Are whites racially oppressed? A CNN Article.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

I'm just confused. The reason whites are failing is because they feel so bad for the things they did. They want diversity. So they give blacks, hispanics and asians more advantages in society. The oppression of whites is happening in their own circle.

LOL these said "advantages" have benefitted some but the stats don't lie a huge gap still exists between whites and minorities in education, healthcare and the corporate world. People are acting like most black people are chilling on yachts flossing and grinding on hot white women.

Which is why we need to get together and get the suits to change their ways.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

I'm just confused. The reason whites are failing is because they feel so bad for the things they did. They want diversity. So they give blacks, hispanics and asians more advantages in society. The oppression of whites is happening in their own circle.

LOL these said "advantages" have benefitted some but the stats don't lie a huge gap still exists between whites and minorities in education, healthcare and the corporate world. People are acting like most black people are chilling on yachts flossing and grinding on hot white women.

Which is why we need to get together and get the suits to change their ways.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Honestly, if I were white, I think I would be pissed off at the idea of minorities given things simply because they are minorities. Understandably so, since this nation was created with white in mind. But if I was qualified for a position/scholarship and a minority was given my spot for the sake of Affirmative Action/QUota, I would be pissed.

Just trying to look at it from another POV.

Don't Uncle Tom me. Just trying to offer a different perspective.
No Uncle Tom there. It's a grey area in my opinion, less grey with a job than with a scholarship. When it comes to a situation when everyone that's in the running for a position/scholarship is qualified to the fullest, there's also a lot of intangibles involved than simply race.

Honestly, if I were white, I think I would be pissed off at the idea of minorities given things simply because they are minorities. Understandably so, since this nation was created with white in mind. But if I was qualified for a position/scholarship and a minority was given my spot for the sake of Affirmative Action/QUota, I would be pissed.

No Uncle Tom there. It's a grey area in my opinion, less grey with a job than with a scholarship. When it comes to a situation when everyone that's in the running for a position/scholarship is qualified to the fullest, there's also a lot of intangibles involved than simply race.

lol so theres a position for 9 whites and one minority. The white that didnt get it is mad at the 9 minorities, who are the blacks that didn't get it supposed to be angry at?
nerd.gif

lol so theres a position for 9 whites and one minority. The white that didnt get it is mad at the 9 minorities, who are the blacks that didn't get it supposed to be angry at?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

segregated.jpg

~60 yrs ago this was still tolerated....there are people still alive today who supported this crap.

racial oppression of whites?...comical
it's just that the status quo of their privilege is eroding...and they're realizing it.
but for those who claim racial oppression...instead of acknowledging it as privilege...they see it as "losing their country"

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

segregated.jpg

~60 yrs ago this was still tolerated....there are people still alive today who supported this crap.

racial oppression of whites?...comical
it's just that the status quo of their privilege is eroding...and they're realizing it.
but for those who claim racial oppression...instead of acknowledging it as privilege...they see it as "losing their country"

I was flabbergasted when they mentioned 'whiteness studies' coming to be in some colleges. As if whiteness isn't studied enough from K-12. SMFH.

I was flabbergasted when they mentioned 'whiteness studies' coming to be in some colleges. As if whiteness isn't studied enough from K-12. SMFH.

ok im stupid right?

can anyone name the owners and CEOs of hmm lets say the top 5: music companies, entertainment companies, news networks? 
Its ok. I'll wait.

Zuckerberg. Maloof. ring any bells. come on now.

whites only have a voice nowadays. people(and by people i mean jobs and related things) give black people more cause they think they will get brownie points from God and Country for helping a negro out as repayment for being mean all those years. and also they want everyone to know for sure that they are not racist. they love black people. look how many i hired.

Im not saying stop....lol.

whites raised the bar so high for themselves that in order for them to be a success they have to do some crazy %!#*.
white millionaire = so what.
black millionaire = Oprah interview, book tour, dinner with Obama and Beyonce.

its messed up cause the generation of today has to pay for the mistakes of the generation of the past.

ok im stupid right?

can anyone name the owners and CEOs of hmm lets say the top 5: music companies, entertainment companies, news networks? 
Its ok. I'll wait.

Zuckerberg. Maloof. ring any bells. come on now.

whites only have a voice nowadays. people(and by people i mean jobs and related things) give black people more cause they think they will get brownie points from God and Country for helping a negro out as repayment for being mean all those years. and also they want everyone to know for sure that they are not racist. they love black people. look how many i hired.

Im not saying stop....lol.

whites raised the bar so high for themselves that in order for them to be a success they have to do some crazy %!#*.
white millionaire = so what.
black millionaire = Oprah interview, book tour, dinner with Obama and Beyonce.

its messed up cause the generation of today has to pay for the mistakes of the generation of the past.

Race is only a part of the class struggle, although it plays a key role. Slavery created a standard illusion for whites, exploited for their labor, they were coerced into believing they were free in America on the basis of the institution of slavery in the south. White people have real gripes, and ironically its the same gripes that minorities have, the sooner white people realize that they are the victims of their own Eurocentric culture we'll make some collective progress.

Race is only a part of the class struggle, although it plays a key role. Slavery created a standard illusion for whites, exploited for their labor, they were coerced into believing they were free in America on the basis of the institution of slavery in the south. White people have real gripes, and ironically its the same gripes that minorities have, the sooner white people realize that they are the victims of their own Eurocentric culture we'll make some collective progress.

If Whites are losing, then who's winning? Because I ain't winning.

Spoiler [+]
No Charlie Sheen
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom