Americans Are Fat AF

That’s real but you can’t just throw your hands up and be “welp I’m from the hood so I’m gonna be unhealthy.”

Times are changing though. They put a damn co op in north Minneapolis. I never thought I’d see the day.

But you also don’t gotta get all organic and all that. Just get whatever produce you can afford. Some 3 dollar turkey and some rice and cheap *** veggies is a lot better than a TV dinner and you got more than one meal.

Oh I agree. But consider accessibility and education too. I live in not the best area (in the process of moving) and my grocery stores are horrible. Produce spoiled or unappealing like legit all the time. Even saw milk past the expiration date. So now I use amazon fresh or shop by my job. But who all is going to go out their way?

Yeah accessibility and education needs to change for sure.

I used to live in this area of Minneapolis (Franklin and 3rd) it was pretty gutter back then. Now rent is through the roof... anyways Before they put an aldi in there was nothing except super expensive corner stores unless you wanted to drive or take the bus.

I think it’s starting to change though, my daughter is in 7th grade and she knows way more about eating healthy than I did. That’s for sure.

But yeah they need some legit grocery stores in the hood. Not some corner store where bananas are a dollar each and brown.

Ride around looking for closer parking. Eating at night. No excuses for America. Europe has proven this. Ain’t nothing wrong with being plus-sized but stop blaming others.

That’s real but you can’t just throw your hands up and be “welp I’m from the hood so I’m gonna be unhealthy.”

Obesity is a societal problem as much as it is a personal problem.

You listen to food-related commercials from France, and they have disclaimers such as "binge-eating is harmful to your health."
In the US, you're bombarded with burger and tacos commercials at night.

In Europe, it doesn't cost you much to visit healthcare providers to get the necessary advice to get one's diet under control; we know how healthcare goes here.

Look at how people cried and complained when 1-L cups were banned in NYC, or when Michelle Obama tried to encourage kids to eat healthy foods.

Obesity is the cost of all this "freedom."

Some people are products of their environment. There’s no Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and fresh markets in the hood. And like someone else said junk and fast food are quick, easy and cheap so these are viable options for some busy families. Systematic racism and class segregation at its finest.

I disagree. We’ve seen TIME and time again that people make time for what they want. People put their time and energy into a lot of silly stuff. I’ve seen people literally sit on their phone all day. I see women and men go back and forth with gossip. People have time to camp out for Jordans, Yeezy’s, etc.

HOW HARD IS IT TO COOK A MEAL??? You can cook on a Sunday, and stretch that food into left overs for 3-4 days.

People seem to have time for so much BS, but can’t meal prep? I honestly hate the whole “fast food” is convenient for families who don’t have time. They’ve got time, they’re just lazy or full of excuses. No one should be eating fast food, more than home cooking. Especially kids.....

This is the biggest issue in America. Fast food is big business. Which is understandable, but no one is making you eat fast food. It’s a CHOICE.

I live in the hood and my grandma use to have her own garden. She grew cabbage, greens, tomatoes, etc.

I disagree. We’ve seen TIME and time again that people make time for what they want. People put their time and energy into a lot of silly stuff. I’ve seen people literally sit on their phone all day. I see women and men go back and forth with gossip. People have time to camp out for Jordans, Yeezy’s, etc.

HOW HARD IS IT TO COOK A MEAL??? You can cook on a Sunday, and stretch that food into left overs for 3-4 days.

People seem to have time for so much BS, but can’t meal prep? I honestly hate the whole “fast food” is convenient for families who don’t have time. They’ve got time, they’re just lazy or full of excuses. No one should be eating fast food, more than home cooking. Especially kids.....

This is the biggest issue in America. Fast food is big business. Which is understandable, but no one is making you eat fast food. It’s a CHOICE.

I live in the hood and my grandma use to have her own garden. She grew cabbage, greens, tomatoes, etc.

Did your grandma work?

Think about single family homes with multiple kids or homes where parents work late. When do they have time to legit prepare a meal? When they can swing by Wendy’s on the way home? Yes people make time for what they want but healthy food consumption is low on the priority list for some people.

Did your grandma work?

Think about single family homes with multiple kids or homes where parents work late. When do they have time to legit prepare a meal? When they can swing by Wendy’s on the way home? Yes people make time for what they want but healthy food consumption is low on the priority list for some people.

My grandma worked. And still works at 70. She works at a salon so, she was working sometimes 6 days a week. She also cooked every Sunday, or 3-4 times a week.

If healthy eating is low, then you’ve got to deal with the consequences. If you’re not going to make the effort. I see so many people complain, but their effort says otherwise.

My grandma worked. And still works at 70. She works at a salon so, she was working sometimes 6 days a week. She also cooked every Sunday, or 3-4 times a week.

If healthy eating is low, then you’ve got to deal with the consequences. If you’re not going to make the effort. I see so many people complain, but their effort says otherwise.

Back to my point of education. Also consider the majority vice minority in terms of impoverished neighborhoods.

This whole eating clean not being expensive is a myth. Junk food is cheap in many instances. More so than not. The problem is that it as isn't satisfying as clean food

Yea, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I eat clean for damn near half the year. There is no way you're going to tell me that eating clean not being expensive is a myth.

And junk food is not cheap. Americans just struggle with basic math.

Obesity is a societal problem as much as it is a personal problem.

You listen to food-related commercials from France, and they have disclaimers such as "binge-eating is harmful to your health."
In the US, you're bombarded with burger and tacos commercials at night.

In Europe, it doesn't cost you much to visit healthcare providers to get the necessary advice to get one's diet under control; we know how healthcare goes here.

Look at how people cried and complained when 1-L cups were banned in NYC, or when Michelle Obama tried to encourage kids to eat healthy foods.

Obesity is the cost of all this "freedom."

Nah I agree with you on all that bro. This country has destroyed food from the way it’s raised to what they feed and schools and the lies they feed you about what you should eat.

Look at the respect they give food in other countries and look at us. It’s disgusting.

I gotta realize too that I used to be a cook for like 15 years. I can bang out a meal for 10 in 15 minutes if I want and it will be healthy if I want it to be. :lol:

But I feel you, this country has a complete lack of respect for food and health.

“The healthiest diets cost about $1.50 moreper day than the least healthy diets, according to new research from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH). ... “Over the course of a year, $1.50/day more for eatinga healthy diet would increase food costs for one person by about $550 per year.”

People also gotta give up the “I’m busy” stuff.

We are all busy. If you got time to sit on the couch you got time to make a quick meal. Learn to make 5 or 6 go to meals.

Go to target, grab some curry and pre sliced chicken breast, brown that while you chop of veggies by the time it’s browned you got the veggies chopped. At it all together simmer 15 minutes and you’re done... ain’t that difficult. 25 minutes tops.

People also gotta give up the “I’m busy” stuff.

We are all busy. If you got time to sit on the couch you got time to make a quick meal. Learn to make 5 or 6 go to meals.

Go to target, grab some curry and pre sliced chicken breast, brown that while you chop of veggies by the time it’s browned you got the veggies chopped. At it all together simmer 15 minutes and you’re done... ain’t that difficult. 25 minutes tops.
What one can do, the next can't. Nobody operates the same.

This sounds like some "we all got the same 24 hours a day" type stuff I see on Instagram

If it was all so simple, people would do it

Bruh, this is the most millennial thing I ever heard. It is simple, you just have to try and do it.

I get not everyone has access to Whole Foods and other bougie stuff. I get people live in the hood with wack stores.

But for most people they are just straight up lazy. I’m not talking about this kid with no access to a grocery store and all he can get is chicken pot pies for 99 cents.

I was a chubby kid... Once I grew up and was able to make healthy choices and took my physique serious, I was able to get lean.

Many people in this country are poor as ****, so a lot of people don't have a choice. It's easy to say "eat healthy" but if you're low-income, it's damn near impossible to eat anything but processed crap.

I get what you are saying but I think lack of exposure poor people have to nutrition education is the real issue.

I feel it is possible to eat somewhat healthy no matter the income but there are so many other factors that get in the way of that being a reality.

Access to proper stores
Time
Mentality (Survival Mode for many)
Lack of food education (exposure mord than inability to learn)

i buy and sell vintage clothes and finding XXL clothing is rare as hell,
and XXL back then is equal to todays XL's,
people were alot more active and the food didnt have so much **** in it.
fast food was a special thing youd eat maybe once a month if you were lucky, at least in my life.
the average size of clothing for american males nowadays is XL.

Were all talking about poorer neighborhoods I feel like.

What’s the average joes excuse? They know hammering down whoppers is bad for them but they do it on the regular anyways.

You make it sound so simple.

I have come across countless single-parent households where the parent works 12+ hours and the kids are essentially raising themselves.

They are usually in survival mode.

Be careful with the, "So simple" pictures you are painting man. It isn't that simple for many.

Back
Top Bottom