2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the thought of prime Shaq with young Lebron 
eek.gif
sick.gif
Yup they would have won 6 straight

Out of all the Greats, I think Jordan probably came in with the worst situation.

Part of Jordan's greatness was how organic everything was with his career. From players like pippen developing, him struggling and developing, and Phil becoming a great coach.

Most of the Greats landed in great situations from the Get go. Jordan, not so much.
Orlando Woolridge was his 2nd option
laugh.gif
sick.gif
never forget 
eek.gif
nthat.gif

This lamekilla guy is so corny, new block list inductee.

:smh: at this Troll Fiesta that has been going on since last night.

Last edited:
LeBron barely beat a faded Tim Duncan last year man please. Son is mad lucky he came along when he did. Paul George is a top 10 player in the NBA that's how weak the talent pool is in the League is right now. LeBron is great but people love to over inflate the man's stature. 

One of my issues with Kobe is he never pulled an upset.  He never single handily drug to a team somewhere in the playoffs.

Like dude never won a playoff series without another all-NBA player on the roster.

Every time he won something he hands down had a better team.

I get not being able to win a championship like that but most all greats took a team somewhere they shouldn't went off sheer will.

When Kobe had mediocre teams he just folded up.

Last edited:
Out of all the Greats, I think Jordan probably came in with the worst situation.

Part of Jordan's greatness was how organic everything was with his career. From players like pippen developing, him struggling and developing, and Phil becoming a great coach.

Most of the Greats landed in great situations from the Get go. Jordan, not so much.

Orlando Woolridge was his 2nd option :lol: :x
And a washed up George Gervin :lol:

But shaq took him to 3 and he lost to the old Boston team

Whoa hold up champ. LOL you one of those dudes trying to say that Kobe rode Shaq tail to the Finals. If you were old enough to watch that era you should have seen what Kobe did. Both Kobe and Shaq were equal in term of contribution. Shaq was more important but to say that Kobe pigtailed Shaq to the Finals is bs.

One of my issues with Kobe is he never pulled an upset.  He never single handily drug to a team somewhere in the playoffs.

Like dude never won a playoff series without another all-NBA player on the roster.

I get not being able to win a championship like that but most all greats took a team somewhere they shouldn't went off sheer will.

He did drag his team to the playoffs. ( and then we all know what happened. 
tired.gif
)

I dont know if that counts.

Didnt he take a team with smush parker all the way to the finals.

Hell, it would be hard to find a solution for a player who shot 24fts a game during the last 4 games.
They had nobody to guard him. His midrange was automatic that playoffs run. His bank shot was automatic. Put that in with the attacking ability and there was nothing for them to do. Of course there was some bad calls but that's every series most of the calls were legit fouls. They had nobody to cover him

The 06 Lakers nearly would have upset the Suns but Kwame Brown failed to grab a deciding rebound in game 6. They were up 3-1 on the Suns.

Kobe basically took a team full of scrubs to battle against the #1 offensive team in the West that have 3 allstars. Nash, Merion, Amare plus a bunch of good role players, Diaw, Thomas, Raja Bell, Barbosa etc. Who did the Lakers have? Smush, Odom, Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Vujacic lol.

Lebron was only lucky he played on the East. The Cavs era Lebron would have trouble making it out the first or second round on the West. He went to the Finals in 07 and got exposed by the Spurs. Swept.

Imagine the Cavs lebron having to play against the Suns, Spurs, Mavericks in west playoff. Im sure they would get bounced early too.

Oh and Mo William was an allstar too.

Last edited:
They had nobody to guard him. His midrange was automatic that playoffs run. His bank shot was automatic. Put that in with the attacking ability and there was nothing for them to do. Of course there was some bad calls but that's every series most of the calls were legit fouls. They had nobody to cover him
The NBA Finals is like the only Finals were other NBA players that weren't even involved said officiating was fishy.

In that 30 for 30 short on the Kings, Phil Jackson was like yeah the officiating was bad but not as bad as the 2006 Finals
laugh.gif

Get the hell outta here.

TF? The fact that Kobe took a team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to the playoffs is a feat in and of itself. You think the talent on the Cavs was bad? Try looking at the what the Lakers had after Shaq was traded. Some of you dudes are straight senseless.

Last edited:

TF? The fact that Kobe took a team with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown to the playoffs is a feat in and of itself. You the talent on the Cavs were bad? Try looking at the what the Lakers had after Shaq was traded. Some of you dudes are straight senseless.
See Bron took a bad team to the Finals.

Kobe made the playoffs took a 3-1 lead and folded up. See the difference?

What Superstar ain't drug a bad team to the playoffs a time or two.

The greats drag them there and win a round or two.

1 lebron ring in Cleveland > 6,7,8, lebron rings in Miami.

He took the easier route. No one should fault him or be mad because at the end of the day the rings are everything. But it should be noted that lebron doesn't like pressure. But the real greats do.

That's overdoing it, but yeah, 1 in Cleveland woulda been worth 2 in Miami.

3+...that's a different story.

1 in nyc and he wouldve up there with derek jeter and all the great ny athletes

Whoa hold up champ. LOL you one of those dudes trying to say that Kobe rode Shaq tail to the Finals. If you were old enough to watch that era you should have seen what Kobe did. Both Kobe and Shaq were equal in term of contribution. Shaq was more important but to say that Kobe pigtailed Shaq to the Finals is bs.
lol at kobe equal to shaq.

People keep talking about Kobe dragging Smush Parker to the playoffs but Lamar Odom was on the team too.

Lamar Odom is better than any player Lebron ever played with until he got to Miami.

People keep talking about Kobe dragging Smush Parker to the playoffs but Lamar Odom was on the team too.

Lamar Odom is better than any player Lebron ever played with until he got to Miami.

Lamar Odom was so inconsistent. Mo william put up same stats as Odom anyway.

Odom never made the allstar. Mo william did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom