2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s probably a number of things with Sherman, but no telling if it’s CTE, alcohol, depression from being on one of the best defensive teams ever to not knowing where your career is going. Heard a good point on le batard, football’s retirement sneaks up on you fast, it’s not like basketball where you can sit on the bench for 5 years and have time to plan out your future. Feel for these football players man

Yes and no.

Football players and athletes a like when they are playing live very structured lives. They are use to a certain pattern and schedule. A lot of athletes who struggle with life after sports mention having a huge void in their lives and not knowing what to do. I'm sure Sherm had never experienced a situation were he wasn't preparing for OTAs or thinking about what his '21 season would be like with his current team.
That being said, especially in football you have to understand that NFL stands for 'Not For Long'. If you aren't using your off-season to think about what your life will be like after football you are doing a huge disservice to yourself and your family. Sherm, is one of the smartest dudes in the game and has never struck me as a guy who would let his NFL career define who he was. I seem to remember him being a part of other off the field business ventures. IMO, this seems like a guy who has been going through it for awhile and it all came out in the ugliest way possible a couple of days ago.
Sherm, is lucky he isn't dead and didn't harm anyone else. More than likely his career is over but I'm positive he will bounce back from this but more importantly I hope he gets his personal 'situation' straightened out.

Hoping Sherman finds whatever peace and support he needs. Like others have said, this is one of the last guys you’d expect to be in the news like this. And the media wasted no time dragging him through the mud with the DV headlines. They can mention no bail, and the fact he’s a free agent in initial reports but can’t explain no bail is standard in those situations?

I’ll take him at his word that he’s going through a personal, maybe family, matter that pushed him over the edge. It happens to the best of us. I don’t think he went on a bender fueled by his denial regarding his playing career. Dude seems too smart and forward thinking for something like that.

The father did what he was supposed to do. You can't think about how it's gonna look or Sherman's image in THAT situation, you protect your house. Especially after seeing that video, Sherman was gone. Real unfortunate and I hate seeing dudes that have been clean most of their careers then slip up like this.

Prime Barry Sanders was a fun thing to watch. I was 14 in 1999 so I didn’t fully understand the magnitude of him retiring, but he was literately 1500 yards or so away from breaking Walter Paytons rushing record.

He got so fed up with the Lions doing Lions things and walked away from it all a year after a dominant 2000 yard rushing season. I know Calvin Johnson got fed up with the Lions as well.

That’s probably the worst ran professional sports organization over the past 60 years or so. I know they won some NFL championships in the 50’s, but they’ve only won one playoff game over the last 63 years or so. If the Browns could finally manage to put something nice together and finally be on the right track, maybe there’s hope for the Lions one day.

Barry Sanders was an absolute favorite of mine to watch. Dude would of obliterated Payton’s record and I don’t think Emmitt would of passed him.

I’m hopeful the lions organization turns things around, maybe for selfish reasons. My cousin was named their Director of Human Performance a few months ago. She’s one of, I believe, 8 female coaches currently in the league. Would like to see her successful at that level.

There will NEVER be another Barrry. He was strong as hell too. 5’8” and could dunk a basketball too. I heard he liked basketball more than football, earlier on.

I love how his teammates use to hustle downfield and block for barry. They enjoyed blocking. He also was in single back most of his career due to their spread offense. Imagine if he had a fullback more in his career.

There will NEVER be another Barrry. He was strong as hell too. 5’8” and could dunk a basketball too. I heard he liked basketball more than football, earlier on.

I love how his teammates use to hustle downfield and block for barry. They enjoyed blocking. He also was in single back most of his career due to their spread offense. Imagine if he had a fullback more in his career.

Idk why but this reads like Donald trump wrote it

ezgif-2-d4038f411eba.gif

Was just in Wichita this weekend and drove by Barry Sanders Field.

We see the elusiveness and the jukes but Barry's break away speed is underrated. In his highlight clips he is always pulling away from someone or beating them to the end zone even when they got an angle.

Was just in Wichita this weekend and drove by Barry Sanders Field.

We see the elusiveness and the jukes but Barry's break away speed is underrated. In his highlight clips he is always pulling away from someone or beating them to the end zone even when they got an angle.
My GRBOAT.

-foe

If this is the normal telecast and not a weirdo view of the game, I’m watching this every time they’re on those 10 games.

Why don’t they just make this the telecast? Not like espns main telecast is any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom