2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably ready to protect them more than anything and move on

i get them protecting team owners

but the lines to the shh is to obvious.. you’re paying these women off so you can have your QB.. the women being violated in Washington and with the cowboys, is because of football

deshaun’s actions were outside of the team, for what we know.. but the Texans stepped in to attempt to help their former QB

Thirty?????? We up to 30 now? :lol:

2 dozen wasn't enough, we threw another half dozen in the mix and people still think he ain't really do nothin? :lol:

Who still thinks that though? :lol:

At best he's a sexual deviant/bona-fide weirdo and at worse he's a straight up predator. Both bad and awful looks, especially for a 'face of the franchise'

Screenshot 2022-07-15 113930.png

Thirty?????? We up to 30 now? :lol:

2 dozen wasn't enough, we threw another half dozen in the mix and people still think he ain't really do nothin? :lol:
I lost count tbh but I think it's 34.

The remaining accusers didn't settle if I read the reporters thread correctly

i get them protecting team owners

but the lines to the shh is to obvious.. you’re paying these women off so you can have your QB.. the women being violated in Washington and with the cowboys, is because of football

deshaun’s actions were outside of the team, for what we know.. but the Texans stepped in to attempt to help their former QB
What's the incentive? The stuff they pull has always been obvious they're not going to start policing themselves now.

Hell, the biggest indictment currently from the owner's perspectives is Snyder skimming funds. They'll go after that above everything else

regardless of the team they are all in business with one another, they represent one another, so as crazy as it sounds going hard on the football team or the Texans might be like a snake biting its own tail.

What's the incentive? The stuff they pull has always been obvious they're not going to start policing themselves now.

Hell, the biggest indictment currently from the owner's perspectives is Snyder skimming funds. They'll go after that above everything else

exactly.. But that was Cuban’s point with clippers dude

commissioner works for the team owners, it’s more obvious with the NFL.. but there is a reason things only going go so far

hell it’s almost the same reason politicians only going go so far with any of this shh

Bruh I don't know how you came to that conclusion from what I posted lol I'm talking about in general when companies and/or people settle, it doesn't necessarily mean they're guilty. Especially if it goes to arbitration. At that point it's just about agreeing on a number and moving on.

I was watching an interview recently when the arbitrator straight up told someone that at that point the truth doesn't matter, it's only about a number.

I was watching an interview recently when the arbitrator straight up told someone that at that point the truth doesn't matter, it's only about a number.
I once talked to an attorney who told me people make a living off suing celebs. Might be petty $2,500-$5,000, but do you know how much a lawyer is gonna charge that said celebrity just to defend the case? Way more than $2500-5000, so in the interest of saving money, they’ll just pay the $2500-5000 all day long.

So them settling doesn’t automatically mean he’s guilty, but idk who in their right mind thinks 30+ something women are making all this up :lol:

So them settling doesn’t automatically mean he’s guilty, but idk who in their right mind thinks 30+ something women are making all this up :lol:
I think people keep forgetting these are civil suits. It’s not about being guilty of a crime anymore. Blame two grand juries for that. His accusers are seeking compensation, that’s what civil suits are for.

Watson can either spend time, energy, and money on lawyers to fight 30+ suits, win or lose that’s money spent. Or he can save time and likely money by settling. Not being indicted is his victory.

Watson already lost a year and the plaintiff’s settled.

Unless they’re filing criminal charges let dude play and move on.

Robert Craft didn’t get this much heat, neither did Big Ben.
We are talking about people who are incredibly wealthy. The rules are different for them.

Kraft has BILLIONS and connects that run all the way to the White House and likely governments around the world. His situation really just amount to slight embarrassment but nothing was gonna ever happen to him. Alleged Ely that vid got destroy.

The same applies to the Pittsburg Feeler Ben Rothlisberger and Dirty Deshaun. Too much money and success to really get touched.

That's why they all skate.

Watson already lost a year and the plaintiff’s settled.

Unless they’re filing criminal charges let dude play and move on.

Robert Craft didn’t get this much heat, neither did Big Ben.

League set the precedent they weren’t going wait or allow their rulings to be governed by whatever happens in the course of justice

Also Texans and/or Watson made a choice.. both could have waited for an actual ruling from the league

Also seems wildly inappropriate to use that choice as the basis for no further ramifications when more information is still being made public

Calvin Ridley lost money betting on the falcons AND they gave him a yea

Not even no big money.. just a grand and a half in a game he wasn’t in.. on his own team

But a year for a dude with 30 something women and more coming forward or being found out about every couple weeks

Regardless of how much Ridley bet, that’s huge to bet on your own team considering all the inside info you’d potentially know. Don’t know if I’d push that to side/dismiss it like it’s sounding.

Calvin Ridley lost money betting on the falcons AND they gave him a yea

Not even no big money.. just a grand and a half in a game he wasn’t in.. on his own team

But a year for a dude with 30 something women and more coming forward or being found out about every couple weeks
You understand what that is though.

Forget the amount. Gambling just opened up everywhere big. With the biggest factor of gambling being hope, they can't have gamblers thinking that those with unfair advantages are gambling along side them. That would cause they to gamble less which means less money for the league.

Ridley messed with the money. They're gonna move swiftly and directly with that one. Does improprieties in gambling = assault on the scale of morality? Of course not. But when has the league ever cared about morality?

Which headline is worse for the league? "Current player found betting on outcome of game" or "Alleged sexual predator throws for 4 TDs"

You think that was Krafts first trip to a massage parlor? He just happened to get jammed up the 1st time?

Yeah ok

Big Ben a certified predator. Man’s deserved to be under the jail.

So is soliciting for sex like Kraft did the same as rubbing your junk on people who don’t want it? And shooting your load on them? And whatever else with the 30 women?

Asking for a friend again, just trying to make sense of it.

So is soliciting for sex like Kraft did the same as rubbing your junk on people who don’t want it? And shooting your load on them? And whatever else with the 30 women?

Asking for a friend again, just trying to make sense of it.

I don’t believe Deshaun engaged in non consensual relations with all 30+ of those women.

I do believe he’s a sexual deviant who needs therapy. 30+ victims and you don’t have enough to get an indictment?

As far as I’m concerned Deshaun already has been suspended. He didn’t play last season due to the allegations, he doesn’t get indicted on criminal charges and he’s faces sitting out another year?

So basically assumed guilty and not playing out of fear of criminal charges, no charges come and you still going to get suspended?

I guess for the NFL they care about optics and headlines give the dude 4-6 games if you have to max.

You understand what that is though.

Forget the amount. Gambling just opened up everywhere big. With the biggest factor of gambling being hope, they can't have gamblers thinking that those with unfair advantages are gambling along side them. That would cause they to gamble less which means less money for the league.

Ridley messed with the money. They're gonna move swiftly and directly with that one. Does improprieties in gambling = assault on the scale of morality? Of course not. But when has the league ever cared about morality?

i completely agree, what Ridley did was dumb and careless

however, what Stephen Ross did was legit outright dangerous.. he is actually one of the primary stakeholders in that entity AND dude explicitly incentivized his coach who he later fired to throw games

ridley should have known better, but I wouldn’t exactly kill him or anyone for being dismissive of it

but what Ross did legit hurts both entities image to the public and has HUGE financial ramifications on a party to the partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom