2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Maybe if I'm the Knicks, I throw 20 mil at HB for this yr. Throw him a bone and a second chance and if neither Derrick or HB pans out then you have a LOT of money come off the books.

Derrick Holiday HB Melo and Porzingis has got to be better than whatever they were running last yr
HB is gonna get more than 20 Mill offered to him in a long term contract from some bottom feeder team. I think dude will probably just take any long term contract he can get this offseason and ball and put up decent numbers with a bad team until his time is up.

With rose it's almost as if nobody took into account other issues & fit as far as the Bulls last year either.

Hoilberg offense wasn't exactly uptempo at all, compared to the system he's gonna be coming into with the Knicks it's almost night and day... You add into the fact that instead of Mirotic & Gasol being the guys who are in the post it's now Melo & Porzingis. He will be able to run the pick and roll much easier and i think he will be able to live in the paint this season.

I fully expect about 20 & 6 from Rose on about 43-45% shooting. My only concern for him is of course the injuries, however as long as the knicks don't try to create a "contender" this year and pull some BK Nets **** this team can be a top 6 seed in the east. If i'm Phil my biggest concern going into the offseason is now 1) A backup Center 2) A bunch of shooters

I would LOVE Joakim for the Knicks but if he's demanding anything more than 11-12 per year i'm not sure it's worth it. Horford would fit in perfect but Signing him would essentially Handicap them for years only to still get bumped by the Cavs for the next 2-3 seasons.

Maybe if I'm the Knicks, I throw 20 mil at HB for this yr. Throw him a bone and a second chance and if neither Derrick or HB pans out then you have a LOT of money come off the books.

Derrick Holiday HB Melo and Porzingis has got to be better than whatever they were running last yr

HB is gonna get more than 20 Mill offered to him in a long term contract from some bottom feeder team. I think dude will probably just take any long term contract he can get this offseason and ball and put up decent numbers with a bad team until his time is up.

Mitch, Jim, and Jeanie are salivating

Lopez is a solid center and at 14 mill is a bargain compared to what some of these other centers will be getting this offseason.

That Bulls team had it all. Prime Derrick Rose, best defense in the league, best benchmob in the league, outside shooting, size , and best coach. Bulls would've beat the Heat that season. I guarantee it. I'd bet my unborn baby on it, the deed to my house, my car title, and my 155 pairs of shoes, my stock in Apple, and my puppy.

no they wouldn't have. LOL
Delusion is so funny.

In Sean Marks, I trust.
I was kinda hoping we'd make the same move the Knicks made for Rose. Sean ain't a magician though
Not me. Whatever Sean Marks thinks is good I'm all for it. With ownership out of the way and King gone, I trust Marks a lot more. If he says trading Thad Young is the best way to go (which probably will do) I'm with it.

I think Young will be traded for a pick and/or young players

Last edited:
Serious question, are there any Nets fans here and is anyone at all happy with the direction of that franchise?  The Nets seems to be in a terrible place for the next decade.+

Serious question, are there any Nets fans here and is anyone at all happy with the direction of that franchise?  The Nets seems to be in a terrible place for the next decade.+
Literally 2 posted just above you 
laugh.gif

And to answer your second question, now that there's a new GM and ownership will take a back seat, yes

Dunno if this has been posted yet.

User Actions
   Follow
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account‏@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: Charlotte's offering No. 22 - if team will take contract of Spencer Hawes or Jeremy Lamb. Hornets need space to re-sign free agents
they really want to offload lamb? i thought he was a very solid backup for last season beside Lin and he just signed that long contract too

and dellavedova starting to get offer from other teams too, at least 10 mil from either bucks or pistons

http://www.foxsports.com.au/basketb...o/news-story/c735a036c8712252e629ac85f7e44a42

Last edited:
And some people thought Barnes wasn't going get paid

Can't wait to see the money that gets thrown around

Does anyone think ESPN is looking at **** like this and thinking "Yup, we definitely overpaid" 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom