Americans Are Fat AF

Not surprised. People back in the colonial days just fried stuff in pig fat. This country has always been unhealthy lol

I remember someone telling me that we were only born craving breast milk. That sparked something in me, and ever since I have been eating clean. I cut out candy completely (My biggest weakness) And my body changed physically and definitely emotionally, feel better, sleep better. Used to HAVE to take a nap after work, not any more.

Sad part is I was never big to begin with, I can't imagine these people walking around 50-100 lbs overweight.

You make it sound so simple.

I have come across countless single-parent households where the parent works 12+ hours and the kids are essentially raising themselves.

They are usually in survival mode.

Be careful with the, "So simple" pictures you are painting man. It isn't that simple for many.

Ummm...a lot kids learn to cook at 11,12, 13, etc. NOBODY puts a gun to people’s head, and says have 3,4,5 and 6+ kids over the course of time. Knowing you can’t feed them. Again, excuses dawg.

“I’m single, I got 4 kids, I don’t have time to cook.” Well, what do you have time for???? Again, it’s the same excuses over and over. Gotta start holding everyone accountable.

Last edited:
But back then they didn’t sit looking at a screen all day.

Exactly, they had less luxury but more outdoor and terrestrial skills. It’s the opposite nowadays. They actually made life easier for us. But people are so privileged and entitled that they feel that they don’t have to do any sort of fitness or be more aware of their health. If you’re trying, I have sympathy. But those who don’t put forth the effort, I don’t feel
bad at all.

Any of yall ever do a fast?

I fast once or twice a week. May drink water all day. Fasting once a week or every two weeks is vital. Think about it, in nature, some animals don’t have the luxury of being able to eat everyday. Especially carnivores who chase prey. Back in our primitive days, it was the same. Food wasn’t accessible like it is today. There were no markets or butcher shops. Fasting sort of puts you in that mode.

My daughter is in 7th grade and actually cooks every day before school with her best friend.

Random as hell. :lol:

She lives next door to her friend and they always chef something up. I try to throw her dad money since my daughter is over there eating all his food but he won’t take it.

Exactly, they had less luxury but more outdoor and terrestrial skills. It’s the opposite nowadays. They actually made life easier for us. But people are so privileged and entitled that they feel that they don’t have to do any sort of fitness or be more aware of their health. If you’re trying, I have sympathy. But those who don’t put forth the effort, I don’t feel
bad at all.

Yeah I don’t think people realize that. When you’re actually working hard you need more food. That’s why they would just eat straight up fat, for calories.

**** I even can tell a difference since I took a new job and I’ve always lifted and ate good. I’m just leaner now that I walk like 15k steps a day at work and I eat and lift the same still.

My daughter is in 7th grade and actually cooks every day before school with her best friend.

Random as hell. :lol:

She lives next door to her friend and they always chef something up. I try to throw her dad money since my daughter is over there eating all his food but he won’t take it.

Crock pot and steamer and you goooooood!

I’ve learned so many recipes on food network and YouTube. On master chef junior TV show, those kids be like 9-14 years old and they cook wayyyyyy better than me.

I be jealous man

Crock pot and steamer and you goooooood!

I’ve learned so many recipes on food network and YouTube. On master chef junior TV show, those kids be like 9-14 years old and they cook wayyyyyy better than me.

Man they are wild with it, my daughter and her friend just take leftovers and throw them in a quesadilla. :lol: like that sounds awful but do you.

They also love that show.

In case anyone's curious in Europe the biggest bag of chips I've seen is .33 lb's, the biggest soda to go cup from fast food places is 17 oz.
Candy packages are .22 lbs.

I don't buy the fast food excuse. Most fast food options have healthy (relatively) choices. People act like there aren't grilled chicken sandwiches and salads available for the same price as big mac+coke.

I mean even excluding fast food, I've lived off $10-15 a week back in college mostly off sliced bread and Turkey (I had more but spent it all on beer sadly) Granola bars/peanuts were the same price as a bag of chips. If I had a craving for soda, I could get a Sprite zero for the same price as a 250 cal Coke.

Let's not act like the typical fat person we see in public in the US is struggling to get by. Obesity in the US is largely due to lack of self control and discipline in the society. Fry everything, pour a gallon of grease on everything, drink a soda with everything, and don't work out on top of that=recipe for being obese

Last edited:
Bruh, this is the most millennial thing I ever heard. It is simple, you just have to try and do it.

I get not everyone has access to Whole Foods and other bougie stuff. I get people live in the hood with wack stores.

But for most people they are just straight up lazy. I’m not talking about this kid with no access to a grocery store and all he can get is chicken pot pies for 99 cents.
Cooking is easy as ****. I’ve taught myself how to make legit good food that I’d claim is restaurant grade just from reading cookbooks and the internet and watching chopped and guys grocery games.

I remember someone telling me that we were only born craving breast milk. That sparked something in me, and ever since I have been eating clean. I cut out candy completely (My biggest weakness) And my body changed physically and definitely emotionally, feel better, sleep better. Used to HAVE to take a nap after work, not any more.

Sad part is I was never big to begin with, I can't imagine these people walking around 50-100 lbs overweight.
i cut out refined processed sugar as well and I’ve never felt better

I think it goes back to bad lifestyle habits too though. I had cousins that were raised on unhealthy eating. So for them to change, their diet had to change, they had to educate themselves on new healthier food, they had to start denying food that they've eaten all of their lives, and most of all, they had to outright reject a part of their upbringing. We as humans can't just change our mindset on a dime, it takes time, initiative, and the right resources to start taking action. Also, it doesn't help when temptation is everywhere. I had friends that had literally work on their weight FOR YEARS. All this "all it takes is a little exercise and diet change" is short-sighted. It's a COMPLETE 90 degree turn-around for certain folks. On top of that, they patiently waiting to shed pounds little by little. It take self-control, dedication, and patience that a lot of people don't have in them, not to mention the constant ridicule by the general public. Like for me, I can go into the gym or a walk in a calm demeanor, while for people that are overweight, they have to constantly worry about their image, which in turn effects their psyche and may contribute to them discourage altogether.

If you're obese or conquered obesity, you can give proper insight and speak your knowledge. But for those of us that grew up eating healthy and had people look out for our eating habits, we should consider ourselves fortunate and we should be more sympathetic to those who grew up eating bad and had no control the food provided to them. To solve the problem, we have completely understand the circumstances first, then we create solutions.

Cooking is easy as ****. I’ve taught myself how to make legit good food that I’d claim is restaurant grade just from reading cookbooks and the internet and watching chopped and guys grocery games.
You be in the food thread?

I think it goes back to bad lifestyle habits too though. I had cousins that were raised on unhealthy eating. So for them to change, their diet had to change, they had to educate themselves on new healthier food, they had to start denying food that they've eaten all of their lives, and most of all, they had to outright reject a part of their upbringing. We as humans can't just change our mindset on a dime, it takes time, initiative, and the right resources to start taking action. Also, it doesn't help when temptation is everywhere. I had friends that had literally work on their weight FOR YEARS. All this "all it takes is a little exercise and diet change" is short-sighted. It's a COMPLETE 90 degree turn-around for certain folks. On top of that, they patiently waiting to shed pounds little by little. It take self-control, dedication, and patience that a lot of people don't have in them, not to mention the constant ridicule by the general public. Like for me, I can go into the gym or a walk in a calm demeanor, while for people that are overweight, they have to constantly worry about their image, which in turn effects their psyche and may contribute to them discourage altogether.

If you're obese or conquered obesity, you can give proper insight and speak your knowledge. But for those of us that grew up eating healthy and had people look out for our eating habits, we should consider ourselves fortunate and we should be more sympathetic to those who grew up eating bad and had no control the food provided to them. To solve the problem, we have completely understand the circumstances first, then we create solutions.
Good post. It's a lot of nobody is forcing them to eat rhetoric in here, when in truth, the issue lies in the middle of it being due to a wide variety of factors as well as personal responsibility

Just like every other activity, some people are into cooking, therefore.would put more effort into it, and others have no interests in it, and will put little to no effort into it. Everyone has different interests and natural abilities.

Let’s all pretend that we’re epidemiologists and use our non-fact based opinions/anecdotal evidence to say why we know the real reason for the obesity epidemic in America.

Ummm...a lot kids learn to cook at 11,12, 13, etc. NOBODY puts a gun to people’s head, and says have 3,4,5 and 6+ kids over the course of time. Knowing you can’t feed them. Again, excuses dawg.

“I’m single, I got 4 kids, I don’t have time to cook.” Well, what do you have time for???? Again, it’s the same excuses over and over. Gotta start holding everyone accountable.

You can't hold everyone accountable to the same expectations when everybody doesn't have the same privilege .

It is EASY for us to claim what folks shpuld do when we are currently speaking from where we are at this point in life.

Again, it isn't that simple.

Back
Top Bottom