2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

"If you ask me what position I play, I play point guard"- jimothy butler last year

Dude is a clown.

It sounds like he was out there working hard and improving his game and actually leading his squad while Deitrick picked out his next uniform from the Men's Wearhouse. I don't blame any rookie for siding with Jimmy because they probably saw the work he was putting in to improve his game while all they knew about Detrick was what they saw from old highlights on Youtube. Could things have been handled better? Yes, but the lengths at which people try to deflect blame from a dude that quit on his team after being medically cleared is amazing.

You're making this about Rose when several people in here are telling you that there were other players that had a problem with Butler.

You can stand on the "he was the only one" working hard angle if you want but where there's smoke there's fire. The common denominator in the team wide turmoil appeared to be Jimmy Butler.

Last edited:
We all should be seen this coming when months ago they dismissed Jen Swanson, the lady who oversaw Derrick's acl rehab and promoted Butler's trainers :rofl:

Can you blame him? Look at how well Rose bounced back from surgery. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] he's BYKE.

If the Celtics draft Dunn, what does that mean for Thomas? I'd trade him if I were Ainge. Short guards don't really stay too long in the NBA.

They're trying to get Noel from the Sixers who desperately want Dunn.

Also DeAndre Jordan is on the Olympic team...yikes

Did you watch him play the 2nd half of this season? I'm not gonna say he was "back" but he played well. He was actually getting to the basket all year, but not finishing them until the 2nd half. He seemed to finally realize he's not a 3 point shooter and stopped taking as many.

Not to mention he played 66 games.

He wasn't MVP rose but I don't think he ever will be that guy again, but it was good to see him playing at a higher level

I wanted to see him play here for at least the 1st half of next season to see if he continued to progress. I guess the front office didn't want to take a chance

Found this on reddit
View media item 2078267
that's why rose doesn't deserve 2011 MVP award, it was absolutely ridiculous when it happens. everyone agree lebron is the real MVP on that year

explain *** 32-10-5 arent mvp numbers? what did bron avg?

while we
re on the subject of who should've got what, kobe was robbed in 06. f stevie

I used to hate Rose...then Jimmy popped up. This dude,
Man.

Hope Rose balls in NY. If they can sign one of the big centers I'm all in on the knicks. I hted the Amare knicks. I love the Melo/KP/Rose knicks.

Knicks should just overpay Barnes for a yr and see what happens. Maybe Noah will be down to take a paycut to be back home in NY. :nerd:

Last edited:
I thought the bulls were looking to move both..

guess that aint happening no more

Knicks should just overpay Barnes for a yr and see what happens. Maybe Noah will be down to take a paycut to be back home in NY. :nerd:

Hmm, for one year? Not a bad idea

All I know is that we rather to have a 8-9 men deep rotation

No one has ever averaged 32, 10, & 5. :lol:

Freeze keeps getting per game confused with per 100 possessions. He thought Shaq averaged 40 too.

NEW YORK KNICKS ‏@nyknicks · 5m5 minutes ago
Welcome to the #Knicks, @drose.

It feels so right
pimp.gif
WATTBA

Sheesh, aint know Jimmy was a pain like that. He got the keys to the car now, let's see how he feels behind the wheel. That superstardom life comes at u fast and now the spotlight is on u and not Rose.

I'd like to see Noah go to GSW, I feel like he fits their system. I don't know what system the Knicks have for somebody to fit but I'm sure Noah wouldn't fit it :lol:

man Butler got some of you in your feels...

even got Bulls fans jumping ship [emoji]128514[/emoji]

WATTBA

Back
Top Bottom