2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rooting for the Spurs

1) Manu and Timmy have a greater chance of retiring
2) Miami's big 3 is more likely to break up

Manu is first ballot. It's the basketball hall not the NBA.
probably so but it will be because of international play/influence..... And his chips. I mean you got players like mark price, mitch richmond, glen rice, tim hardaway....i could go on who have been up multiple of times and hasnt made it. Its not a travesty if he does make it. But there are/has been players who were better had a bigger impact the manu who hasnt even been close. 

the history etc... doesnt have anything to do with actually wins.... If that was the case the knicks would stay making it in the finals based on that logic. It be hard press to get another superstar to go to boston.As far as lateral moves why wouldnt it be. If he were to go to boston next season, its not like they are a lock for the playoffs at best he would see a few more wins...mainly due to the eastern conference being weaker then the west.

And lol being a god in boston. Um they aint gonna be chants of we love love...when they are a sub 500. barely over 500 team. Yea they have assets but whose out there that is willing to go to boston? And if they rack up on draft picks... it still would take time for them to mess/gel (assuming these PICKS, actually work out). Then when you got teams like the wiz, cavs, 76ers, etc bulls, who are basically a move/player away from being a playoff team/top tier team.

Boston is a long term project....possibly a few yrs before they could be a true playoff team let alone contender.

probably so but it will be because of international play/influence..... And his chips. I mean you got players like mark price, mitch richmond, glen rice, tim hardaway....i could go on who have been up multiple of times and hasnt made it. Its not a travesty if he does make it. But there are/has been players who were better had a bigger impact the manu who hasnt even been close. 

Bigger impact? The dudes you mentioned were starters, imagine if manu played starters mins, easy 18-20+ 5 & 5, its like yall dudes just look at stats to prove whos hof worthy, manu was a top 10 sg his whole career that never started a full season

I'll get more in depth when I get to a cpu but this Kobe-Duncan debate is pretty funny to me.

Never mind the fact that Duncan hasn't played 34 min a game in 7 years yet the spurs haven't skipped a beat in that time period in the regular season. Wonder how many other superstar players have had that luxury. He's been extremely fortunate to have a great organization consistently having the pieces around him where he doesn't have to be the guy or carry a huge load anymore.

We don't know how Tim would have done with a bunch of scrubs because he's never had to. But the fact that he's had loaded squads his entire career and still under achieved to a small extent leads me to believe he ain't doing anymore with Smush, and co. than Kobe did in both their primes.

Also when Kobe had the pieces around him similar to Duncan he's been in the playoffs every and a contender as well. Or the fact that every time Kobe and Duncan have met up in the postseason sans one time, the spurs have gotten skull drug. With Shaq on the team and without him, and Kobe eviscerating them each time.

I'll get into the numbers later.

There are no numbers you can post to prop up an elite 2 being better than an elite two way big

It's just the way basketball works

Last edited:
ima kd fan and that loss last night was on him

too many mistakes

he might learn from from this than from that finals loss

KD deserves all the credit for the loss. Not Brooks, not DFish playing 30+ minutes. I felt very comfortable with Fish in. Westbrook in the last 10 possessions also gave as much as he took. Stop blaming anyone but KD THOUGH
Manu is first ballot. It's the basketball hall not the NBA.

Spurs have those rings because of Manu, because of him. Without Manu, the Spurs aren't the Spurs, not the other way around. Manu would be Manu Spurs or no Spurs, he'd actually have been better, but probably no rings

The second best player on multiple championship teams gets in the hall of fame.

I have no idea what you people are arguing about.

I'll get more in depth when I get to a cpu but this Kobe-Duncan debate is pretty funny to me.

Never mind the fact that Duncan hasn't played 34 min a game in 7 years yet the spurs haven't skipped a beat in that time period in the regular season. Wonder how many other superstar players have had that luxury. He's been extremely fortunate to have a great organization consistently having the pieces around him where he doesn't have to be the guy or carry a huge load anymore.

We don't know how Tim would have done with a bunch of scrubs because he's never had to. But the fact that he's had loaded squads his entire career and still under achieved to a small extent leads me to believe he ain't doing anymore with Smush, and co. than Kobe did in both their primes.

Also when Kobe had the pieces around him similar to Duncan he's been in the playoffs every and a contender as well. Or the fact that every time Kobe and Duncan have met up in the postseason sans one time, the spurs have gotten skull drug. With Shaq on the team and without him, and Kobe eviscerating them each time.

I'll get into the numbers later.
while true...duncan IS regarded as the best at his position by most....as far as kobe goes.... And as far as results the kobe teams have more hardware, but in terms of wins etc.... the spurs were year in/out the better team. Plus kobe role and how he can impact the game (his position) gives him the edge in terms of how he can impact the game. Also some of those yrs kobe had garbage/mediocre teammates, spurs had those yrs when tp was a liability in terms of being a turnover monster, didnt have a jumper to save his life, and manu was herky jerky and inconsistent. 

I would say kobe overall leadership/leading a team is more successful then timmy's, but it aint by much seeing that a good amount of his yrs he wasnt the leader. and in many of those yrs he was they were in most part a pretty decent/good team. Duncan has had to lead be the man faaar longer then kobe has. He basically took the reigns from the start of the 2000's.... 

And "if" Love goes to Boston, I'm sorry but they are probably an instant lock for the playoffs if they can hold on to Rondo. I like a Jeff Green, K Love forward duo. And they should be getting a decent NBA ready draft pick, if teams drafting before them are stupid enough to leave Marcus Smart on the board by the time Celts draft, and Celtics grab him. 1000% playoff lock.

How the hell had Kobe Bryant been more successful in leading a team than Tim Duncan?

Man between this and the Russ KD slander I might need to take off til Thursday.

while true...duncan IS regarded as the best at his position by most....as far as kobe goes.... And as far as results the kobe teams have more hardware, but in terms of wins etc.... the spurs were year in/out the better team. Plus kobe role and how he can impact the game (his position) gives him the edge in terms of how he can impact the game. Also some of those yrs kobe had garbage/mediocre teammates, spurs had those yrs when tp was a liability in terms of being a turnover monster, didnt have a jumper to save his life, and manu was herky jerky and inconsistent. 

I would say kobe overall leadership/leading a team is more successful then timmy's, but it aint by much seeing that a good amount of his yrs he wasnt the leader. and in many of those yrs he was they were in most part a pretty decent/good team. Duncan has had to lead be the man faaar longer then kobe has. He basically took the reigns from the start of the 2000's.... 

Duncan hasn't had to be the lead guy since 2007. Kobe has been since 2004 so they're both at 10 years on that front.

KD deserves all the credit for the loss. Not Brooks, not DFish playing 30+ minutes. I felt very comfortable with Fish in. Westbrook in the last 10 possessions also gave as much as he took. Stop blaming anyone but KD THOUGH
Spurs have those rings because of Manu, because of him. Without Manu, the Spurs aren't the Spurs, not the other way around. Manu would be Manu Spurs or no Spurs, he'd actually have been better, but probably no rings
true but then would he have one chips being a starter/main player on another team. Yes he had a great impact on the team, but he had the fortune of playing with timmy and tony, and a great head coach. He benefited and was allowed to play free and not have defenses focus on him. Its not like having those guys hindered his growth...it possibly helped him as much as it hurt him.

Its hard to say his impact on the team and them winning chips, is more or he played as much of a role on the team as lets say a chris webber.

Duncan hasn't had to be the lead guy since 2007. Kobe has been since 2004 so they're both at 10 years on that front.
true but when both were the "man" their success has pretty much been even.... both have 2 chips...both pretty much had good runs...with them exception of that yr lakers didnt make the playoffs. Like i said despite all that i still edge it out to kobe. Especially seeing he was the best player in the league while he was on top. 

And "if" Love goes to Boston, I'm sorry but they are probably an instant lock for the playoffs if they can hold on to Rondo. I like a Jeff Green, K Love forward duo. And they should be getting a decent NBA ready draft pick, if teams drafting before them are stupid enough to leave Marcus Smart on the board by the time Celts draft, and Celtics grab him. 1000% playoff lock.

Celtics with rondo, green, love and the #6 :wow:

Not happening :lol:

Last edited:
An all-time great doesn't lose on his home floor the way he did. Dude fell to the floor when they needed him and had No points in the last 7 minutes. Unacceptable, and he has a decent cast around him and usually handles the Spurs so I disagree with people saying this team wasn't capable of beating the Spurs. Westbrook gave monster efforts in multiple games to take them out, while KD has had a sub par playoffs for the most part. Such a shame, since dude has so much potential but at this point in his career he needs to be judged by results.

Celtics with rondo, green, love and the #6 :wow:

Not happening :lol:

I strongly disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom