2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
[thread="593997"]Quote:[/thread]
KGs body breaking down earlier than Duncan in no way shape or form indicates inferior basketball IQ. Stop it.
Yeah, but who's to say that if Duncan wasn't in Pop's system (which goes out of it's way to preserve his body) that he wouldn't be exposed? Duncan is still limited out there on the court whether you believe it or not.

KG had a much better peak in his career and was an overall more dominant player than TD for most of his career. It only culminated in one ring but KG was unfortunate to have only played with HOF players and a HOF coach in the back half of his career. If KG was in a system with someone as genius as Popovich for his entire career he might have even surpassed Duncan's success.

I need to know what Kevin Garnett did in his peak that was much better than Tim Duncan at his peak and how he was overall more dominant.

Be specific.

KG was just as good as Duncan period. The only difference is rings and the fact that Duncan's body has lasted longer. I give Duncan the nod based because of that but lets not act like KG wasn't on par. Duncan does some things better than KG and KG does some things better than Duncan. KG just played with far more inferior talent than TD for majority of his career. Did I really just see dude put Dirk ahead of KG on the all time power forward list 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Duncan

Malone

KG

Barkley

Dirk

Last edited:
Okay Im not going to explain how that was dishonest because it couldnt be any clearer.

2.) Im not a kobe fan, but I know that statment you said is 100% bs because a player couldnt go back to college after being drafted :lol:

3.) Ai got traded and was always a 6er at heart, miss me with that other bs.

4.) Maybe youre right on the others (idr the shaq thing all that well so im not gonna speak on it), but you have a classic case of "well everyone did it, so me doing it isnt actually that bad' lol foh
2. on books aka what they say... dude forced that trade everyone knows that. Same way veryone knows the lakers pretty much had some under the table favor for a favor deal to get gasol. Dude flat out said he refuses to play for a team not established nd trying to rebuild...And this was before he even sat foot on a nba court... Granted it wasnt all over twitter, vine etc.... But to say a dude who accepted being on arguably the worst nba franchise in the league, in the worst/horrid city in the usa gave his all for over 5 years to an incompetent owner, for an inept porely ran franchise, in a cesspool dump of a city is lacking integrity.

Then what do you call a high school kid who didnt even give a team a shot, hell hasnt even proven he could play at the nba level... demanding and refusing to play for a team is?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-imagine-if-kobe-bryant-had-remained-a-hornet
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-hornets-on-twitter-to-celebrate-name-change
 Hell he even trolled twitter about it.... And everyone knows draftees pretty much get a heads up ahead of time about the team/teams most likely to draft them... you cant be that naive.

3. ai was traded because of what he did. you act like his actions aka, not practicing, coming to games high drunk had nothing to do with that. AI has accepted and admitted he is the reason why he wasnt a 6er for life, why cant you?

4. So pretty much more or less everyone does it be it under the table backroom talks or did it at a time when twiiter etc.. social media didnt exist. But its wrong when lebron did it because he did it out in the open and pretty much more polarized/popular then most athletes.

End of the day everyone decided to hate on lebron because it was the trending topic thing to do cause tv/social media said so. No one is still getting on malone for calling out ring chasers then going to the lakers...same with gp. No one made a big hoopla over pierce/garnett. 

Again not 100% sure on the kobe thing, but I think (could be wrong) that it was set if he fell to 13 they were trading him for vlade.

The Ai thing is fine, and like I said he was always a 6er at heart, he retired a 76er and got his jersey retired infront of a sold out 76er crowd. They will always love him. Bron wont have any of that for cle if he retired today.

Idk how you compare kg and pierce to that when they got them a ring but sure. Again, when those 2 go back to Boston everyone loves them, when bron comes back to cle the only ones that still love him are the ones that think hes going back.

Last but not least, of course its wrong to promise something and then not try your best to do so, and sell out. (talking about him leaving in his prime, not that he didnt try his best those last years in Cle)

I hate on him for my own reasons, but I can assure you that it has 0 to do with social media and all the other bs.

Last edited:
Okay Im not going to explain how that was dishonest because it couldnt be any clearer.

2.) Im not a kobe fan, but I know that statment you said is 100% bs because a player couldnt go back to college after being drafted :lol:

3.) Ai got traded and was always a 6er at heart, miss me with that other bs.

4.) Maybe youre right on the others (idr the shaq thing all that well so im not gonna speak on it), but you have a classic case of "well everyone did it, so me doing it isnt actually that bad' lol foh

As a matter of fact, ill go ahead and say this. Durant will never ever win a ring as a Thunder, Its going to take him to go to another team to win anything. Watch. it will be apparent in 3 years.

garnett just didnt have that killer instinct , too willing of a facilitator on horrible teams for his first 9-10 years ... i think he coulda won a few rings with popavich . same with dirk ...dirk is as good anyone ...garnett , duncan etc ...to me thats a 1a 1b 1c situation .

dirk with parker and ginobli woulda been ABSURD from 2002-2012

garnett just didnt have that killer instinct , too willing of a facilitator on horrible teams for his first 9-10 years ... i think he coulda won a few rings with popavich . same with dirk ...dirk is as good anyone ...garnett , duncan etc ...to me thats a 1a 1b 1c situation .

Nope, SA needed somebody who was willing to bang in the paint, Dirk isn't that guy. They would've been extremely finesse.

Absurd in terms of how poorly defensively they would be as well.

Dirk slander.

"KG had a better career than dirk" - KG's been on spin cycle for a few years now.

"KG's elite defense blah blah blah" - dirk torched him for 33 and 17 in a series

"KG was better overall blah blah blah" - KG was the hot potato king in the 4th quarter.

Give me dirk Monday through Sunday. Clutch performer. One on one nightmare. ISO master. Pick and pop perfection. Look at what playing alongside dirk has done for the careers of:

Josh Howard
JET
Monta
Calderon
Tyson chandler
Jason Kidd
Marquis Daniels.

Please. No more dirk slander.

ya act like putting dirk over kg is blasphemy. :lol:

when the gm is on the line, i'd take a dirk iso vs kg. offense>defense

no slander on kg, dude is probably the most versatile, but in my opinion he is fifth

I mean I don't think I have any zeal left for these hair splitting conversations.

I would put Duncan but above both KG and Dirk he's essentially a center, but KG and Dirk is hair splitting.

Last edited:
dirk has been the best out of the three for the last 7 years .this year he took the spurs to 7 with monta ellis and an old vince carter . his 2011 playoff run was one of the greatest things ive ever seen as a fan of professional basketball

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom