6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

My type of thread
pimp.gif

Basically, for anybody to meet anybody.

1 of 2 things have to happen.

1. We experience a technological jump and find a way to travel faster than the speed of light.
2. Aliens can travel faster than the speed of light

As of right now, our laws of physics tell us that light is the speed barrier.

Technological jumps: Think the invention of the semiconductor, we need a few more jumps like that. The problems is electronics have advanced at a rate 10000x Aerospace technology.

There is also this theory: Why don't we place humans in some kind of relativity bubble.......travel at a rate like 1/1000 the speed of light to the nearest planet. By the time we get there, we might be the same age, but the aliens we are visiting will be YEARS more advanced in evolution/technology and the humans left on Earth will also have significantly advanced so this theory will not work as well.

Basically, for anybody to meet anybody.

1 of 2 things have to happen.

1. We experience a technological jump and find a way to travel faster than the speed of light.
2. Aliens can travel faster than the speed of light

As of right now, our laws of physics tell us that light is the speed barrier.

Technological jumps: Think the invention of the semiconductor, we need a few more jumps like that. The problems is electronics have advanced at a rate 10000x Aerospace technology.

There is also this theory: Why don't we place humans in some kind of relativity bubble.......travel at a rate like 1/1000 the speed of light to the nearest planet. By the time we get there, we might be the same age, but the aliens we are visiting will be YEARS more advanced in evolution/technology and the humans left on Earth will also have significantly advanced so this theory will not work as well.

Okay...Can somebody please explain about Black Holes & Realms & all this fun stuff being talked about in this thread?

Okay...Can somebody please explain about Black Holes & Realms & all this fun stuff being talked about in this thread?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Need help understanding this post...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

What do u do at Nasa??

Cracks me up whenever I read something saying "So and So is only 5000 lightyears away" I cannot even fathom how far that is
laugh.gif
traveling the speed of light for 5000 years, or 5 trillion km x5000
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

We'll be out there one day.
human mind = brilliant

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

What do u do at Nasa??

Cracks me up whenever I read something saying "So and So is only 5000 lightyears away" I cannot even fathom how far that is
laugh.gif
traveling the speed of light for 5000 years, or 5 trillion km x5000
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

We'll be out there one day.
human mind = brilliant

Kinda pointless to even find the damn thing if we can't explore it. I'd like to step foot on another planet but won't be happenin. Imagin packin ya family up in a space ship to try and get there. Got the kids screamin "Are we there yet?" before u even get out of the earth's atmosphere

Kinda pointless to even find the damn thing if we can't explore it. I'd like to step foot on another planet but won't be happenin. Imagin packin ya family up in a space ship to try and get there. Got the kids screamin "Are we there yet?" before u even get out of the earth's atmosphere

Dang... just read all 7 pages of the thread and my mind has absolutely been blown to pieces.

soooo interesting

Dang... just read all 7 pages of the thread and my mind has absolutely been blown to pieces.

soooo interesting

love these kinds of threads.

what a thrill it'd be to set foot on a foreign planet and breath in as if i were on Earth.

love these kinds of threads.

what a thrill it'd be to set foot on a foreign planet and breath in as if i were on Earth.

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

No problem.

So essentially,

You make a spaceship where time inside of the ship is thousands of times slower than time outside of the ship. You accomplish this with large amounts of gravity (without creating a black hole or crushing the people on board, we'll worry about the physics and feasibility in like 100 years).

So time is moving slower inside the ship than outside the ship. 100 years can pass outside the ship BUT inside the ship, maybe1 day has passed. This means you can travel extraordinary distances for thousands of years, but inside the ship maybe 100 years have passed.

So all this light years %%@% becomes irrelevant for the people inside the ship. The problem I presented is that by the time you reach the aliens you set out to find, the technology you have on your ship is obselete. Since thousands of years also passed on Earth, the people you left behind are 1.Dead, 2. Thousands of years more advanced than you are. Sure, you'll be able to see everything that's being invented on earth via radio transmissions, but still.............

Which brings me to another point:

Let's say you leave in a ship that can get to the nearest planet in 1000 years. Assuming you're in one of the bubbles I mentioned in my post, so you age like 20 years. By the time you get to the next planet, people on Earth could have invented faster ships and beaten you to the same planet. To add insult to injury, the same humans could have colonized the planet you are traveling to.

I used to be really into all this space, physics and NASA stuff.....until I realized it didn't make any money
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

No problem.

So essentially,

You make a spaceship where time inside of the ship is thousands of times slower than time outside of the ship. You accomplish this with large amounts of gravity (without creating a black hole or crushing the people on board, we'll worry about the physics and feasibility in like 100 years).

So time is moving slower inside the ship than outside the ship. 100 years can pass outside the ship BUT inside the ship, maybe1 day has passed. This means you can travel extraordinary distances for thousands of years, but inside the ship maybe 100 years have passed.

So all this light years %%@% becomes irrelevant for the people inside the ship. The problem I presented is that by the time you reach the aliens you set out to find, the technology you have on your ship is obselete. Since thousands of years also passed on Earth, the people you left behind are 1.Dead, 2. Thousands of years more advanced than you are. Sure, you'll be able to see everything that's being invented on earth via radio transmissions, but still.............

Which brings me to another point:

Let's say you leave in a ship that can get to the nearest planet in 1000 years. Assuming you're in one of the bubbles I mentioned in my post, so you age like 20 years. By the time you get to the next planet, people on Earth could have invented faster ships and beaten you to the same planet. To add insult to injury, the same humans could have colonized the planet you are traveling to.

I used to be really into all this space, physics and NASA stuff.....until I realized it didn't make any money
tired.gif

The show how the universe works on sci fi is really good if you are interested in this type of stuff. In fact "black holes" is on now.

Back
Top Bottom