2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

I dont see how you clipper fans can still support this team with sterling still your owner and his wife lurking the staples center like a slave master.

And these scum refuse to sell the team

Last edited:
thunder match up better with the spurs, mostly because westbrook and kd is a mismatch for anyone and everyone

Smh no words for that ending. Clips should have never been in that position to begin with

Smh no words for that ending. Clips should have never been in that position to begin with
two how the hell did they lose this game games

game 6 here we come 
pimp.gif

History has a way of repeating itself. If history is repeating itself now this Clippers/Thunder saga will end in a Game 7 Clippers win in OT as this series is playing out exactly like the 2002 WCF. The similarities are too glaring for me to ignore. Ironically, Los Angeles is involved again, albeit the Clippers this time. The higher seed is the widely popular small market team in Oklahoma City, as was Sacramento.

- Game 1: The Los Angeles teams won convincingly with superb shooting.
- Game 2: Kings and Thunder won with a much better effort than Game 1 and LA's premire guard did not erupt.
- Game 3: Kings and Thunder win in impressive fashion while Los Angeles looks lackadaisical.
- Game 4: This is where it gets really interesting. Both Los Angeles teams won, and both came back from 20+ point deficits. Each of the comeback victories had an unlikely hero producing the ultimate outcome with almost the exact same score (100-99 / 101-99).
- Game 5: Now we get to tonight. The Kings and Thunder both won with highly controversial calls with under a minute in regulation. Chris Webber appeared to have touched the ball last as it went out with 11.4 seconds left. The Kings were awarded the ball and Mike Bibby converted the game winner on a controversial play. Tonight, Reggie Jackson appeared to have touch the ball last with 11.3 seconds left but OKC was awarded the ball and Russell Westbrook came up with the game winner on a controversial play...

Now we head to Game 6...

What happened in game 6?

Last edited:
History has a way of repeating itself. If history is repeating itself now this Clippers/Thunder saga will end in a Game 7 Clippers win in OT as this series is playing out exactly like the 2002 WCF. The similarities are too glaring for me to ignore. Ironically, Los Angeles is involved again, albeit the Clippers this time. The higher seed is the widely popular small market team in Oklahoma City, as was Sacramento.

- Game 1: The Los Angeles teams won convincingly with superb shooting.
- Game 2: Kings and Thunder won with a much better effort than Game 1 and LA's premire guard did not erupt.
- Game 3: Kings and Thunder win in impressive fashion while Los Angeles looks lackadaisical.
- Game 4: This is where it gets really interesting. Both Los Angeles teams won, and both came back from 20+ point deficits. Each of the comeback victories had an unlikely hero producing the ultimate outcome with almost the exact same score (100-99 / 101-99).
- Game 5: Now we get to tonight. The Kings and Thunder both won with highly controversial calls with under a minute in regulation. Chris Webber appeared to have touched the ball last as it went out with 11.4 seconds left. The Kings were awarded the ball and Mike Bibby converted the game winner on a controversial play. Tonight, Reggie Jackson appeared to have touch the ball last with 11.3 seconds left but OKC was awarded the ball and Russell Westbrook came up with the game winner on a controversial play...

Now we head to Game 6...
so you're saying that okc will miss a bunch of freethrows in games 6 and 7 and choke the series away? 
nerd.gif

Unrelated note, but players get criticized for not making sacrifices in favor of winning, but didn't SVG do the same thing by choosing Detroit over GSW?

What better way to avoid any front office ******** than running the front office yourself? I bet he heard all the stories that was going on with Joe Lacob meddling and thought better of it, even with the better roster and location. And there's a lot more pressure to win immediately with the Warriors than the Pistons.

Plus I bet the Mark Jackson-Jeff Van Gundy relationship played a factor in his decision.

Damb!

Looked at the box score this morning looks like I missed a hell of a game last night, was tired as hell and crashed out once it got to halftime 
mean.gif

I slept on it too. Looks like the clippers got robbed.

The call was wrong but when you get out scored 17-3 down the stretch I have no sympathy for you.

Wizards last night had the 3rd highest rebound differential in NBA playoff history going plus 39. Also the biggest differential since 1971.

Last edited:
slept through the second half of the game last night and found the tnt panel to be especially frustrating to watch. they were extra all over the place

The end of Thunder/Clippers was some of the worse PG play I've seen. Paul and Russ were just bailing each other out with nonsense.

Thank you Chuck for pointing out coaches get to much of the blame. Chuck and Kenny said these players have the basketball IQ of children at times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom