6 new planets Discovered....Vol Aliens can't be far

The show how the universe works on sci fi is really good if you are interested in this type of stuff. In fact "black holes" is on now.

eek.gif
so much info in this thread 
pimp.gif
. bump to keep it going...

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif
Good question, and yes.
The light would have bounced off the surface of the planet and traveled for 2000 years to reach the telescope.
Mind = blown.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Dumb question, if we had a telescope that can look 2000 light years away, strong enough to zoom on a planet and see the people. Would that mean What we are seeing is 2000 years ago on that planet?

good question, good question lol 
smokin.gif
Good question, and yes.
The light would have bounced off the surface of the planet and traveled for 2000 years to reach the telescope.
Mind = blown.

This thread is so fricking interesting!

So how do you guys feel about us making it to the Andromeda Galaxy? Lol

This thread is so fricking interesting!

So how do you guys feel about us making it to the Andromeda Galaxy? Lol

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Okay...Can somebody please explain about Black Holes & Realms & all this fun stuff being talked about in this thread?

i read wikipedia for like 6 hrs one day, just clicking reference link after reference link.

do the same, sir.

throwed, you wouldnt need to slow time down "inside" the ship...

if you were traveling at the speed of light, time would barely be moving anyway....

the slows down with LESS gravity (like you said) or speed....

so being IN a vaccum (space) and moving at the speed of light, the ship and its crew would probably move as slow as time is physically able to move...

the time thing isnt the problem in the equasion, its accelerating something to the speed of light...

but FIRST, like i said, we need an infinite power source....fusion is our closest chance at it...

if we get fusion, imagine, you cop a car and never buy gas...

roll.gif

it just got a nuclear fusion box in the trunk...

we gonna be driving mini-nuclear reactors...

roll.gif

flying cars?

i also mispoke earlier,

i said they found evidence of black holes with the subtraction theory to balance out equations they were observing, that's not entirely true.

thats actually how they're trying to argue that we have "strange" matter, or black matter...its like....what space is "made" of....like, it holds the planets and objects in it, its very very very hard to explain, google the +$@$...

its CRAZY

then, lets talk about the various forms of ICE

yall know how we got ice, right? and it happens when molecules are slowed down until they stop, right?

well, they got like 15 levels of ice in the universe...

they said theres some moon in some galaxy that has liquid, only other mass we found with liquid, except, their liquid is liquid methanol....

roll.gif

they said, once you touch their methanol lake, you sink directly to the bottom, cause it still has the viscosity of GAS....

so you sink directly to the bottom and you hit the ICE6......

ice 6 is like ice, compacted like car crushers compact car metal, then, placed in blocks, crushed again, and again, 6 times....its like exponentially more dense than anything we've seen on earth (dont ask me how they even worked all this out....
laugh.gif
)

but any material we humans have ever fathomed would be destroyed, instantly, because of the ridiculously dense gas at the bottom of the methanol ocean..

roll.gif
, discovery channel high is the GOAT...

OH +$@$, DO YALL KNOW THE LEADING THEORY TO HOW THE MOON FORMED?

YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT MIND BLOWING?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

Okay...Can somebody please explain about Black Holes & Realms & all this fun stuff being talked about in this thread?

i read wikipedia for like 6 hrs one day, just clicking reference link after reference link.

do the same, sir.

throwed, you wouldnt need to slow time down "inside" the ship...

if you were traveling at the speed of light, time would barely be moving anyway....

the slows down with LESS gravity (like you said) or speed....

so being IN a vaccum (space) and moving at the speed of light, the ship and its crew would probably move as slow as time is physically able to move...

the time thing isnt the problem in the equasion, its accelerating something to the speed of light...

but FIRST, like i said, we need an infinite power source....fusion is our closest chance at it...

if we get fusion, imagine, you cop a car and never buy gas...

roll.gif

it just got a nuclear fusion box in the trunk...

we gonna be driving mini-nuclear reactors...

roll.gif

flying cars?

i also mispoke earlier,

i said they found evidence of black holes with the subtraction theory to balance out equations they were observing, that's not entirely true.

thats actually how they're trying to argue that we have "strange" matter, or black matter...its like....what space is "made" of....like, it holds the planets and objects in it, its very very very hard to explain, google the +$@$...

its CRAZY

then, lets talk about the various forms of ICE

yall know how we got ice, right? and it happens when molecules are slowed down until they stop, right?

well, they got like 15 levels of ice in the universe...

they said theres some moon in some galaxy that has liquid, only other mass we found with liquid, except, their liquid is liquid methanol....

roll.gif

they said, once you touch their methanol lake, you sink directly to the bottom, cause it still has the viscosity of GAS....

so you sink directly to the bottom and you hit the ICE6......

ice 6 is like ice, compacted like car crushers compact car metal, then, placed in blocks, crushed again, and again, 6 times....its like exponentially more dense than anything we've seen on earth (dont ask me how they even worked all this out....
laugh.gif
)

but any material we humans have ever fathomed would be destroyed, instantly, because of the ridiculously dense gas at the bottom of the methanol ocean..

roll.gif
, discovery channel high is the GOAT...

roll.gif

Just for some general info since eNPHAN mentioned water and ice

We had this presentation by some super smart scientist guy talking about water sources....

Apparently Saturn's moons have water. Titan has what seems to be a 150 mile long lake. While Saturn's moon Enceladus has what seem to be geysers emitting water from its surface.

There are also underground oceans on Jupiters moon Europa. They believe this could house life because the water is said to be rich in oxygen.

I also remember them mentioning a planet that has fierce surface conditions but has holes on the surface that could lead to undground caves where it may be able to sustain life. I'm trying to look it up now il edit when i find it

Just for some general info since eNPHAN mentioned water and ice

We had this presentation by some super smart scientist guy talking about water sources....

Apparently Saturn's moons have water. Titan has what seems to be a 150 mile long lake. While Saturn's moon Enceladus has what seem to be geysers emitting water from its surface.

There are also underground oceans on Jupiters moon Europa. They believe this could house life because the water is said to be rich in oxygen.

I also remember them mentioning a planet that has fierce surface conditions but has holes on the surface that could lead to undground caves where it may be able to sustain life. I'm trying to look it up now il edit when i find it

jking, it maybe saturn's moon im talking about...

to my knowledge, liquid is the rarest form of matter in the universe

and they found ONE moon with liquid methanol on it...

no water,tho, im pretty sure that would be like the most groundbreaking discovery since finding out we orbit the sun...

no water,tho, im pretty sure that would be like the most groundbreaking discovery since finding out we orbit the sun...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Yeah your right every time they say water it's never regular old earth like water.  The "water" emitting from Euclid is some sort of water-ice, the article says "a fissure that sprays icy particles, water vapor and organic compounds"

100224-space-enceladus-hlarge-1p.grid-6x2.jpg

Here is a pic from end of 2009

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Yeah your right every time they say water it's never regular old earth like water.  The "water" emitting from Euclid is some sort of water-ice, the article says "a fissure that sprays icy particles, water vapor and organic compounds"

100224-space-enceladus-hlarge-1p.grid-6x2.jpg

Here is a pic from end of 2009

wow, water vapor?

i've never heard of such.

i have madd work to do, but i definitely wanna google this..

you got links to articles?

wow, water vapor?

i've never heard of such.

i have madd work to do, but i definitely wanna google this..

you got links to articles?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

alien-mannequin-exhibit.jpg

roll.gif

I read one about the moon. It was saying something like the moon is actually  artificial. Yes, it was placed there because of the effects that it would have on the earth.

Transformers: Dark side of the moon

I was also reading some stuff this weekend that was saying how in 2012 we could gain full use of our brains.pyschic abilities, all types of stuff enabeled
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

alien-mannequin-exhibit.jpg

roll.gif

I read one about the moon. It was saying something like the moon is actually  artificial. Yes, it was placed there because of the effects that it would have on the earth.

Transformers: Dark side of the moon

I was also reading some stuff this weekend that was saying how in 2012 we could gain full use of our brains.pyschic abilities, all types of stuff enabeled
laugh.gif

http://news.nationalgeogr.../0310_060310_saturn.html

http://news.nationalgeogr...rs-plumes-jets-pictures/

http://www.sciencedaily.c...2010/02/100209144657.htm

This one says negatively charged water ions in the ice plumes

Enceladus thus joins Earth, Titan and comets where negatively charged ions are known to exist in the solar system. Negative oxygen ions were discovered in Earth's ionosphere at the dawn of the space age. At Earth's surface, negative water ions are present where liquid water is in motion, such as waterfalls or crashing ocean waves.
Seems like mixed reports on what it actually is but this kind of puts it into perspective at how much it means to science. 

Sidebar: All of these articles say "Ingredients for Life" because prior to that Arsenic finding in California we thought for something to live it needed several basic elements.  But we have since learned that may not be true.  If something can live off arsenic I would think it could live off a lot of other elements.  This opens up the search in space for what a habitual planet really is.    

http://news.nationalgeogr.../0310_060310_saturn.html

http://news.nationalgeogr...rs-plumes-jets-pictures/

http://www.sciencedaily.c...2010/02/100209144657.htm

This one says negatively charged water ions in the ice plumes

Enceladus thus joins Earth, Titan and comets where negatively charged ions are known to exist in the solar system. Negative oxygen ions were discovered in Earth's ionosphere at the dawn of the space age. At Earth's surface, negative water ions are present where liquid water is in motion, such as waterfalls or crashing ocean waves.
Seems like mixed reports on what it actually is but this kind of puts it into perspective at how much it means to science. 

Sidebar: All of these articles say "Ingredients for Life" because prior to that Arsenic finding in California we thought for something to live it needed several basic elements.  But we have since learned that may not be true.  If something can live off arsenic I would think it could live off a lot of other elements.  This opens up the search in space for what a habitual planet really is.    

Back
Top Bottom