2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to join the idiotic debate, but prime KG versatility on defense makes him one of the best ever.

He could do what Bosh does now even better and give you rim protection.
true but that was for 3 possibly 3 1/2 quarters...  I aint gonna go as far as saying he was lebron mavs finals bad... but when you needed him the most is was ghost. Dude would just tail off in crucial moments of big games. 

http://www.82games.com/04MIN10E.HTM

His assist ratio would double, his shot attempts were basically half, and his defense took a step backwards in clutch moments, big moments in crucial games. This was KG's biggest knock and why ppl held timmy in higher regards. Dude just didnt play bigger in the bigger moments. 

The idea that the Spurs are "Tony Parkers team" is just another examples of #NT's obsession with offense.

Tim is still the best player on the Spurs.

Tony and Manu rotate as the main offensive options depending on the matchup.
Has nothing to do with no damn obsession with offense. Tony Parker is now the Spurs best player. Tim Duncan himself will tell you this.

The idea that the Spurs are "Tony Parkers team" is just another examples of #NT's obsession with offense.

Tim is still the best player on the Spurs.

Tony and Manu rotate as the main offensive options depending on the matchup.
I've thought of it as a 1A 1B scenario for a while.

I remember when KG used to do interviews and tear up because he didn't have help in minny. Dude was so humble then he when to boston and turned heel so fast.
and became mr so called tuff guy... He turned from the "big ticket" to the "big wolf ticket"... dude wouldnt bust a grape in a food fight.

Has nothing to do with no damn obsession with offense. Tony Parker is now the Spurs best player. Tim Duncan himself will tell you this.
at this point in their careers it would be asinine to say tim is the best player on the spurs. he may be the emotional, locker room leader... but to say the team success begins and ends with timmy is just silly. i would go far as to say his role isnt even in the same light as a wades is to the miami heat. 

at this point in their careers it would be asinine to say tim is the best player on the spurs. he may be the emotional, locker room leader... but to say the team success begins and ends with timmy is just silly. i would go far as to say his role isnt even in the same light as a wades is to the miami heat. 
See this is going too far. I watch every game this team plays, Tim Duncan is as important to the team as Tony Parker is if not more. He is still an integral part of that offense, and HE IS THE DEFENSE. 

Tony Parker goes down, its next man up and things still run, if Tim Duncan went down then the effect would be much more drastic.

Last edited:
There is no way they close out that game without Timmy, period, but they did it without Tony.

They won that game because Manu and Tony alternate as the main offensive option, but you can't alternate anyone in Tim Duncan's role. He's still an elite defensive center (fake power forward) and solid post scorer.

Tim is still the best/most important player.

Last edited:
And "if" Love goes to Boston, I'm sorry but they are probably an instant lock for the playoffs if they can hold on to Rondo. I like a Jeff Green, K Love forward duo. And they should be getting a decent NBA ready draft pick, if teams drafting before them are stupid enough to leave Marcus Smart on the board by the time Celts draft, and Celtics grab him. 1000% playoff lock.

Celtics with rondo, green, love and the #6 :wow:

Not happening :lol:

I strongly disagree.

How do you strongly disagree you think Minnesota will trade Love to Boston without acquiring the top 10 pick.

I didn't even think about that but yea, I think they could acquire him without giving up this years top 10 pick, for sure.
The draft pick wasn't the complete basis of my argument though.
How easy it is to make the playoffs in the East was really where my confidence comes in if they could get Love.
Win about 35+ games in the East and your dancing

See this is going too far. I watch every game this team plays, Tim Duncan is as important to the team as Tony Parker is if not more. He is still an integral part of that offense, and HE IS THE DEFENSE. 
I agree that he is a huge part of what the Spurs do but he is not the man anymore. TP was key in their other championship runs also but he wasn't the man. I give TD huge credit for being egoless. He understands that he isn't the man yet doesn't complain. If that idiot Shaq would have released that it was Kobe's turn to be the man he'd have more than 4 rings.

Last edited:
true but that was for 3 possibly 3 1/2 quarters...  I aint gonna go as far as saying he was lebron mavs finals bad... but when you needed him the most is was ghost. Dude would just tail off in crucial moments of big games. 

http://www.82games.com/04MIN10E.HTM

His assist ratio would double, his shot attempts were basically half, and his defense took a step backwards in clutch moments, big moments in crucial games. This was KG's biggest knock and why ppl held timmy in higher regards. Dude just didnt play bigger in the bigger moments. 

Kg was just never a reliable #1 option in his prime, you typed a essay just to say that

I agree that he is a huge part of what the Spurs do but he is not the man anymore. TP was key in there other championship runs also but he wasn't the man. I give TD huge credit for being egoless. He understands that he isn't the man yet doesn't complain. If that idiot Shaq would have released that it was Kobe's turn to be the man he's have more than 4 rings.

See what I mean?

"The Man" is just code for the guy who takes the most shots. :lol: :smh:

The best offensive player is not always the best player, Ben Wallace was the best player on the Pistons, people are just obsessed with offence, especially perimeter offence.

See what I mean?

"The Man" is just code for the guy who takes the most shots.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The best offensive player is not always the best player, Ben Wallace was the best player on the Pistons, people are just obsessed with offence, especially perimeter offence.
it's just no reasoning with a person like you fam. Has zero to do with taking the most shots.

intresting OKB could you list down who in your opinion are the 10 best players in the NBA

They just closed out the western conference finals with Tony Parker icing his ankle.

how do you you "reason" your way around that.
Key word is "they". I saw an array of Spurs making plays. That speaks to how good their "team" is.  We agree to disagree but I bet cash money more people agree with me than you. 

I bet you missed Boris freaking Diaw scoring 26 also didn't you? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The same way everyone lives in the moment with Paul George being great 1 minute, and a bum the next, is how folks keep trying to rewrite history for the Spurs.

They have had Pop, Duncan, Manu and Parker for OVER a decade, thru all their primes, and couldn't make it to back to back Finals.

The last 6 year's they were beat by an 8 seed, swept by an average Suns team, blew a 2-0 series lead, and I believe lost to a 7 seed as well.

When Dunc, Park, and Manu were all younger.

So what changed????

Money.

Since the CBA, they have convinced every player to take a paycut, Parker earning the most at 12.5 mil.
They also upgraded from Richard Jefferson to Kawhi, on a rookie contract. 1.9 mil.

That allowed them to bring in extra depth in Diaw and Danny Green, without giving away anything.

Now suddenly they're "great" again. At much more advanced ages. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Notice Miami's big 3 all took less money as well. Helped them pull in Ray + Birdman which wouldn't be possible if not for their sacrifice.

It's a credit to Riley and Pop for convincing all the players to take less money. Not a credit to the "greatness" of a guy that plays 29 minutes a game for 4-5 years and has 17 points in an overtime game and has everyone slurp all over him like he's been dominant the entire run.

Very few will actually comprehend this post tho. Look around the league tho. Why did the Mavs break up their title team? Why did the Thunder trade their 23 year old star? Why did the Celtics lose Ray?

If LeBron cashes out for a full max at some point, his team will lose depth, and he will stop winning and people will claim he's fallen off. (Or the players around him have).

When the Spurs lose their trio and have to pay full prices again, we'll never see them again.

It never, ever gets brought up how they were (re)built when they hadn't won since 2007. Their best players are a full 6 years older, and suddenly have more success and media acts like it's still 2003 or somethin. :lol: :lol:

You should note that while Miami's Big 3 did take slight pay cuts in order to play together, they came together in the previous CBA, so it wasn't as drastic. It'd be a lot more difficult to do it under the new one, which is why they're all going to have to take an even bigger pay cut to stay together.

I'm not discrediting anyone, Manu and Tony are largely interchangeable. I don't understand how people don't see this, most teams have a primary offensive option that never changes. The Spurs alternate between Manu and Tony based on match ups.

Tony had the ball all the time when he abusing blowing Damien Lillard and the Blazers super conservative perimeter d.

Manu had the ball all the time, when he was killing the Thunder in screen and roll, because they hedge and trap more.

But Timmy has to lock down the paint no matter what.

would like to see kawhi primarily on wade and put diaw/green on lebron (he gonna eat regardless).

i was correct on the kawhi on russ.

manu has to be able to match ray's bench play

lets see if marco can play his way back into the rotation. didnt he have somewhat a decent series vs the heat when he was with chi last yr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom