2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone on both sides stay healthy for the finals so it will be no excuses. Minus any injuries I think this series is going to be better than last.
I also hope Manu isn't Drunk or High like he was last year final

Because if they let the lakers get away with that everyone would be yelling conspiracy like they did with the pau trade

Nba can do whatever they want and people will still watch

But the lakers are most hated in nba history because all them titles

Dan gilbert can win the draft for the next three years and people woukd still watch

funny how Boston get no where near that amount of hate despite they have just as many titles.

i wonder why that is?

It's probably because their fan base is a little more tolerable.

The fanbase known in their entire history to be the most racist? Riiiight

:lol: :lol:

Say what you want about the "fanbase" being racist (have you ever even been to Boston?), but the Celtics were the most progressive organization in the entire league. First team to start an all black 5 and the first team to hire a black head coach. Now they're about to land Love while the Lakers wallow in mediocrity paying Kobe 20M's a year :lol: :lol:

Are we sure that Love William this big player? I m strarting to doubt on Him. This year in Minnesota he was overrated

:lol: :lol:

Say what you want about the "fanbase" being racist (have you ever even been to Boston?), but the Celtics were the most progressive organization in the entire league. First team to start an all black 5 and the first team to hire a black head coach. Now they're about to land Love while the Lakers wallow in mediocrity paying Kobe 20M's a year :lol: :lol:
Minnesota is better than Boston tho... Unless he jus wants to play in the weaker conference there is no reason to go there

Regardless of their success rate during, the spurs have never missed the playoffs during the Duncan era. Ever. Even with their evolutionary roster changes. Franchise of the decade.

We'll take Westbrook on the rockets. We can use a low-fat slasher who can finish at the rim. Okc can have omer and Lin. Everybody wins :pimp:

Regardless of their success rate during, the spurs have never missed the playoffs during the Duncan era. Ever. Even with their evolutionary roster changes. Franchise of the decade.

We'll take Westbrook on the rockets. We can use a low-fat slasher who can finish at the rim. Okc can have omer and Lin. Everybody wins :pimp:
I'm pretty sure they will gladly take James back

Baxter HolmesVerified account
@BaxterHolmes

Rodney Hood said in OKC meeting, they gave him a marker, a board & told him to draw up a play with the game on the line and 5 seconds left.

Derek Fisher's 33 minutes last night make him just the 4th 39 yr old to play that many minutes in a postseason game. The other 3 Malone, Stockton, and Jabbar. His 5pts constituted all of OKC's bench points as well and made him 1 of only 5 Thunder players to score. The Spurs had 8 score in the 3rd quarter alone.

Last edited:

We'll take Westbrook on the rockets. We can use a low-fat slasher who can finish at the rim. Okc can have omer and Lin. Everybody wins
pimp.gif
that is true i was looking online and based on win shares etc..... outside of the patriots, the spurs are in terms of wins/losses etc the best franchise in all of sports in the last 10-15 yrs. That what makes if the heat win, even more of a reason to say it would be one of the greatest 3 peats of all-time. Sure the lakers had a three peat, but the three teams they faced were basically one and done, one hot year type of team. Outside of the pacers (which can be argued) the other two teams were meh at best. That 76ers team was basically a one man lead team, and that nets team was suspect.

So to beat arguable one of the best organizations and teams in nba history two times in a row is not something to just whiff at.

Last edited:
i know "if" rhetoric is frowned upon but if Miami wins this chip, they have to be considered one of the greatest teams in the history of this sport. What they have accomplished in the last 3 seasons is nothing short of incredible. 

Tim Duncan's impact is pretty huge.

He's an elite player on both ends of the court in his prime. Duncan alone could carry most bum squads to the playoffs every year. A guaranteed title contender is a stretch, though.
Duncan alone was not carrying that Laker team with bums like Smush Parker to the playoffs. Duncan has never had to deal with playing with bums though has he? You thinking something doesn't make it a fact. Didn't your boy Timmy get bounced by an 8th seed before? FOH

If lebron and co. lose this finals he'd be 2-3 in finals wins-losses. Will we stop the all this Michael Jordan of our era talk pleas or nah

OKC stayed in the playoffs long enough for Scott Brooks to return and for Perkins to remain a starter.

OKC stayed in the playoffs long enough for Scott Brooks to return and for Perkins to remain a starter.

Brooks isn't their problem. It's their 2 guards and lack of ball movement

Brooks played Derek Fisher 33 minutes last night. He is the or a large part of the problem.

Great timing BHZ, they are doing exit interviews right now and someone asked him about both things, his job security and Perkins.

Scott Brooks on his job security: "It's something that I don't even consider. I just do my job every day."

Brooks indicates he's open to changing the starting five: "There are definitely some positions available. I can say that."

Brooks when asked if it's time to turn the page on Perkins: "That remains to be seen. There’s a lot of work to be done this summer."

Last edited:
I got 100$ PayPal that says the Celtics trade for Love this summer. U in?
And if they did then what..... He more or less would be making a lateral move. Even if they by some stretch made a lower playoff seed next season or so...they still would be an early round exit. It would take quite a few yrs before the possibility of the c's to be a playoff threat, let alone a championship contender at that.

Then add to the fact other teams ala like the bulls, 76ers, so and so forth have better teams,viable young talent. By the time they in position to possibly win KLove would be past his prime, and/or rondo would be looking to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom