2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical coach answers lol.

I do think Thabo will be the odd man out in the starting 5. He's shown that he could move on from Thabo after taking him out during the playoffs. Perk on the other hand, is a different story. What about the future of Reggie Jackson?

Brooks played Derek Fisher 33 minutes last night. He is the or a large part of the problem.

Great timing BHZ, they are doing exit interviews right now and someone asked him about both things, his job security and Perkins.

Scott Brooks on his job security: "It's something that I don't even consider. I just do my job every day."

Brooks indicates he's open to changing the starting five: "There are definitely some positions available. I can say that."

Brooks when asked if it's time to turn the page on Perkins: "That remains to be seen. There’s a lot of work to be done this summer."
its crazy all these successful more competent coaches are dropping/getting fired in packs, yet you got guys like this with pretty much job security solely based on having two superstars that pretty much would be a playoff team with any coach.

And if they did then what..... He more or less would be making a lateral move. Even if they by some stretch made a lower playoff seed next season or so...they still would be an early round exit. It would take quite a few yrs before the possibility of the c's to be a playoff threat, let alone a championship contender at that.

Then add to the fact other teams ala like the bulls, 76ers, so and so forth have better teams,viable young talent. By the time they in position to possibly win KLove would be past his prime, and/or rondo would be looking to move on.

Why are you assuming the Celtics will ONLY be making a move for Love? And going from Minnesota to Boston is NOT a lateral move at all. Youre going from a small market that no one gives a damn about to the 1st or 2nd most storied franchise in the NBA. You're going from being 2nd fiddle to the hockey team to being basically a God in Boston. Once he comes, others will follow. The Celtics will still have PLENTY of assets to build a contending team.

Why wouldn't a guy like Carmelo sign with the Celtics seeing that they already have Love and Rondo? NOT saying Melo would sign in Boston; he cares far too much about being cool and being in NY. Fine with me, because Carmelo is a bum. But you get my point.

Brooks has to go.... Fisher in no way shape or form should be playing 30+ mins in a close out game... I would love to see Lamb play more and Thabo gotta go too..... They are gonna need a vet guy who can come in and play the Battier, Diaw type role.

Reggie's an RFA after next season, so unsure whether Presti will hold true to protocol and deal with him now or wait til when he has to. Thabo and Bertille are likely on their way out of OKC. He might not even be in the NBA next season, either that or a Spur/Heat for the minimum and all of a sudden remembers how to shoot and defend again wouldn't shock me. I'm fine with Perkins still starting and teaching Adams some things for the beginning of the season until Adams

But Reggie or Jeremy have to be starting next season regardless. I think he has improved his 3 enough (at least on spot ups it seems reliable enough) to make it possible. Him and Westbrook or both 6'4, strong, athletic with long reaches (his is 7'0) so I don't think it becomes a major size disadvantage there with the exception of a few 2s who might look to post up

James Harden was in some strippers bedroom last night, watching OKC get eliminated and doing the "I told you so" dance :smh:

Word, he should pass more to the abundance of scoring options we have and better execute the detailed offensive sets provided to do so. I'm sure if CP3 played last night everybody would have scored 20

Last edited:
The heat have another easy season I will watch them walk right thru San Antonio
I'm not mad it jus bothers me when you know a team will wen every series in the east absolutely no competition then
Face a bad western match up in the finals :smh:

Who should have Fisher's Minutes been given to last night?

KD's turnovers against D Green in the 3rd that allowed the spurs to take a nice lead in the 3rd quarter was huge.

Some of Westbrook's decisions in the 2nd half were pretty bad.

That's not coaching.

But going forward, I think Reggie Jackson is proven to become a full time starter for them as obviously Thabo has played his last game with OKC. However I also feel that PJ3, Jeremy Lamb, Andre, needs some work. Their bench isn't good enough right now, especially if Reggie becomes a full time starter. Those players development, in particular Jeremy Lamb, has been underwhelming.

ima kd fan and that loss last night was on him

too many mistakes

he might learn from from this than from that finals loss

Last edited:
Serious question,

I have no doubt in my mind that The Big 3 will all be in Miami next year win or lose this year's final. Who's going to stop them from getting to the finals again? What team from the east is beating them 4 out of 7 times next yea?

I don't get why there are so many people on here who think the Heat are going to easily handle the Spurs. Should be just as close as it was last year.

Why are you assuming the Celtics will ONLY be making a move for Love? And going from Minnesota to Boston is NOT a lateral move at all. Youre going from a small market that no one gives a damn about to the 1st or 2nd most storied franchise in the NBA. You're going from being 2nd fiddle to the hockey team to being basically a God in Boston. Once he comes, others will follow. The Celtics will still have PLENTY of assets to build a contending team.

Why wouldn't a guy like Carmelo sign with the Celtics seeing that they already have Love and Rondo? NOT saying Melo would sign in Boston; he cares far too much about being cool and being in NY. Fine with me, because Carmelo is a bum. But you get my point.
the history etc... doesnt have anything to do with actually wins.... If that was the case the knicks would stay making it in the finals based on that logic. It be hard press to get another superstar to go to boston.As far as lateral moves why wouldnt it be. If he were to go to boston next season, its not like they are a lock for the playoffs at best he would see a few more wins...mainly due to the eastern conference being weaker then the west.

And lol being a god in boston. Um they aint gonna be chants of we love love...when they are a sub 500. barely over 500 team. Yea they have assets but whose out there that is willing to go to boston? And if they rack up on draft picks... it still would take time for them to mess/gel (assuming these PICKS, actually work out). Then when you got teams like the wiz, cavs, 76ers, etc bulls, who are basically a move/player away from being a playoff team/top tier team.

Boston is a long term project....possibly a few yrs before they could be a true playoff team let alone contender.

Serious question,

I have no doubt in my mind that The Big 3 will all be in Miami next year win or lose this year's final. Who's going to stop them from getting to the finals again? What team from the east is beating them 4 out of 7 times next yea?

Nobody

Serious question,

Wizards if they can get melo can give the heat a run

Serious question,

Washington has the supporting cast with Ariza/Nene/Gortat, but they don't have the superstars. I REALLY like their team tho. If you have a superstar at the 1 or the 2, then Washington's 3-4-5 trio is tailor-made to beat Miami. If only Wall had a reliable jumper :smh:

Don't know how Rose will look upon his return, don't know if Indy will retain Stephenson but even if they do they don't have enough. Brooklyn could potentially give them a scare with a healthy Lopez & his 21 ppg, but D Will is soooo poor now, Garnett is completely washed, & the gap between Bron & Pierce widens by the day as Pierce was completely dominated yet again by Lebron.

Last edited:
I'll get more in depth when I get to a cpu but this Kobe-Duncan debate is pretty funny to me.

Never mind the fact that Duncan hasn't played 34 min a game in 7 years yet the spurs haven't skipped a beat in that time period in the regular season. Wonder how many other superstar players have had that luxury. He's been extremely fortunate to have a great organization consistently having the pieces around him where he doesn't have to be the guy or carry a huge load anymore.

We don't know how Tim would have done with a bunch of scrubs because he's never had to. But the fact that he's had loaded squads his entire career and still under achieved to a small extent leads me to believe he ain't doing anymore with Smush, and co. than Kobe did in both their primes.

Also when Kobe had the pieces around him similar to Duncan he's been in the playoffs every and a contender as well. Or the fact that every time Kobe and Duncan have met up in the postseason sans one time, the spurs have gotten skull drug. With Shaq on the team and without him, and Kobe eviscerating them each time.

I'll get into the numbers later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom