2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.

You guys are really underrating Kobe defensively, he was a very good defensive player.
for a stretch he was actually very good. that is for sure.

his D in Beijing and even London was :x :x :x :x :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

His D during all 5 rings was way above par. Why only mention Olympics?
because during the Olympics he was more or less the designated lockdown defender of the team and had 99% of his focus on that end of the floor.

I didn't mean to take away anything from his D in the NBA, its just that during the Olympics it really really stood out for me.

Fair enough

How old were you during the Bejing and London Olympics, though.
Something tells me you weren't watching Olympic basketball, even the biggest NBA fans didn't watch those games
Google said those were some of the least watched broadcasted games, just saying, Google said it

[@=/u/59728/WavyCrockett]@WavyCrockett[/@] Manu is the greatest 6th man ever.

He could have been a starter on any team at any point in his career.

You have to know he's an Hall of Famer! Right?
You could same the same thing about guys like Joe Johnson but the thing with Manu is he is really fortunate that he landed with the spurs.

You could say the same thing about me for that matter.
If I hadn't of got a job because I wanted my own money @16 yrs old and 15 inch Fosgates in my trunk with switches that made my car bounce, I could have been

Something tells me you weren't watching Olympic basketball, even the biggest NBA fans didn't watch those games
Google said those were some of the least watched broadcasted games, just saying, Google said it

Google, switches haha

I don't know why no disrespect at all

But some of your post be just awkwardly funny.to me

Last edited:
Jamal Crawford is almost as good as a 6th man as Manu. Jason terry as well.

The best 6th man of all time was Kevin McHale... And Manu's stats don't compare to his.

Manu was Really fortunate playing for the spurs.

Is Vinny "microwave" Johnson a HOFer too then?

Euro gets Manu in. But from a strict NBA standpoint, his resume isn't strong enough.

No

Idk if Manu and Parker are HOFer's as far as NBA is concerned.

Internationally, sure. But they're NBA resumes are kinda slim.

Duncan has arguably had the best career since Jordan.

Well it's a good thing the Basketball Hall of Fame isn't the NBA Hall of Fame, then.

Parker and Manu are getting in, first ballot, whether you like it or not.

If I hadn't of got a job because I wanted my own money @16 yrs old and 15 inch Fosgates in my trunk with switches that made my car bounce, I could have been
The quit acting like Manu would've been a 1st ballot HOFer no matter what situation he went to.

BmcX49wIgAAEJ6r.jpg

Google, switches haha

I don't know why no disrespect at all

But some of your post be just awkwardly funny.to me

Man, I know. I have to keep a sense if humor about it. It's just a Google world when your online though, dudes be spouting off stats like they know because Google makes it available seconds before they have to post.
Be your own man, have your own opinion influenced by something you lived or don't comment, or comment with respect to those that saw not heard, and learn that way, too

The quit acting like Manu would've been a 1st ballot HOFer no matter what situation he went to.

He would have though. Any other situation and he would have been a starter heading to the HOF, not the greatest 6th man

Lol do y'all know how hard it is to be a number one option. Then have a team that wins, while putting up good stats.

For you to say Manu would have been a HOFer if he had his own team is ridiculous.

What separates Manu from Vinny Johnson?

And you must not know who Kevin McHale the basketball player was.

Last edited:
He would have though. Any other situation and he would have been a starter heading to the HOF, not the greatest 6th man
No a lot of his greatness rides on the fact that he was a major contributor on a championship team  the only thing he would be getting during those would be fringe all star appearances.

Well it's a good thing the Basketball Hall of Fame isn't the NBA Hall of Fame, then.

Parker and Manu are getting in, first ballot, whether you like it or not.

Yeah, I understand that clearly. I'm saying they're NBA resumes aren't up to par with being a HOFer.

Some people confuse them with being great Hall of fame caliber players.... While I see them as good players on great teams.

Lol do y'all know how hard it is to be a number one option. Then have a team that win, while putting up good stats.

For you to say Manu would have been a HOFer if he had his own team is ridiculous.

What separates Manu from Vinny Johnson?

And you must not know who Kevin McHale the basketball player was.
Manu did have his own team.. which he carried on his back to a gold medal

001372acd0b509fa26cc12.jpg

Last edited:

We are talking about NBA careers though. Manu was a winner, a fringe all star, injury prone, and a great 6th man.

That's not enough from a strictly NBA standpoint to be seen as a HOFer.

Manu was a seasoned Vet when he came to the Americas. He wasn't happy about taking a backseat role in the NBA. He manned up, took his pill, and swallowed it. He was grown enough to lead any team that got him, at some point. His first year with the Spurs was tough in this regard, he wasn't the man, but became the man, behind The starters, and was STILL the best player on that team even in the 6th man role. Y'all stop, please

Last edited:
Manu was a seasoned Vet when he came to the Americas. He wasn't happy about taking a backseat role in the NBA. He manned up, took his pill, and swallowed it. He was grown enough to lead any team that got him, at some point. His first year with the Spurs was tough in this regard, he wasn't the man, but became the man, behind The starters, and was STILL the best player on that team even in the 6th man role. Y'all stop, please
Best player on the team with a prime Tim Duncan ?man what? you talking as if you knew what exactly Manu was feeling. 
laugh.gif

We are talking about NBA careers though. Manu was a winner, a fringe all star, injury prone, and a great 6th man.

That's not enough from a strictly NBA standpoint to be seen as a HOFer.

You have to be the ONLY poster on NT that would say Manu isn't a 1st ballot HOFer

Best player on the team with a prime Tim Duncan ?man what? you talking as if you knew what exactly Manu was feeling. :lol:

I have not a clue what Manu felt, I did watch those games though. Manu was the best player on the floor at most times, not the team. The whole damn floor dude, meaning, both teams playing. He was the best player on the floor

You have to be the ONLY poster on NT that would say Manu isn't a 1st ballot HOFer

Clearly I'm not. I'm speaking from an NBA standpoint.

A player that wins one 6th man, averages 14ppg, 2X All star. 3X champion as a role player/Great 6th man is NOT a 1st ballot hall of famer.

I have not a clue what Manu felt, I did watch those games though. Manu was the best player on the floor at most times, not the team. The whole damn floor dude, meaning, both teams playing. He was the best player on the floor

Yeah, you're trolling. Tim Duncan, and it's not even remotely debatable at all.

You must be Manu's love child or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom