2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the hell is happening here
laugh.gif
no one knows.
@Antidope  was right.

I mean, you mention how taking the Heat was an annual thing, speaks volumes, etc, but you said you take Bron with ease over a guy that did just as much if not more, in a more difficult conference. *shrugs*

He played with Shaquille O'neal though, and I think that accounts for a lot as far as his finals appearances. He was clearly a second option for 3 of his finals appearances. That accounts for something.

And I would take Bron over him because flat out his impact on the game on both ends is better than Kobe's, not even counting MVP's, championship appearances, accolades, etc. At the end of the day, I would feel more confident with my team with Lebron as my #1 option as opposed to Kobe.

I know, Shaq. Cuz Bron a lonely dude out in Miami. I hear ya.

Dudes in here tryna downplay Kobe like he didn't drag that sorry *** team to the playoffs.

Nobody put on a show like Kobe during his prime. Those 50 point games in a row were :x

Guaranteed the same people hating on him will miss him when he's gone. Once in a generation type player

THIS

Call me crazy but I still feel like Kobe has one more in him. Granted A LOT of things are going to have to come his way first

:lol: It's not the help I was disputing. Anyone who gets to the finals is going to have all star level help, minimum. so Of course Bron has help in Miami. But he's clearly the #1 option in Miami. Shaq was clearly the best player on Kobe's first four championship appearances. And it's obvious. That's all i'm saying.

THIS

Call me crazy but I still feel like Kobe has one more in him. Granted A LOT of things are going to have to come his way first
Even if he just fades away into obscurity the things he did on the court were just amazing.

Maybe he didn't always approach things the "right" way but that combination of talent and work ethic is second to none. How anyone can hate on that is just crazy to me

Last edited:
How dudes try to discredit Kobe for playing alongside shaq and role players but praise lebron for linking up with 2 future hall of famers in their primes and adding the greatest shooter of all time on a team that is tailor made for his style is crazy. U throw those LBJ cabs teams in the west in 06 or any year around that time and u got a lottery team.

:lol: It's not the help I was disputing. Anyone who gets to the finals is going to have all star level help, minimum. so Of course Bron has help in Miami. But he's clearly the #1 option in Miami. Shaq was clearly the best player on Kobe's first four championship appearances. And it's obvious. That's all i'm saying.

So when the "#2" option drops 45 and 48, on the road, vs 57-60 win teams, at 22, I'm supposed to just let that be?

Or when he was 21, and closed that game 7 with 25-11-7 when Shaq was in shackles?
Or game 4 on the road, when Shaq fouled out and Kobe sealed the game with 8 straight.

That's what we wanna downplay? That's what we're doin?

Cuz I remember dominant Shaq quite well, I also remember quite a few extra vacations he took, and lots of 4th quarters he had to let the kid close due to his free throws.

But hey, #1, #2.

How dudes try to discredit Kobe for playing alongside shaq and role players but praise lebron for linking up with 2 future hall of famers in their primes and adding the greatest shooter of all time on a team that is tailor made for his style is crazy. U throw those LBJ cabs teams in the west in 06 or any year around that time and u got a lottery team.
Naw we just like to point how as soon as Kobe didn't have an all NBA player to play with(which he helped run off)he was whining and crying like a *****, demanding to be traded.

Lebron just happened to be a free agent.

Hes expected to win none while in the lebron era, thats why he will forever get unlimited passes as long as hes in the west

KD will get the pass forever b/c of:

Big 3 forming in their prime (not just Lebron)
West being significantly more competitive than the East for like a decade
OKC's team struggles/blunders: not adding a trade kicker to Harden's contract, Brooks' system (or lack thereof), the Westbrook alpha/catch 22

and because he's not self proclaiming like "the chosen 1"

It literally took TWO guys getting injured for Mo Williams to get into the allstar game.

Touting his lone all star appearance during any discussion is comical :lol:

I'm not able to revisit the #'s, but I swear I remember LA facing 50+ win teams in the First Round for multiple years and the East has how many in the whole conference? 2?

What was the Nets record this year, they get 50 wins? I know Charlotte came no where close, how did Brooklyn do?

So when the "#2" option drops 45 and 48, on the road, vs 57-60 win teams, at 22, I'm supposed to just let that be?

Or when he was 21, and closed that game 7 with 25-11-7 when Shaq was in shackles?
Or game 4 on the road, when Shaq fouled out and Kobe sealed the game with 8 straight.

That's what we wanna downplay? That's what we're doin?

Cuz I remember dominant Shaq quite well, I also remember quite a few extra vacations he took, and lots of 4th quarters he had to let the kid close due to his free throws.

But hey, #1, #2.
That's what a good 2nd option on a championship team does.

Naw we just like to point how as soon as Kobe didn't have an all NBA player to play with(which he helped run off)he was whining and crying like a *****, demanding to be traded.

Lebron just happened to be a free agent.
But dude can't win without 2 hof players tho. I mean what kind of argument is this really? I'm confused. If this was Cleveland lebron winning without having to put on his fusion earrings with wade n bosh I would understand. But u can't say player A couldn't win without a star and make a case for player B when player B teamed up with 2 stars and Jesus in a way weaker conference to win. And player had has won twice without said star... Unless I'm reading this wrong

You guys just continue to run circles

and for what?

Michael Jordan ran the league in his prime.

Kobe Bryant ran the league in his prime.

LeBron James is currently running the league in his prime.

You guys have your heads so far up your *****.

just appreciate this man.

arguing about Jordan vs Kobe vs Bron is just dumb and filled with opinions based on when people were born and who they root for.

Just let it go guys.

Last edited:
Without Kobe u really think Shaw has those rings? Without shaq Kobe doesn't have em either. But u can't downplay what dude did. If u didn't see it for yourself idk what to tell u, but the whole coat tail argument came from the dudes who hated Kobe and dudes that never actually saw them play

But dude can't win without 2 hof players tho. I mean what kind of argument is this really? I'm confused. If this was Cleveland lebron winning without having to put on his fusion earrings with wade n bosh I would understand. But u can't say player A couldn't win without a star and make a case for player B when player B teamed up with 2 stars and Jesus in a way weaker conference to win. And player had has won twice without said star... Unless I'm reading this wrong

!

You can't be this big of an idiot? I know some of you dudes are but seriously? When comparing something it's important that you take into account the level of competition that each team had to face correct? The West has been better than the East for almost 20 years correct? Who did LeBron beat in the East to actually make it to the finals? The Lakers lost to the best team in the NBA that year 4-3.

This is how weak LeBron's run was in 06-07 that you studs like to parrot. They beat not 1 but 2 500. teams in Washington and the Nets. They beat the over the hill Piston's who didn't even have Ben Wallace anymore. He made it to the championship game by default due to weak *** competition. He promptly got his *** swept by an end of his prime Tim Duncan. 

STOP TALKING ABOUT THE EAST LIKE THE HEAT DIDNT PLAY THE BEST TEAMS THERE TO GET TO THE FINALS.

In 2011, they played a still in prime mode Celtics in Rnd 2, and MADE it look easy by beating them 4-1, after in the regular season the celtics beat them 3-1. The heat just turned it up and made it look easy.
Then in the same play off season they played the BULLS, who had the number 1 seed, and the MVP OF THE NBA Rose. They beat them 4-1, after getting BLOWN out in game 1.AGAIN the heat made it look easy because they turned up their defense.

In 2012, the heat played the Pacers in the 2nd RND, where BOSH a key player to the heat GOT INJURED FOR THE REST OF THAT SERIES going into the next series. The Pacers with big men in the paint took a 2-1 lead on the heat going in to the heats weakness BIG MEN IN THE INSIDE. The Heat turned up the D, and Bron and Wade took over themselfs to get out of that series which was not easy in ANYWAY.

In 2012 Again the celtics were is a VERY GOOD team, and it went 7 games. Still a 3 star team. With pp kg and Allen. Again the heat did not have Bosh for the first 4 games AND still won in 7.

Then they went to the finals and took out the best team in the west the Thunder, who beat the Mavs 4-1, the lakers 4-1, and the spurs 4-2.
Again they made it look easy because they turned up the defense and took advantage of the thunders weakness.

In 2013 went 7 games with the Pacers again with having no inside presence. Series was not easy AT ALL.
They went on to beat the Spurs in 7 games. Ray Allen's 3 did not win the game, it tied it. Spurs had 5 secs in regulation to win and failed, went to OT, and STILL FAILED, went to game 7 and FAILED AGAIN. After the spurs swept the weak lakers, beat GS in 6, and swept the Grizzlies, they had a easier path than the heat to the finals.

2014, the heat beat the nets after being beat by them 4 times in the reg season. The heat beat them 4-1 only making it LOOK easy by turning up the defense.
2014 pacers number 1 seed, the team EVERYONE screamed would beat the Heat, the Heat made it look easy only because they found a whole new gear. It wasn't that the pacers played bad it was the heat MADE THEM PLAY BAD

So stop with all this cheat had it easy to make it to the finals, they only make it look easy by playing very we I the play offs.

Last edited:
You guys just continue to run circles

and for what?

Michael Jordan ran the league in his prime.

Kobe Bryant ran the league in his prime.

LeBron James is currently running the league in his prime.

You guys have your heads so far up your *****.

just appreciate this man.

arguing about Jordan vs Kobe vs Bron is just dumb and filled with opinions based on when people were born and who they root for.

Just let it go guys.
This.

Just appreciate these once in a generation type players for what they are.

I'm not a LeBron fan but I damn sure can appreciate his greatness

Kobe didnt run anything in his prime. He was phenomenal for a couple of years. But running the league? Are you guys serious?

Without Kobe u really think Shaw has those rings? Without shaq Kobe doesn't have em either. But u can't downplay what dude did. If u didn't see it for yourself idk what to tell u, but the whole coat tail argument came from the dudes who hated Kobe and dudes that never actually saw them play

Don't be silly, downplaying Kobe and saying he was #2 to Shaq isn't the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom