2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I have no idea what Bulls fans thought they were gonna get for 2016 Derrick Rose. From a sentimental standpoint, I get it. Hometown kid and future superstar gets picked #1 by the local team, goes on to win MVP, and now gets traded to a traditional rival.

Put the sentimental part aside though, you guys are really pissed about this from a basketball standpoint? How? What exactly did you think Rose could've commanded in return when he hasn't been good in 4 years?

Did you watch him play the 2nd half of this season? I'm not gonna say he was "back" but he played well. He was actually getting to the basket all year, but not finishing them until the 2nd half. He seemed to finally realize he's not a 3 point shooter and stopped taking as many.
Not to mention he played 66 games.
He wasn't MVP rose but I don't think he ever will be that guy again, but it was good to see him playing at a higher level
I wanted to see him play here for at least the 1st half of next season to see if he continued to progress. I guess the front office didn't want to take a chance

Found this on reddit
View media item 2078267

Last edited:
I want to slander the front off for letting Rose go.

The guy had his first healthy season just tis past year. Give him this year to see what he really has in the tank. Front office gave up too early on their franchise kid form the city. :smh:

Indiana isn't really going to move up in the standings signing Jeff Teague. He's one of the better point guards in the world, but That doesn't make Indiana better at all. To me, at least.

Gordon Hayward really wants out? Utah is probably gonna be in the playoffs next season. Maybe Gordon Hayward doesn't think they'll contend.

I have a feeling like Trey Burke is gonna be gone. :smh: I really liked him coming out of Kansas. He had a good rookie season but with the coaching changes he's gotten less & less playing time.

He's gonna have a great contract year. Book it.

This is all I was waiting for. To see what he really can do for a new paycheck..and Butler might not even be the same player anymore post injury.

Bulls FO will be sorry. Interested to see all this roll out.

I'd be Super Excited to get Rose in the current situation.

His contract year too.

And....really his 2nd year after a major injury, his time is now, if it's ever. I'd be stoked at THAT possibility in comparison to any other, if I was fanning Knicks.

Last edited:
And gar foreman was trying to sell us on Calderon at the press confrence. Saying all types of praise. I would of thrown something at his ***. . :lol:
How could he think people want to hear that bs

Last edited:

Only in Cleveland would they start shooting at the cavs rally smh...1 chick I grew up with witnessed it happen and hella other people vouched for the situation as well
Not so fast...same thing went down at the Dubs rally last year.
5 people were shot at the GSW rally last year, Cleveland only had 2 people shot. And we had more people at our parade. 2 shootings in a group of 1.5 Mill people? Better than 90% of cities who had smaller parades.

Conley better not leave.

Actually the more I rationalize this, no way he leaves his man Gasol.

Dude took a trip to Spain to recruit Gasol baack when Gasol should have signed a 2yr w/ a Player option to take advantage of the rising cap but.....

That's all I have to say about that, Conley will be a Grizzly again, bet that.
I want to know Derrick's thoughts on this, but knowing him he won't talk until he's speaking to Knicks media in October
laugh.gif
Lets just hope it is a better entrance interview than his one from last year.

Get him a Media Coach Phil, please.

And gar foreman was trying to sell us on Calderon at the press confrence. Saying all types of praise. I would of thrown something at his ***. . :lol:
How could he think people want to hear that bs

I swear to god....if he starts for us............

I have no idea what Bulls fans thought they were gonna get for 2016 Derrick Rose. From a sentimental standpoint, I get it. Hometown kid and future superstar gets picked #1 by the local team, goes on to win MVP, and now gets traded to a traditional rival.

Put the sentimental part aside though, you guys are really pissed about this from a basketball standpoint? How? What exactly did you think Rose could've commanded in return when he hasn't been good in 4 years?

Did you watch him play the 2nd half of this season? I'm not gonna say he was "back" but he played well. He was actually getting to the basket all year, but not finishing them until the 2nd half. He seemed to finally realize he's not a 3 point shooter and stopped taking as many.
He wasn't MVP rose but I don't think he ever will be that guy again, but it was good to see him playing at a higher level
I wanted to see him play here for at least the 1st half of next season to see if he continued to progress. I guess the front office didn't want to take a chance

Found this on reddit
View media item 2078267

Gar Pax got bodied in this trade. 3 years of robin Lopez ~14MM per :smh:

Found this on reddit
View media item 2078267

I knew he was balling post December but I didn't know it was like that.

Y'all really fooled by his overall numbers and not taking to account how far down his October and November numbers bring them down. :lol:

You guys will learn.

Plus Knicks doctors and trainers > the ones in Chicago, I'm sure. That's huge. :lol:

Last edited:
We? WE?! Did he really just say that? This is the same ************* idiot that hired Mark ******* Jackson who didn't have a goddamn clue what he was doing on offense! Lacob is like NTers who predict a million things that don't come true but brag about being Nostradamus when one finally does. Fling **** at the wall, something is bound to stick because even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Maybe if I'm the Knicks, I throw 20 mil at HB for this yr. Throw him a bone and a second chance and if neither Derrick or HB pans out then you have a LOT of money come off the books.

Derrick Holiday HB Melo and Porzingis has got to be better than whatever they were running last yr

Maybe if I'm the Knicks, I throw 20 mil at HB for this yr. Throw him a bone and a second chance and if neither Derrick or HB pans out then you have a LOT of money come off the books.

Derrick Holiday HB Melo and Porzingis has got to be better than whatever they were running last yr
You're extremely disrespectful right now.

I didn't pay attention when it dropped but I checked out the Dunk King on YouTube.

Jordan Kilganon got robbed
Height bias wins again

Found this on reddit
that's why rose doesn't deserve 2011 MVP award, it was absolutely ridiculous when it happens. everyone agree lebron is the real MVP on that year

Devestated.
I knew he was balling post December but I didn't know it was like that.

Y'all really fooled by his overall numbers and not taking to account how far down his October and November numbers bring them down.
laugh.gif

You guys will learn.

Plus Knicks doctors and trainers > the ones in Chicago, I'm sure. That's huge.
laugh.gif
He truly shouldn't have been playing In Late Oct/November.. That Eye issue was no joke.. But he knew he couldn't take that backlash, he went out there with basically one eye and still gave as much of an effort as he could to contribute to the team, but the Chi media don't want to hear that though.

He was the city's favorite son, now he's been shipped off for nothing.

Hoping he kills hoping he makes the best of this fresh start.

Back
Top Bottom