2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
That out of bounds rule barely makes sense and applies perfectly to tonight's game. I swear Adam Silver slipped that in there tonight before anyone checked :lol:

And I've seen it go the opposite way so many times... Kobe knocking it off of KG in the 2010 Finals :nerd:

That out of bounds rule barely makes sense and applies perfectly to tonight's game. I swear Adam Silver slipped that in there tonight before anyone checked
laugh.gif

And I've seen it go the opposite way so many times... Kobe knocking it off of KG in the 2010 Finals
nerd.gif
i mean.. how is it even a real rule when that kind of play happens every game and they always look for who touched it last 
laugh.gif

i think the rule book has hundreds of random rules like that for them to point to in case of emergency 

Without going through every page...

1. Refs were awful both ways tonight. Just embarrassing

2. Paul was tryna jump and make it look like a 3pt attempt when Russ came to foul/strip him right? If so that's the dumbest play he's made in his career

3. The ball was probably off Jackson but could've also called the foul on Barnes. Either way can't believe Jackson didn't pass that **** lol

4. No matter what you think Paul did foul Russ on that 3pt attempt, clearly. And for Russ to go down and knock em all down is just pure ice in the veins

5. And even after all that Paul had a chance to redeem himself and win it for his team and he got greedy, the open 15 footer was there but for whatever reason he wanted to get closer. And miss me with saying he was fouled on that, hell nah

6. And lastly I just gotta say Scott brooks is literally the worst coach I've ever seen win games. He's such a negative for that team it's hard to put into words

One last thing, both these teams play some dumbass basketball. They just got so much talent it don't matter on most nights. It's frustrating and I don't even care who wins. These players gotta get their IQ level up

Last edited:

Hope the Thunder win so that Pop can dismantle Brooks in the WCF and hopefully the FO takes action.
Like when 10 and 0 Pop lost 4 straight to Brooks in 2012?

K
The Spurs WON'T make it to the Finals if they have to face OKC. Okc will run those guys out of the gym. That is one matchup that is actually favorable for Okcs nonexistent ball movement.

Last edited:
History has a way of repeating itself. If history is repeating itself now this Clippers/Thunder saga will end in a Game 7 Clippers win in OT as this series is playing out exactly like the 2002 WCF. The similarities are too glaring for me to ignore. Ironically, Los Angeles is involved again, albeit the Clippers this time. The higher seed is the widely popular small market team in Oklahoma City, as was Sacramento.

- Game 1: The Los Angeles teams won convincingly with superb shooting.
- Game 2: Kings and Thunder won with a much better effort than Game 1 and LA's premire guard did not erupt.
- Game 3: Kings and Thunder win in impressive fashion while Los Angeles looks lackadaisical.
- Game 4: This is where it gets really interesting. Both Los Angeles teams won, and both came back from 20+ point deficits. Each of the comeback victories had an unlikely hero producing the ultimate outcome with almost the exact same score (100-99 / 101-99).
- Game 5: Now we get to tonight. The Kings and Thunder both won with highly controversial calls with under a minute in regulation. Chris Webber appeared to have touched the ball last as it went out with 11.4 seconds left. The Kings were awarded the ball and Mike Bibby converted the game winner on a controversial play. Tonight, Reggie Jackson appeared to have touch the ball last with 11.3 seconds left but OKC was awarded the ball and Russell Westbrook came up with the game winner on a controversial play...

Now we head to Game 6...

Unrelated note, but players get criticized for not making sacrifices in favor of winning, but didn't SVG do the same thing by choosing Detroit over GSW?

Not sure how it went down but would you sign with a team that just threw their head coach in a trash can after a very good season with a young team?

History has a way of repeating itself. If history is repeating itself now this Clippers/Thunder saga will end in a Game 7 Clippers win in OT as this series is playing out exactly like the 2002 WCF. The similarities are too glaring for me to ignore. Ironically, Los Angeles is involved again, albeit the Clippers this time. The higher seed is the widely popular small market team in Oklahoma City, as was Sacramento.

- Game 1: The Los Angeles teams won convincingly with superb shooting.
- Game 2: Kings and Thunder won with a much better effort than Game 1 and LA's premire guard did not erupt.
- Game 3: Kings and Thunder win in impressive fashion while Los Angeles looks lackadaisical.
- Game 4: This is where it gets really interesting. Both Los Angeles teams won, and both came back from 20+ point deficits. Each of the comeback victories had an unlikely hero producing the ultimate outcome with almost the exact same score (100-99 / 101-99).
- Game 5: Now we get to tonight. The Kings and Thunder both won with highly controversial calls with under a minute in regulation. Chris Webber appeared to have touched the ball last as it went out with 11.4 seconds left. The Kings were awarded the ball and Mike Bibby converted the game winner on a controversial play. Tonight, Reggie Jackson appeared to have touch the ball last with 11.3 seconds left but OKC was awarded the ball and Russell Westbrook came up with the game winner on a controversial play...

Now we head to Game 6...
nerd.gif

Craziness! 

Only difference is those 2 teams were the best teams in the NBA and that series in 02 was pretty much for the championship. This one, not so much.

And was there any type of strange ownership situation going on with the Lakers in 02? if so, Illuminati! 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom