2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how much Ridley bet, that’s huge to bet on your own team considering all the inside info you’d potentially know. Don’t know if I’d push that to side/dismiss it like it’s sounding.

i don’t mean to sound dismissive, he definitely deserved some punishment.. if just to drive the point home to the players

however, I’m putting what he did and punishment received in the context of deshaun only now getting a year or less and receiving credit for last year

also, we ain’t heard shh on the dolphins and Ross yet and to me that’s some shh that should have multiple active law suits going

I once talked to an attorney who told me people make a living off suing celebs. Might be petty $2,500-$5,000, but do you know how much a lawyer is gonna charge that said celebrity just to defend the case? Way more than $2500-5000, so in the interest of saving money, they’ll just pay the $2500-5000 all day long.

So them settling doesn’t automatically mean he’s guilty, but idk who in their right mind thinks 30+ something women are making all this up :lol:

If I’m innocent, damn that. Take it to trial. Settlements are stains also….

Don’t get it twisted. Settlement be damned. It still taints your reputation

Regardless of how much Ridley bet, that’s huge to bet on your own team considering all the inside info you’d potentially know. Don’t know if I’d push that to side/dismiss it like it’s sounding.

…. But Dolphins owner was willing to give Flores 500k to lose games and no one has mentioned it again. Teams sit players out from games alllllll the time so they don’t teach incentives…. Teams freeze out players all the time.

Teams are just as complicit when it comes to “integrity”. Teams sometimes force players to play, knowing their not healthy or still injured. This isn’t all on Ridley.

Look how many coaches get fired after having good seasons. So, I disagree. Teams/owners have just as much insider information.

From deflate gate to recording practices, Ridley got a raw deal

I don’t believe Deshaun engaged in non consensual relations with all 30+ of those women.

I do believe he’s a sexual deviant who needs therapy. 30+ victims and you don’t have enough to get an indictment?

“Needs therapy”? What the hell. Nah bruh. Being a sexual deviant does not give you the right to do the stuff that he did to those women. Point blank.

No one is saying what Ross did or what teams do isn’t a problem/big deal. We’re all waiting to hear the fallout on the Ross front. Fallout from Washington too. But Ridley did not get a raw deal lol.

No one is saying what Ross did or what teams do isn’t a problem/big deal. We’re all waiting to hear the fallout on the Ross front. Fallout from Washington too. But Ridley did not get a raw deal lol.

I look at the Ridley thing as sending a clear message to the players not to do that shh

But I use that as a point of reference with regard to deshaun and potentially only getting a year or less

He should not have gotten a year

I think max he should have gotten was half a year.. but probably more like 4 games

But I get it.. they’re outright involved with gambling now and don’t want to f with the other breaks they get.. cause they always been involved, but not outright

So for them, they have a clear example and dropped the hammer hoping the message gets delivered

But that’s also why I don’t get how they haven’t done shh about Ross.. or that hasn’t turned into a whole bigger thing given the ramifications for all partners

It’s a message being sent. Absolutely should of been a year.

No it shouldn't have.

NFL got full on in bed with gambling including letting you bet in stadiums now, then give a year for a guy betting $1,500? (Out of the billions the NFL will take in)

A year is way too much, and if they give Watson 4-6 games there gonna be full on media war about it. If Watson gets a year, then everyone should relax.

No it shouldn't have.

NFL got full on in bed with gambling including letting you bet in stadiums now, then give a year for a guy betting $1,500? (Out of the billions the NFL will take in)

A year is way too much, and if they give Watson 4-6 games there gonna be full on media war about it. If Watson gets a year, then everyone should relax.
The nuances of Ridley’s situation does not matter. You absolutely cannot have players, coaches, refs, or anyone perceived by the public to have a direct and immediate influence on the outcome of games or an unfair informational advantage openly betting on games.

If the NFL cannot maintain the integrity of its product then billions, trillions are at risk.

Ridley got what was coming to him. Watson will get what’s coming to him (mostly in settlement money payouts). But I think its a dangerously slippery slope to start disciplining players for civil suits. Anybody can get sued for anything at any time, especially celebrities.

so this the lady Zach banged? About what I expected.

0570C7AB-97D0-42F1-B66B-03D4C763A262.png

The nuances of Ridley’s situation does not matter. You absolutely cannot have players, coaches, refs, or anyone perceived by the public to have a direct and immediate influence on the outcome of games or an unfair informational advantage openly betting on games.

If the NFL cannot maintain the integrity of its product then billions, trillions are at risk.

Ridley got what was coming to him. Watson will get what’s coming to him (mostly in settlement money payouts). But I think its a dangerously slippery slope to start disciplining players for civil suits. Anybody can get sued for anything at any time, especially celebrities.
Especially betting on his own team where he has all kinds of inside info/knowledge. Kind of a slippery slope that could lead to if it wasn’t made an example of. This isn’t that hard to understand with a player doing it.

If I’m innocent, damn that. Take it to trial. Settlements are stains also….

Don’t get it twisted. Settlement be damned. It still taints your reputation
Easier said than done bruh.

Pay 30k just to get vindicated or pay $2,500 to make it go away?

Now multiply that by a ****load of cases. Just easier/smarter to settle. Although it’s ********. But that’s the US legal system for you

Easier said than done bruh.

Pay 30k just to get vindicated or pay $2,500 to make it go away?

Now multiply that by a ****load of cases. Just easier/smarter to settle. Although it’s bull****. But that’s the US legal system for you

He’s a millionaire….

He’s a millionaire….
Well the example I just gave, multiply that times 100. Then multiply that by 20-30 clients.

I get what you’re saying, but at the end of the day you’re gonna lose a ton more money fighting the case in hopes of “winning”

These lawyers ain’t stupid. They’ll take the case and draw it out for months/years costing you a **** ton of lawyer fees.

mr jordan04 mr jordan04 Exactly. If there was no merit then the cases would've been dismissed and doesn't look like Watson has any physical evidence to disprove every allegation. So he’d have to show for every hearing for every case for the next couple years. No matter how the judge rules he has to pay his legal team. Even if he "won" he probably wouldn't come close to breaking even by countersuing and the court of public opinion has already made up its mind.

He's a millionaire facing a net negative financial and social outcome no matter the ruling. Pay the settlements, get your time back, and enjoy what's left of that 40mil signing bonus the league can't stop even if suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom