Are whites racially oppressed? A CNN Article.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

As long as we keep addressing the fact that one person is white, and the other is another color, there will ALWAYS be racism. The only racial equality that should exist is human racial equality.
agreed
a majority of "racism" and prejudice is just human nature and it's not going to go anywhere if we continue to perpetuate it.

As long as we keep addressing the fact that one person is white, and the other is another color, there will ALWAYS be racism. The only racial equality that should exist is human racial equality.
agreed
a majority of "racism" and prejudice is just human nature and it's not going to go anywhere if we continue to perpetuate it.

Oppressed? hell no...
Discriminated against by many minority individuals? yes... (notice i said Individuals rather than group)

for example the term "white boy" pisses me the @#$% off..."look at him, he's such a white boy 
30t6p3b.gif
" is something i hear/see everyday. I know some people do this because they're lashing back at discrimination they themselves faced, but still...

Oppressed? hell no...
Discriminated against by many minority individuals? yes... (notice i said Individuals rather than group)

for example the term "white boy" pisses me the @#$% off..."look at him, he's such a white boy 
30t6p3b.gif
" is something i hear/see everyday. I know some people do this because they're lashing back at discrimination they themselves faced, but still...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

It's like that whole "reverse racism" crap that they were pushing a few years back
"They're the victims of it every day. Anything a white conservative does that a liberal doesn't like is called racism."
roll.gif
roll.gif

Because at least 90% of them are 'closet' racist comments. 
ignorance and indifference shouldn't be viewed as racism #though
Ignorance contributes to racism.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

It's like that whole "reverse racism" crap that they were pushing a few years back
"They're the victims of it every day. Anything a white conservative does that a liberal doesn't like is called racism."
roll.gif
roll.gif

Because at least 90% of them are 'closet' racist comments. 
ignorance and indifference shouldn't be viewed as racism #though

a joke, but some white people do get taken advantage of and if you don't see it then you should look closer, but they still need to stop *****in

a joke, but some white people do get taken advantage of and if you don't see it then you should look closer, but they still need to stop *****in

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Oppressed? hell no...

30t6p3b.gif
or when the same people that say the N word is off limits use the "W" variation 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

ok, it's still not the same thing and it's irresponsible to think otherwise.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Oppressed? hell no...

30t6p3b.gif
or when the same people that say the N word is off limits use the "W" variation 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

ok, it's still not the same thing and it's irresponsible to think otherwise.

As a majority, no. As a race, HECKKKKK NO. However, many are discriminated against as a result of economic stratifications. Either way though, white privilege prevails.

As a majority, no. As a race, HECKKKKK NO. However, many are discriminated against as a result of economic stratifications. Either way though, white privilege prevails.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The middle class doesn't watch Fox News, so y'all need to stop lumping all white people in with them.

Yes they do. Along with cnn, msnbc and everything else under the sun.

The hell is the matter with you? 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The middle class doesn't watch Fox News, so y'all need to stop lumping all white people in with them.

Yes they do. Along with cnn, msnbc and everything else under the sun.

The hell is the matter with you? 

Only when picking teams for basketball.
But usually the white kid has a mean jumper or cross so everyone starts calling him Kyle Krover or White Chocolate

Only when picking teams for basketball.
But usually the white kid has a mean jumper or cross so everyone starts calling him Kyle Krover or White Chocolate

boo !+**%$# hoo

Yea.

boo !+**%$# hoo

Yea.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Whiteness studies? Oh, they mean K-12.

word, they're like children I guess they need more of a reason to feel special. It's pretty petty. They're really gonna front like most of our curriculum isn't Eurocentric. FOOLS.

By they I'm not generalizing white people, I mean ignorant one who buy into this nonsense.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Whiteness studies? Oh, they mean K-12.

word, they're like children I guess they need more of a reason to feel special. It's pretty petty. They're really gonna front like most of our curriculum isn't Eurocentric. FOOLS.

By they I'm not generalizing white people, I mean ignorant one who buy into this nonsense.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I saw that article and it's absolutely ludicrous. Whites still make up the MAJORITY of the population. How the hell would a group that is part of the majority and that makes up most of the power ,by a large margin, be racially oppressed???????
I was shaking my damn head the whole time I was reading this.  Then all I can do is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.  And the WTH is "Whiteness Studies"??? Not sure if they're srs.  What the hell is in that class?

This article
tired.gif
I know
30t6p3b.gif

posting for later
30t6p3b.gif
and lolz. but my initial read of this article, well the title itself blows my mind
sick.gif

this may turn into NT's first heavy race thread of 2011. 20+pages.

Back
Top Bottom