2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so far from the truth IMO. I've never, nor will ever agree with Lebrons decisions in pressure sitch's. I like his way of thinking/handling them.

I agree. I feel like people love the 6'6' hero ballplayers, so when they take fadeaway jumpers, and shots over 2 and 3 people for the win it's them "rising to the occasion" or them showcasing their "clutch gene." Lebron makes the right basketball play 99% of the time instead of forcing the issue.

Exactly. So smart. It's hard to be the man by not actually being the man. People should respect this.

I mean, you mention how taking the Heat was an annual thing, speaks volumes, etc, but you said you take Bron with ease over a guy that did just as much if not more, in a more difficult conference. *shrugs*

He played with Shaquille O'neal though, and I think that accounts for a lot as far as his finals appearances. He was clearly a second option for 3 of his finals appearances. That accounts for something.

And I would take Bron over him because flat out his impact on the game on both ends is better than Kobe's, not even counting MVP's, championship appearances, accolades, etc. At the end of the day, I would feel more confident with my team with Lebron as my #1 option as opposed to Kobe.

Looks like the thread about the finals will be the place to be post about current basketball while people argue about nonsense in here

So if Lebron was in the West he wouldn't chew through that conference either? Come on now. Come on

1 lebron ring in Cleveland > 6,7,8, lebron rings in Miami.

He took the easier route. No one should fault him or be mad because at the end of the day the rings are everything. But it should be noted that lebron doesn't like pressure. But the real greats do.

That's overdoing it, but yeah, 1 in Cleveland woulda been worth 2 in Miami.

3+...that's a different story.

Last edited:
He took the smart route

No, lebron took the route of someone who thought their window of opportunity was closing and listened to a lot of talking heads instead of being his own man. He made that god awful '07 cavs team a 2 seed and lead them through the playoffs and into the finals. Look at how lackluster the east still is. You mean to tell me that cavs team wouldn't have eventually gotten a championship?

No, lebron took the route of someone who thought their window of opportunity was closing and listened to a lot of talking heads instead of being his own man. He made that god awful '07 cavs team a 2 seed and lead them through the playoffs and into the finals. Look at how lackluster the east still is. You mean to tell me that cavs team wouldn't have eventually gotten a championship?
 \
IGN-Logo.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the thread about the finals will be the place to be post about current basketball while people argue about nonsense in here

This is the best this thread has been since umm, probably ever. Real basketball being discussed, real objective type convos. But maybe I am the only one that feels this way. Where'd all the regs go? To that other thread? Nah, nice to meet you, see you on Thursday I guess

Y'all still comparing LeBron with Bean?

Bean had everything handed to him on a platinum platter when he entered the league. And that was because he was a crybaby and demanded to be traded if drafted by certain teams. 19 years later, he's still the biggest crybaby in the league, and a disgrace to the male gender.

You gotta be really stupid to think that LeBron wouldn't have 7 Finals appearances and 5 or 6 rings in his first 8 years in the league if those first 8 years consisted of playing alongside Shaq.

Not to mention, it would have been longer than 8 years because he wouldn't have booted Shaq from the team because he's not a selfish, spoiled *****.

Out of all the Greats, I think Jordan probably came in with the worst situation.

Part of Jordan's greatness was how organic everything was with his career. From players like pippen developing, him struggling and developing, and Phil becoming a great coach.

Most of the Greats landed in great situations from the Get go. Jordan, not so much.

Out of all the Greats, I think Jordan probably came in with the worst situation.

Part of Jordan's greatness was how organic everything was with his career. From players like pippen developing, him struggling and developing, and Phil becoming a great coach.

Most of the Greats landed in great situations from the Get go. Jordan, not so much.

Orlando Woolridge was his 2nd option :lol: :x

Y'all still comparing LeBron with Bean?

Bean had everything handed to him on a platinum platter when he entered the league. And that was because he was a crybaby and demanded to be traded if drafted by certain teams. 19 years later, he's still the biggest crybaby in the league, and a disgrace to the male gender.

You gotta be really stupid to think that LeBron wouldn't have 7 Finals appearances and 5 or 6 rings in his first 8 years in the league if those first 8 years consisted of playing alongside Shaq.

Not to mention, it would have been longer than 8 years because he wouldn't have booted Shaq from the team because he's not a selfish, spoiled *****.

*applause*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom