circumstances.

For fear of losing track, here I will once again post the questions.

Do you think that atheists are amoral or of lower moral fiber than theists?

What about agnostics? Are they of lower moral fiber than theists?

What about polytheists? Are they of lower moral fiber than theists?

Also are all theists on par in terms of morality? Are Christians more moral than Jews, or Muslims for that matter?

Also nontheistic religions, such as buddhism. Are they amoral? Of less moral fiber than theists?

I am eager to hear your answers mister friendly mister friendly .

but he doesnt want to offend us :lol:  

what? i have never come close to saying that =/= what? i dont think that way at all 

If we have no idea of what Stalin thought...you have no idea about the way I think :wink:

Back
Top Bottom