Are whites racially oppressed? A CNN Article.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I saw that article and it's absolutely ludicrous. Whites still make up the MAJORITY of the population. How the hell would a group that is part of the majority and that makes up most of the power ,by a large margin, be racially oppressed???????
I was shaking my damn head the whole time I was reading this.  Then all I can do is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  And the WTH is "Whiteness Studies"??? Not sure if they're srs.  What the hell is in that class?

This article
tired.gif
I know
30t6p3b.gif

It's like that whole "reverse racism" crap that they were pushing a few years back

posting for later
30t6p3b.gif
and lolz. but my initial read of this article, well the title itself blows my mind
sick.gif

this may turn into NT's first heavy race thread of 2011. 20+pages.

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The middle class doesn't watch Fox News, so y'all need to stop lumping all white people in with them.

Yes they do. Along with cnn, msnbc and everything else under the sun.

The hell is the matter with you? 

Then why did the middle class vote for Obama.

Originally Posted by BigUglyAmerican

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The middle class doesn't watch Fox News, so y'all need to stop lumping all white people in with them.

Yes they do. Along with cnn, msnbc and everything else under the sun.

The hell is the matter with you? 

Then why did the middle class vote for Obama.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Whiteness studies? Oh, they mean K-12.

word, they're like children I guess they need more of a reason to feel special. It's pretty petty. They're really gonna front like most of our curriculum isn't Eurocentric. FOOLS.

By they I'm not generalizing white people, I mean ignorant one who buy into this nonsense.
How do you know the Whitness Studies are favorable to white people? Just checked a professor's website and Tim Wise has a prominent section...

why can't people realize that they perpetuate racism?

because every one feels sorry for themselves.

i'm human if that matters.

word, they're like children I guess they need more of a reason to feel special. It's pretty petty. They're really gonna front like most of our curriculum isn't Eurocentric. FOOLS.

By they I'm not generalizing white people, I mean ignorant one who buy into this nonsense.
How do you know the Whitness Studies are favorable to white people? Just checked a professor's website and Tim Wise has a prominent section...

why can't people realize that they perpetuate racism?

because every one feels sorry for themselves.

i'm human if that matters.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I didn't say anything about it being "favorable" to white people, I'm just tired of certain white people complaining about how their heritage gets no recognition. Are they f**king kidding me. Most of the curriculum in schools in this country from k to 12, like niketalker pointed out is Eurocentric w/ one of two classes focused on world cultures/black culture thrown in.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I didn't say anything about it being "favorable" to white people, I'm just tired of certain white people complaining about how their heritage gets no recognition. Are they f**king kidding me. Most of the curriculum in schools in this country from k to 12, like niketalker pointed out is Eurocentric w/ one of two classes focused on world cultures/black culture thrown in.

country was built on white privileges, but now black its ridiculous. Blacks get into the best colleges even if they work as hard as the rest of the world. Its stupid.

country was built on white privileges, but now black its ridiculous. Blacks get into the best colleges even if they work as hard as the rest of the world. Its stupid.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Oppressed? hell no...
Discriminated against by many minority individuals? yes... (notice i said Individuals rather than group)

for example the term "white boy" pisses me the @#$% off..."look at him, he's such a white boy 
30t6p3b.gif
" is something i hear/see everyday. I know some people do this because they're lashing back at discrimination they themselves faced, but still...
I agree with this statement. Black people are always trying to preach lets end racism and this and that yet many individuals say stuff like white boy or whatever other remark there is to call a white guy. I understand that you may be upset at being victims of discrimination or racism but your not helping anything if you yourself say racial remarks. Be the bigger man and just walk away, i never let any remarks towards me get to me personally. I just tell myself this guy is uneducated and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I'm not about to get into a fight due to someone talking %+*! to me, i have nothing to prove to anyone by kicking some random dudes %%%, your just fueling there fire by lashing back.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Oppressed? hell no...
Discriminated against by many minority individuals? yes... (notice i said Individuals rather than group)

for example the term "white boy" pisses me the @#$% off..."look at him, he's such a white boy 
30t6p3b.gif
" is something i hear/see everyday. I know some people do this because they're lashing back at discrimination they themselves faced, but still...
I agree with this statement. Black people are always trying to preach lets end racism and this and that yet many individuals say stuff like white boy or whatever other remark there is to call a white guy. I understand that you may be upset at being victims of discrimination or racism but your not helping anything if you yourself say racial remarks. Be the bigger man and just walk away, i never let any remarks towards me get to me personally. I just tell myself this guy is uneducated and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I'm not about to get into a fight due to someone talking %+*! to me, i have nothing to prove to anyone by kicking some random dudes %%%, your just fueling there fire by lashing back.

Back
Top Bottom