6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif
Good question, and yes.
The light would have bounced off the surface of the planet and traveled for 2000 years to reach the telescope.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif
Good question, and yes.
The light would have bounced off the surface of the planet and traveled for 2000 years to reach the telescope.

Originally Posted by 916kings

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Y'all are completely sleeping on my first post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

We've already used the hubble telescope to look tens of billions of years in the past.  It's probably the most amazing image mankind has ever created.

Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

The image you see here is 13 billion years old, less than a billion years after the big bang.

alien.gif
alien.gif
The earth is only 5000 years old brah.  God wasn't making that stuff 13 Billion years ago. Jesus.

wait, what?????
Ask Bill O'reilly.

Originally Posted by 916kings

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Y'all are completely sleeping on my first post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field

We've already used the hubble telescope to look tens of billions of years in the past.  It's probably the most amazing image mankind has ever created.

Hubble_Ultra_Deep_Field_part_d.jpg

The image you see here is 13 billion years old, less than a billion years after the big bang.

alien.gif
alien.gif
The earth is only 5000 years old brah.  God wasn't making that stuff 13 Billion years ago. Jesus.

wait, what?????
Ask Bill O'reilly.

mind blown. This type of @!% is so fascinating. damn. kinda confused on seeing things 2000 years prior with the telescope tho.

mind blown. This type of @!% is so fascinating. damn. kinda confused on seeing things 2000 years prior with the telescope tho.

Originally Posted by FlyGuy3

Everything you see right now is slightly (veeeery slightly, to the point that it's not even noticeable) delayed.
Light bounces off of the surface of an object and then enters your eye, that's how you see.
Light travels very fast, but still at a set speed. Light years is a measure of distance, the distance light travels in a year.
So if you're looking at something 1 light year away through a telescope, you're seeing it as it was 1 year ago. It took the light 1 year to travel to your eye.

Everything you see right now is slightly (veeeery slightly, to the point that it's not even noticeable) delayed.
Light bounces off of the surface of an object and then enters your eye, that's how you see.
Light travels very fast, but still at a set speed. Light years is a measure of distance, the distance light travels in a year.
So if you're looking at something 1 light year away through a telescope, you're seeing it as it was 1 year ago. It took the light 1 year to travel to your eye.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

thanks for the explanation. 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

thanks for the explanation. 

lol, how many times is the "is what we're seeing 2000 years old?" question gonna get asked and answered, tho?

lol, how many times is the "is what we're seeing 2000 years old?" question gonna get asked and answered, tho?

How can something have neither a beginning or an end? whats beyond space? How can something be something if its nothing. How would nothing be something if humans werent here.

The questions about space will never be answered....face it.

How can something have neither a beginning or an end? whats beyond space? How can something be something if its nothing. How would nothing be something if humans werent here.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

A circle.
Don't know what you mean, the universe is massive, but there is a hard limit on what we can observe.
.....what?

A circle.
Don't know what you mean, the universe is massive, but there is a hard limit on what we can observe.
.....what?

A circle.
.....what?
Think hes talking about a black hole on that last part regarding something being nothing... And I just think hes high as +*@# on that 2nd sentence.

A circle.
.....what?
Think hes talking about a black hole on that last part regarding something being nothing... And I just think hes high as +*@# on that 2nd sentence.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Unless these aliens have different eyes from us or they're using some device to view us in real time.
i dont see how this would be possible, tho, considering OUR understanding of physics...

it physically cant get there faster than the speed of light....

there are actual particles that are actually moving toward your eye when you see "light".....color depends on which particles are absorbed and which ones reflect to our eyes...

i dont see how they could accelerate light particles faster than the speed of light, with their eyes OR a device...
This might be some ground breaking %%%, but i'mma try it out.

Take the aurora borealis. A natural phenomena that occurs in our atmosphere. The auroras become visible due to a shift in electrical charge. They form due to ionized atoms regaining an electron and going into an excited state, meaning that they move faster and more rapidly than the particles around them, making the glow from their reactions visible in the night sky. I think if someone found a way to stabilize light particles in a similar fashion that we could, in theory, make light move faster than it already does.

as for finding an unlimited power source, we already have that...it's called the sun. if we figured out a way to harness the power from the sun more efficiently, we wouldn't need gasoline ever again. we only use a FRACTION of a percentage of the energy produced by the sun's nuclear fusion.

Unless these aliens have different eyes from us or they're using some device to view us in real time.
i dont see how this would be possible, tho, considering OUR understanding of physics...

there are actual particles that are actually moving toward your eye when you see "light".....color depends on which particles are absorbed and which ones reflect to our eyes...

i dont see how they could accelerate light particles faster than the speed of light, with their eyes OR a device...

Take the aurora borealis. A natural phenomena that occurs in our atmosphere. The auroras become visible due to a shift in electrical charge. They form due to ionized atoms regaining an electron and going into an excited state, meaning that they move faster and more rapidly than the particles around them, making the glow from their reactions visible in the night sky. I think if someone found a way to stabilize light particles in a similar fashion that we could, in theory, make light move faster than it already does.

as for finding an unlimited power source, we already have that...it's called the sun. if we figured out a way to harness the power from the sun more efficiently, we wouldn't need gasoline ever again. we only use a FRACTION of a percentage of the energy produced by the sun's nuclear fusion.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

yeah, dude tried to reference the aurora borealis in that egypt thread and claimed it was proof that egyptians could pull electricity out of thin air...
im not sure they produce enough energy to be of any use to us, tho

the sun isn't an unlimited power source, but as far as OUR LIFETIMES go, i guess i could grant you that....

the crazy %#!% about the sun/earth relationship is, EVERY source of energy we have is powered by sunlight....directly or indirectly...

food, gasoline, electricity, all of it....

it originally goes back to sunlight...

its crazy.

Back
Top Bottom