2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hate for Lebron goes on

It's like being mad at a girl because she won't sleep with you, it always looks bad.

Bruh...it's like I can't even watch the series with NT this go around. People are OD. Just reaching for Lulz. Trying to be funny, OD'ing on the hate.

Like he's a 2 time champion, performed in a game 7 of the NBA finals just last year and people really jumping on him for not being able to play with obviously a bad cramp. He even came back in, scored, and it was obvious he couldn't go after that. But no, people so damn thirsty to hate on Lebron they completely throw out how it's virtually impossible to play with a really bad cramp.

And what makes it worse is dudes who haven't even seriously hooped a day in their lives passing judgement on Lebron friggin James for getting a cramp in those conditions. Incredible.

The hate for Lebron goes on

It's like being mad at a girl because she won't sleep with you, it always looks bad.

Bruh...it's like I can't even watch the series with NT this go around. People are OD. Just reaching for Lulz. Trying to be funny, OD'ing on the hate.

Like he's a 2 time champion, performed in a game 7 of the NBA finals just last year and people really jumping on him for not being able to play with obviously a bad cramp. He even came back in, scored, and it was obvious he couldn't go after that. But no, people so damn thirsty to hate on Lebron they completely throw out how it's virtually impossible to play with a really bad cramp.

And what makes it worse is dudes who haven't even seriously hooped a day in their lives passing judgement on Lebron friggin James for getting a cramp in those conditions. Incredible.

I know right. It's a "tough" crowd around here. Like everyone's done something so great as what LeBrons done much less show up to work on time.

But blasting people with GIFS keep chins up these days I guess. I guess

It's because Kobe tore his Achilles, and made two free throws and walked of, therefore making him the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. :lol:

Last edited:
It's because Kobe tore his Achilles, and made two free throws and walked of, therefore making him the reincarnation of Jesus Christ.
laugh.gif
if anything i'd use kobes game 4 against indiana when he stepped up huge late in the 4th and overtime when shaq fouled out when he did all that with a sprained ankle if i'm going to praise kobe.

seeing people get on lebron and mock the cramps is corny though no matter what team or player you like. 

if anything taking him out was the smart move.  its game 1 of the finals of what potentially and probably will go 6 or 7.   its best off playing it safe rather then risk any more potential injury and have him miss time in the finals.   

seeing magic and byron scott miss significant time in the 89 finals, or worthy missing a good chunk of 91 due to injuries early in the series makes me a believer in playing it safe.

heat got 2 days off between now and sunday.  let lebron come back strong.  this game was there's to win,  take care of business sunday and go back home with a split rather then taking a risk to win game 1 that could have potentially costly consequences for the rest of the series. 

And the Poster that said "I've hooped many days in hot gyms with cramps and played through it"....man kudos to you but when you do it with an Arena of 18k plus and millions watching on the tele, then and only then

Alright, let's play turn back the clock for a moment....

Say in 2000 MJ never became part owner and president of basketball operations for the Wizards, and never went on to play for the Wizards, and he decided to comeback and play for a contender, for the 00-01 and 01-02 seasons.

Barring the Lakers (for obvious reasons), does anyone think MJ on the then Spurs, Blazers, or Kings would've led to a 7th ring?

Potential Spurs team with Jordan.

Parker
Jordan
Bowen
Duncan
Admiral

Potential Blazers team with Jordan

Damon Stoudamire
Jordan
Pippen
Sheed
Sabonis

Potential Kings team with Jordan

Bibby
Jordan
Peja
Webber
Divac

Any of these squads getting past the LakeGawds?

Last edited:
Alright, let's play turn back the clock for a moment....

Say in 2000 MJ never became part owner and president of basketball operations for the Wizards, and never went on to play for the Wizards, and he decided to comeback and play for a contender. for the 00-01 and 01-02 seasons.

Barring the Lakers (for obvious reasons), does anyone think MJ on the then Spurs, Blazers, or Kings would've led to a 7th ring?

Potential Spurs team with Jordan.

Parker
Jordan
Bowen
Duncan
Admiral

Potential Blazers team with Jordan

Damon Stoudamire
Jordan
Pippen
Sheed
Sabonis

Potential Kings team with Jordan

Bibby
Jordan
Peja
Webber
Divac

Any of these squads getting past the LakeGawds?
showtime lakers? i'm late joining in on this convo. i think it'll be a hard argument to say that any team should be favored against prime shaq. even though prime shaq lasted like 3-4 years or so and there's that ref controversey... prime shaq was just unstoppable. i grew up as the biggest kings fan/ai just cause i HATED how dominant shaq was.

so i'll say it and you guys can cry blasphemy but i would take shaq at his best over any other player in the history of the league. MDE. 

I'm sort of sympathetic to LeBron because I know cramps are no joke, but it's weird to me that he got cramps in the first place. I've played in gyms that were well over 90+ and didn't see dudes get cramps. You drink a bunch of water or Gatorade and generally you're ok. Weird that the best player in the world went down like that.

probably just a bad batch of steroids. he will be fine next game :lol:

Cramps hurt we get it... But this Biggs got carried off the court lmao. Seriously how soft is that, walk your *** to the sideline, your a grown *** man. No grown man with self respect is gonna get carried off the court unless they legit can't walk not because it hurts. Son jus always od with the theatrics

You know youre pathetic when you gotta bring someone else down to bring yourself up. Enjoy the rest of your night.

And you're pathetic to be here loving a game where the spurs got saved by cramps. lol
Durant is trash, and will never ever win a ring while Lebron is playing. keep that in your head, you have a nice off season buddy. Go chill in the thunder thread or something, real men who are in the nba finals are playing now.

Cramps hurt we get it... But this Biggs got carried off the court lmao. Seriously how soft is that, walk your *** to the sideline, your a grown *** man. No grown man with self respect is gonna get carried off the court unless they legit can't walk not because it hurts. Son jus always od with the theatrics
THIS

Why he aint take an IV... why he aint go back n get worked on

HE QUIT

"its not how you start its how you finish" - every athletic coach ive ever had

I'm pretty sure LeBron was getting treatment during his break in the middle of the fourth.

Last night was LeBJ's chance to have one of those defining games. Instead he was carried off the court. Why not go back and get an iv the moment he had the first spell of cramps. Instead he stayed on the floor and put on his best acting face for the camera...

If it was a later game in the series id assume he plays through it.

Game 1 though, not worth risking those cramps potentially turning into something else worse and potentially misses games in the series.

Last night was LeBJ's chance to have one of those defining games. Instead he was carried off the court. Why not go back and get an iv the moment he had the first spell of cramps. Instead he stayed on the floor and put on his best acting face for the camera...

It's all for ratings, he'll have a big game in game 2. Some other drama will unfold for game 3. Can't see the heat losing.

If it was a later game in the series id assume he plays through it.

Game 1 though, not worth risking those cramps potentially turning into something else worse and potentially misses games in the series.

If it was game 6 he'd be on the bench as well. I'm not sure where the confusion lies, If your leg is locked up and you can't bend it, you can't play

Yes, it makes perfect sense to throw game 1 just for ratings and have your injury be the main focus or explanation as to why they lost. Why didn't I think of this 1st

Last edited:
Its arguable. He might've tried to gut it out successfully or unsuccessfully if it were game 6 instead of game 1.

Same way, isiah Thomas would probably be more likely to sit out the rest of the game had he messed his ankle up in game 1 of the 88 finals instead of game 6.

I'm no lebron fan but the criticism he's been getting tonight is unwarranted.

THIS

HE QUIT

He quit after getting cramps?...which causes you not to move? LMAOOO! ok.

Why stay on the floor and be a liability with cramps? that doesn't make any sense! LMAO!

Game 1 down.

THIS

HE QUIT

He quit after getting cramps?...which causes you not to move? LMAOOO! ok.

Why stay on the floor and be a liability with cramps? that doesn't make any sense! LMAO!

Game 1 down.
I'd rather he be out on the floor and be a liability. Duh. :lol:

Its arguable. He might've tried to gut it out successfully or unsuccessfully if it were game 6 instead of game 1.

Same way, isiah Thomas would probably be more likely to sit out the rest of the game had he messed his ankle up in game 1 of the 88 finals instead of game 6.

I'm no lebron fan but the criticism he's been getting tonight is unwarranted.

I think the Zeke thing is a little different because that was moreso about pain tolerance than an inability to move. I think Zeke plays regardless though but maybe he gets overruled

Lots of things are unwarranted, but that's what comes w/ the territory. It is what it is in this day & age

Btw I can't wait to read through the thread, I know you guys have so many gems

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom