2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not discrediting Kobe. Trust me. Ofcourse teams were zoning in on him. He was the best scorer on the planet. They had to focus on him. What I'm saying is he was not as dominant as Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron. It wasnt the same fear.

Lol please dont bring Tmac in this discussion. I'm saying if those guys are 1A, kobe is 1B.

You have got to be kidding me. You really think hat Cavs team could beat that Cetics team in the play offs? Thats what was holding lebron, it was the celtics, it was 3 vs 1 when it came to them. NOW GRANTED if the Cavs never had to play the celtics, The Cavs would have BEAT The lakers in the finals...BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER NO ONE CARES ABOUT "WHAT IFS"

You really think lebron didn't sit down to himself, and think about what he needed to do to beat the celtics? You are crazy. Im positive he was the one who got everything going with that, because he wanted to win, and he wanted to win NOW, like everyone should. You don't want to wait and see what happens, thats not how you go about things when you have a goal you are trying to obtain. That NBA championship
ThemThem cavs wasn't beating LA back then stop stanning. Only east team that could touch LA was Boston because of the "big 3" lebron and role players would've got 4-1 easy. Dudes couldn't even beat Orlando back then [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

The ***** scored 81 pts in a basketball game how is he not a once in a generation player? That season alone shows what dude was capable of doing. U can't name many dudes that could've put up those numbers and wheeled their teams like he did. And the dudes u can name are.... Those generation talents

ANY STAR in the nba can score 81 points in a game if they ball hogged the ball like kobe does, and played a Raptors like team. the thing is, no other team nor coach would put up with that. So no.

To be honest with you I dont think anyone was running the league at that time. From 04-08, how can you run the league and not win it all once is my argument.

Lol you can't be serious. If that's your question then Kobe was running the league from 09-10 then? Cuz he won 2 rings then.

From 04-08 Kobe was the best player imo but it takes a team to win a championship.

KD might be the greatest scorer ever when its all said and done. He's quite possibly entering his prime, is he running anything right now?

ThemThem cavs wasn't beating LA back then stop stanning. Only east team that could touch LA was Boston because of the "big 3" lebron and role players would've got 4-1 easy. Dudes couldn't even beat Orlando back then [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

You crazy The Cavs would have took them out early. but it doesn't matter thats a "What If" statement. What ifs arnt helping anything

I ain't even a Kobe fan like that, but his body ain't even cold and they throwin that much dirt on him? :lol:

Yeah, if you were pickin, which of the 4 (in their prime) you'd rather deal with...okay. But "no one was ever afraid"? :nerd:

Anyways. I will always appreciate Kobe existing for this:

ANY STAR in the nba can score 81 points in a game if they ball hogged the ball like kobe does, and played a Raptors like team. the thing is, no other team nor coach would put up with that. So no.
I can almost guarantee they couldn't. Then here goes the raptors comment like they weren't a NBA team. If dudes can use that we can easily use the eastern conference as a reason why your boy has these easy trips to the finals. They played 2 raptoresque teams this off season

Y'all really think that CAVS team was THAT bad?

Revisionist history. I remember the Cavs thread being 100+ pages on NT, with people proclaiming them as the favorites.

I'm talking about the 08-10 Cavs teams. They had enough talent. They weren't a super team, but good enough talent to win the east.

You crazy The Cavs would have took them out early. but it doesn't matter thats a "What If" statement. What ifs arnt helping anything
There was no wade to help out or no bosh to hit big shots wasn't gone happen. Yolo and pau would've feasted and as I stated, they couldn't even beat the damn magic

Y'all really think that CAVS team was THAT bad?

Revisionist history. I remember the Cavs thread being 100+ pages on NT, with people proclaiming them as the favorites.

I'm talking about the 08-10 Cavs teams. They had enough talent. They weren't a super team, but good enough talent to win the east.

What was their record when Lebron left?

To be honest with you I dont think anyone was running the league at that time. From 04-08, how can you run the league and not win it all once is my argument.

Lol you can't be serious. If that's your question then Kobe was running the league from 09-10 then? Cuz he won 2 rings then.

From 04-08 Kobe was the best player imo but it takes a team to win a championship.

34-48
45-37
42-40
57-25

Lakers records during 04-08. His success only correlated with 1 great Laker team during his "prime." You cant be running the league like that.

Any star who? Yourself wish you can score 81 in an online NBA2k14 game let alone real life lol.

It still take a whole lot of skills to put up 81 in regulation my dude. This is the NBA not some recreational league. Your idol Lebron wishes he can score 81 in regulation. Don't forget my dude KObe also dropped 63 on the Mavs.

roll.gif
roll.gif
I ain't even a Kobe fan like that, but his body ain't even cold and they throwin that much dirt on him?
laugh.gif

Yeah, if you were pickin, which of the 4 (in their prime) you'd rather deal with...okay. But "no one was ever afraid"?
nerd.gif

Anyways. I will always appreciate Kobe existing for this:
This will forever be hilarious 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lol stop. Any star cant score 81 points. That was a special night.

I said my case. Kobe is my favorite player ever and one of the greatest scorers ever. But no, i dont think he ever "ran" the league.

34-48
45-37
42-40
57-25

Lakers records during 04-08. His success only correlated with 1 great Laker team during his "prime." You cant be running the league like that.

It TAKES a team to win a championship my dude. It's not Kobe fault that his teammates weren't good enough and he didn't get help until Gasol arrived and Lakers finally got some legitimates pieces to form a championship team in 09 season.

Last edited:
It does take a team to win it all. But when I think of running the league or dominating I think of the best player's TEAM just rolling through everyone.

I guess we have different defintions of "running" :lol:

Last edited:
Mo Williams and verajao played a combined 65 games the season after Bron Left.

Last edited:
Point is, he isn't doing anything we haven't seen.

4 Straight Finals appearances but he's not doing anything we haven't seen but alright.

Its rare, not unheard of.

Its an amazing feat, but like I said, he isn't doing anything that hasn't been done.

Who is doing something that hasn't been done? Who HAS done something that wasn't done before?

Exactly my point...

I'm not discrediting Kobe. Trust me. Ofcourse teams were zoning in on him. He was the best scorer on the planet. They had to focus on him. What I'm saying is he was not as dominant as Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron. It wasnt the same fear.

Lol please dont bring Tmac in this discussion. I'm saying if those guys are 1A, kobe is 1B.

What the hell? Kobe was just as dominant dude. Teams had to figure out how to stop him from scoring yet he still put up his 40 and 50. If that's not dominant then i don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom