2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

how did he compromise his integrity? Um do you even know what the word means...? Srs question

Okay since you wanna ignore what happened while he was in cle, Ill remind you.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

2 years later

View media item 1002911

integrity-the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness
ok and how was he dishonest... you act as if he didnt try... and leabing a team isnt immoral... Now going off banging hotel hand models while married is immoral and lacking integrity. 

And if that isnt enough, i guess kobe doesnt have any either.... aka at mcdonalds allstar game. Id be glad honored just to be drafted, no matter what the situation is. I just want to go out and compete at the next level....; Then proceeds to if i dont go to the lakers, instead of the hornets where i was drafted then im gonna go to college and attend duke....

hell shaq said he wanted to bring orlando a chp and have him and penny go down as one of the best one-two punches of all time... I guess he doesnt have it either.

Or ai...saying i am gonna stay remain a 6ers for life....then pretty much boozed/smoked himself off the team, and eventually out the league. 

Or how bout pierce saying i wanna be a celtic for life, then proceeds to try to get traded to the clips and eventually goes to the nets... Or kg, im gonna retire as a celtic and did the same thing.

If this is what you call lack of integrity damn near half the league doesnt have it.

This is just another case of social media/stans sheep mentality placed in the heads by the media etc.....aka lets make a big deal and cover something 24/7 and tell everyone to be outraged and like mindless lemmings they will follow.

Okay Im not going to explain how that was dishonest because it couldnt be any clearer.

2.) Im not a kobe fan, but I know that statment you said is 100% bs because a player couldnt go back to college after being drafted :lol:

3.) Ai got traded and was always a 6er at heart, miss me with that other bs.

4.) Maybe youre right on the others (idr the shaq thing all that well so im not gonna speak on it), but you have a classic case of "well everyone did it, so me doing it isnt actually that bad' lol foh

The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

The Spurs and Oregeon sports. Cp's only bias / blind spots. :lol:

:lol:

Thing is, nothing in this post is inaccurate. No paycuts would equal no Diaw, no Green.

And RJ to Kawhi, I mean..... :lol:

That's why they are "better" in 2014, than 2008-2012.

Perkins doesn't like that Michael Jackson song either
BpEeCi0CQAA_DL8.png

Last edited:
Okay Im not going to explain how that was dishonest because it couldnt be any clearer.

2.) Im not a kobe fan, but I know that statment you said is 100% bs because a player couldnt go back to college after being drafted
laugh.gif

3.) Ai got traded and was always a 6er at heart, miss me with that other bs.

4.) Maybe youre right on the others (idr the shaq thing all that well so im not gonna speak on it), but you have a classic case of "well everyone did it, so me doing it isnt actually that bad' lol foh
2. on books aka what they say... dude forced that trade everyone knows that. Same way veryone knows the lakers pretty much had some under the table favor for a favor deal to get gasol. Dude flat out said he refuses to play for a team not established nd trying to rebuild...And this was before he even sat foot on a nba court... Granted it wasnt all over twitter, vine etc.... But to say a dude who accepted being on arguably the worst nba franchise in the league, in the worst/horrid city in the usa gave his all for over 5 years to an incompetent owner, for an inept porely ran franchise, in a cesspool dump of a city is lacking integrity.

Then what do you call a high school kid who didnt even give a team a shot, hell hasnt even proven he could play at the nba level... demanding and refusing to play for a team is?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-imagine-if-kobe-bryant-had-remained-a-hornet

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-hornets-on-twitter-to-celebrate-name-change

Hell he even trolled twitter about it.... And everyone knows draftees pretty much get a heads up ahead of time about the team/teams most likely to draft them... you cant be that naive.

3. ai was traded because of what he did. you act like his actions aka, not practicing, coming to games high drunk had nothing to do with that. AI has accepted and admitted he is the reason why he wasnt a 6er for life, why cant you?

4. So pretty much more or less everyone does it be it under the table backroom talks or did it at a time when twiiter etc.. social media didnt exist. But its wrong when lebron did it because he did it out in the open and pretty much more polarized/popular then most athletes.

End of the day everyone decided to hate on lebron because it was the trending topic thing to do cause tv/social media said so. No one is still getting on malone for calling out ring chasers then going to the lakers...same with gp. No one made a big hoopla over pierce/garnett. 

Last edited:
Interesting to see my KG over TD statement was seen as idiotic, hyperbole much? Everything Tim could do, KG could do too. I'd give KG the edge in rebounding, team and one on one defense ( guarding SFs, PFs and Cs) passing and ball handling.

Given KG's skill set, athleticism and unselfishness he'd fit in perfectly in Pop's system, if rings are your thing.

Interesting to see my KG over TD statement was seen as idiotic, hyperbole much? Everything Tim could do, KG could do too. I'd give KG the edge in rebounding, team and one on one defense ( guarding SFs, PFs and Cs) passing and ball handling.

Given KG's skill set, athleticism and unselfishness he'd fit in perfectly in Pop's system, if rings are your thing.
Wrong Nelson. Just all kinds of Wrongs. Tim has better post game than KG, better blocker, and overall a better leader.

The idea that the Spurs are "Tony Parkers team" is just another examples of #NT's obsession with offense.

Tim is still the best player on the Spurs.

Tony and Manu rotate as the main offensive options depending on the matchup.

Has nothing to do with no damn obsession with offense. Tony Parker is now the Spurs best player. Tim Duncan himself will tell you this.

People act as if Pop doesn't routinely sit Parker in 4th quarters because he can't guard anyone :lol:

Sup guise,

What'd I miss :lol: ?

Nothing valuable.

I don't think Tim Duncan at any point was the undisputed best PF in the game, but his production + longevity makes him one of the GOAT PFs

KG's fadeaway was just as effective as Tim's banker in my estimation. Better shot blocking numbers doesn't make Tim a better defensive player, KG wins that one. Duncan a better leader, I just don't see it. KG in Minny was the leader, same for his early Celtic years.

People act as if Pop doesn't routinely sit Parker in 4th quarters because he can't guard anyone :lol:
Nothing valuable.
I don't think Tim Duncan at any point was the undisputed best PF in the game, but his production + longevity makes him one of the GOAT PFs

TD has vaulted himself past KG, no doubt, but my original statement was in reference to them just in their respective primes.

KG has a bigger skill set then duncan but duncan does the things better that a big man need to do like post offense,post defense, shot blocking, boxing out, passing out of the post etc. KG was a incredible talent and warrior spirit but it proves late in his career that his knowledge of the game is far inferior then duncan. 

Tim Duncan is the greatest player of this generation to me, but I know I'm speaking with bias.

KG has a bigger skill set then duncan but duncan does the things better that a big man need to do like post offense,post defense, shot blocking, boxing out, passing out of the post etc. KG was a incredible talent and warrior spirit but it proves late in his career that his knowledge of the game is far inferior then duncan. 

KGs body breaking down earlier than Duncan in no way shape or form indicates inferior basketball IQ. Stop it.

there's a reason why guys call timmy the greatest PF of all time. even chuck and karl have said it.

just my opinion in the last 30ys (my lifetime). stats, analytics, eyeball test, etc...
timmy
karl
chuck
dirk
kg

there's a reason why guys call timmy the greatest PF of all time. even chuck and karl have said it.

just my opinion in the last 30ys (my lifetime). stats, analytics, eyeball test, etc...
timmy
karl
chuck
dirk
kg

I think KG had a better career than Dirk.

Blake Griffin is next up. He'll be in that conversation when it's all said and done.

KGs body breaking down earlier than Duncan in no way shape or form indicates inferior basketball IQ. Stop it.
Yeah, but who's to say that if Duncan wasn't in Pop's system (which goes out of it's way to preserve his body) that he wouldn't be exposed? Duncan is still limited out there on the court whether you believe it or not.

KG had a much better peak in his career and was an overall more dominant player than TD for most of his career. It only culminated in one ring but KG was unfortunate to have only played with HOF players and a HOF coach in the back half of his career. If KG was in a system with someone as genius as Popovich for his entire career he might have even surpassed Duncan's success.

timmy
karl
chuck
dirk
kg

Thats because td got the most rings, but if you put team achievements aside & just look at them as basketball players

KG
TD
Malone
Barkley
C Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom