2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
An all-time great doesn't lose on his home floor the way he did. Dude fell to the floor when they needed him and had No points in the last 7 minutes. Unacceptable, and he has a decent cast around him and usually handles the Spurs so I disagree with people saying this team wasn't capable of beating the Spurs. Westbrook gave monster efforts in multiple games to take them out, while KD has had a sub par playoffs for the most part. Such a shame, since dude has so much potential but at this point in his career he needs to be judged by results.
i doubt he will get the criticism, his personality, likeability etc... wont let ppl look at him/judge him the way they do a melo. KD reminds me of how garnett was with minny. Its like he would have great/hof type of seasons...but when it came to comming big in crucial moments...dude would just be meh... 

I mean the numbers/stats would be there, but when you need that "extra" that will...that defining moment play...dudes would just shy away, become a shell of themselves. 

Yup me too.

Duncan doesn't lead the Spurs in scoring and he's automatically not the leader or best player on his team despite his impact on both ends.

******* amazing man
Duncan might be the leader but he isn't the best player on the Spurs stop the nonsense guy. The Spurs are Tony Parkers team now period. Duncan is still needed for them to win but so was Tony when Duncan was the man.

Last edited:
Yup me too.

Duncan doesn't lead the Spurs in scoring and he's automatically not the leader or best player on his team despite his impact on both ends.

******* amazing man

Duncan might be the leader but he isn't the best player on the Spurs stop the nonsense guy. The Spurs are Tony Parkers team now period. Duncan is still needed for them to win but so was Tony when Duncan was the man.

Tony Parker was getting benched in the 4th for Speedy Claxton in 2003

Tony Parker didn't even play in the 2nd half yesterday and they still won going away.

Last edited:
And "if" Love goes to Boston, I'm sorry but they are probably an instant lock for the playoffs if they can hold on to Rondo. I like a Jeff Green, K Love forward duo. And they should be getting a decent NBA ready draft pick, if teams drafting before them are stupid enough to leave Marcus Smart on the board by the time Celts draft, and Celtics grab him. 1000% playoff lock.

Celtics with rondo, green, love and the #6 :wow:

Not happening :lol:

I strongly disagree.

How do you strongly disagree you think Minnesota will trade Love to Boston without acquiring the top 10 pick.

my folks made a comment that sounded asinine at first...but now im starting to actually ponder it.... He was like serge in most part,skill set wise a better center then dwight. He has a better skillset in terms of offense, has a decent back to the basket game... developed a decent midrange set shot. is a good/better on ball defender. And can block and rebound. He was like basically dwight has coasted and been held in high regards mostly off highlights, what if's and potential, and winning a dpoy. He was like he been riding that he could be an alltime great gravy train...

Prime KG > Prime TD
i hated when ppl use to say that. Ill give you KG was a more versatile player. But like i was alluding to earlier... i dont wanna say he was a stat padder, but for all those great games of rebounding, when they needed that clutch game changing rebound, he would always come short. For all those blocks he would get, when you needed that one block, that impact block he just fell short. Same with his offense. 

He just never came thru, did what he was best at when you needed him to the most. Like i said yesterday that was why he went to the c's. He could be good/great.....and when you needed that impact play, that series/game changing/defining play he could defer to pierce/allen etc... 

Tim in the big moments has shown and prove he can/could come thru..... He could have/had a mediocre ok decent game...but when you needed that series saving block. that turning point swing rebound or shot, Timmy pretty much delivered. And if he didnt he at least embraced the moment. KG on the other hand would hot potato marbury in his earlier yrs, then sam cassell/sprewell/sizzurp in the later yrs.

Last edited:
Not to join the idiotic debate, but prime KG versatility on defense makes him one of the best ever.

He could do what Bosh does now even better and give you rim protection.

Tony Parker didn't even play in the 2nd half yesterday and they still won going away.
Still doesn't change that Tony Parker was a key piece in 4 of Duncan's championship runs. 

Still doesn't change that the Spurs are Tony Parkers team now. 

You throw it to Tim in his prime on the block and it was either a hard double team which would create those open corner 3s, a bucket or a foul.

4 down :smh: I hated that play

Still doesn't change that Tony Parker was a key piece in 4 of Duncan's championship runs. 

Still doesn't change that the Spurs are Tony Parkers team now. 

You do realize Tony Parker only has 3 rings right?

Good God I'm out now for real this time

Last edited:
It's like a competition of who can say the dumbest ish right now. Can't wait till the finals start.

The idea that the Spurs are "Tony Parkers team" is just another examples of #NT's obsession with offense.

Tim is still the best player on the Spurs.

Tony and Manu rotate as the main offensive options depending on the matchup.

Last edited:
The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

i agree with what you're saying but that suns team was NOT average.

had nash and amare still all star level and j rich filling it up from 3.. plus goran dragic coming into his own..plus hill and frye and admundson and robin lopez as more than servicable role players

I remember when KG used to do interviews and tear up because he didn't have help in minny. Dude was so humble then he when to boston and turned heel so fast.

The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

The Spurs and Oregeon sports. Cp's only bias / blind spots. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom