2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Serious question, are there any Nets fans here and is anyone at all happy with the direction of that franchise?  The Nets seems to be in a terrible place for the next decade.+

No ones going to be happy with a team that wasted away every single asset they could possibly have. Luckily, once you have a smart patient GM, it never takes THAT long to get back on track in the NBA. Sean Marks could definitely be that guy. Happy with everything he's done so far. Trading Thad for a first rounder is huge. If Lamb + 22 are available, we need to look into that.

Rose trade got people ready to jump ship :lol:  I can understand the pain though.

:smh:

I'm hoping it's heat of the moment type of reaction.
If not :smh: @ some of my Bulls fam jumping ship. As it turns out some were just Derrick fans and not true Bulls fan.

You know I try to be logical about things, but I'VE HAD IT bro :smh: .. I was ready to jumpship when we went with Curry/Chandler :smh: but I stuck it out. Now I'm officially defeated :frown:

Bullies till I die but I'm definitely not messing with these fools until the FO is cleansed with holy water like I've mentioned countless times in the season thread.

For now, Minnesota and Thibs will be my main focus next season :lol:
I been saying brother

Anyway 651 and the other Minny fans don't like us bandwaggoners :frown:

****, come aboard...You have every right to. I just despise bandwagon fans, but I guess it's not that serious.

I know right.

One of the fakest dudes alive. On my **** list right below Bron Bron.

Can y'all explain? Not really getting why y'all hating on Jimmy's post about D Rose

Jimmy been Hollywood. The only player to pass up on player retreats. Not getting along with any of the veterans, especially Noah. The only players that don't dislike him are the new players. He doesn't talk to Rose. Lol and he makes a post making it seem like him and him are boys. ****.

I swear to God Jimmy is LeBron but without the talent. Smh.

Last edited:
Can y'all explain? Not really getting why y'all hating on Jimmy's post about D Rose
Jimmy came in talking about he was this humble kid from Tomball Texas... That all changed rather quickly.

He was the NUMBER 1 culprit behind the Thibs firing from the players side, stating he worked them too hard, stating the practices were too much. He started getting buck with all the Veterans in the locker room, to the point where Joakim Noah had to tell him to chill before it got physical between the two. He turned Hollywood, even people within the Org don't rock with his demeanor, it's heavily reported in CHI media.

Fast forward to last training camp  he made comments like  " I want to be the PG" acting as if Rose wasn't there. Then he complained publicly that they needed a coach who push them harder and hold them accountable.. FOH fam, you had that in Thibs yet you ran him out the door. He fake humble / fake all around, he wants to be the leader, we gon see what type of player he becomes this year when he doesn't have someone like Rose next to him to take all the pressure off from a performance stand point and spotlight standpoint. Rose was from the crib and got bashed consistently in the media, he took that pressure off everyone else. Lets see how Jimmy handles being the face of a trash team, they'll turn on him just like they did Rose. It's easy to get off when nobody expects you, not he's the only threat people have to gameplan for when the Bulls come into their city, lets see how he does now.

Last edited:
Jimmy probably had to spend hours looking for a pic that made it seem like they were boys. Fake dude. If they were really boys Rose wouldn't be a Knick. That's real talk.

Rose basically got better each month of the season, peaking at Feb when he was at 22/5/6 for the month.

Then Jimmy came back in March & Rose's scoring volume dipped, but his efficiency improved. 46% from the field, 40% from 3.

All that to say, Rose still has a pulse & he can spend the entire offseason working out instead of rehab. I expect him to be in the all star conversation next year. I think Chicago moved him too early.

Time will tell. Horny's offense has been kind to guards in the past.

Last edited:
Jimmy probably had to spend hours looking for a pic that made it seem like they were boys. Fake dude. If they were really boys Rose wouldn't be a Knick. That's real talk.

The only beef Jimmy and Derrick had was on the basketball court. Their playing styles did not work together in tandem. KC Johnson said this, and others reverberated it.

Last edited:
How does Jimmy Butler post that up on IG and not expect to see people raise their eyebrows?

I'm a Knicks fan and even I know those two never got along :lol:

The thing that intrigues me the most is when did Butler become such a primadonna? I remember not too long ago he was this quiet humble dude who played some tough defense on LeBron. I guess those 50 point games got to his head.

Last edited:
$10 million in 2017 isn't the same $10 million it was 2014.

It's still crazy though.

Ehhh 10Ms for delly isnt that bad to me

Yeah he got benched in the playoffs but for most of the season he was a very solid back up. Didnt turn it over, shot it very well from deep.

Rose basically got better each month of the season, peaking at Feb when he was at 22/5/6 for the month.

Then Jimmy came back in March & Rose's scoring volume dipped, but his efficiency improved. 46% from the field, 40% from 3.

All that to say, Rose still has a pulse & he can spend the entire offseason working out instead of rehab. I expect him to be in the all star conversation next year. I think Chicago moved him too early.

Time will tell. Horny's offense has been kind to guards in the past.

Rose is guaranteed to ball out.

ClmX4mKWYAAV06o.jpg

laugh.gif
 A+ for effort

The only beef Jimmy and Derrick had was on the basketball court. Their playing styles did not work together in tandem. KC Johnson said this, and others reverberated it.

If you followed KC Johnson or any other Bulls writers then you would know it's been a split locker room all season.

There were multiple reports that there was turmoil on and off the floor within the entire locker room.

With the comments Butler was making publicly...you really think that off the floor there wouldn't be any problems?

Last edited:
D rose is going to have a very good contract year and trick someone into a big deal next summer. Horny + Rose will be fine health provided

And rose is still pretty young. Not related, but this is why Im in favor of pros and high level prospects dipping from college after a year. The outlook on rose would look much different if he was 29 or 30 right now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom