09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by tmay407

Nako, what's with the pic of Diondre Borel?

when i first saw it i thought it was jacory harris in some weird jersey... (i looked at it quickly in class a few days back)

then just saw it again while looking through the pro combat jerseys and realized it's utah state's new uni. which is basically all white miami unis...

there really wasnt anything behind the addition of the picture, it was just on the page with all the other new unis and i hadn't seen them before (i haventseen utah state on tv this year) so i threw it in there. i think theyre kinda sick. by giving them to another FBS school does this mean Nike might be movingaway from them with Miami next year?

Originally Posted by ddot7
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

I DVR'd the Houston/Tulsa replay and watched it. thats the best Ive seen Case Keenum play all yr including the Okie State game. He was throwing the balldown the field.

He still a system QB tho just had to give him his props

I dunno if I or someone else put this in the thread but Keion Payne confirmed his Verbal to the U.
pimp.gif

"But even McCarthy said the Irish defensively 'just tried to do the same stuff as we did last year.' That's what Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo said he was counting on."
schematic advantage.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I just spoke with Ahmad, and he thoroughly enjoyed his visit to Knoxville. Said he expects to return with his parents to check out the campus again and that he would be reopening his recruitment and that he leaves Knoxville with UT essentially at the top of his list
Ahmad Dixon ... V.B
pimp.gif

I like the TCU Jerseys, not the pants. is that Digital Camo or like a snake skin pattern?
Scale like pattern.

I just spoke with Ahmad, and he thoroughly enjoyed his visit to Knoxville. Said he expects to return with his parents to check out the campus again and that he would be reopening his recruitment and that he leaves Knoxville with UT essentially at the top of his list
Ahmad Dixon ... V.B
pimp.gif

I like the TCU Jerseys, not the pants. is that Digital Camo or like a snake skin pattern?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by ddot7
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

"I just wanted to make a statement. He was going to try to tackle me, and the best man was going to win. He was coming at me and I saw himcoming, so I knew there was going to be a collision. I knew it was going to be me and him."

Ahmad Dixon leaves every visit with a new favorite school/coach/program...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude will take another visit and the Vols will be an afterthought...

Oregon's Blount reinstated

November 9, 2009 12:58 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller

Oregon senior running back LeGarrette Blount has been reinstated after serving an eight-game suspension for punching a Boise State player on Sept. 3.

Blount will be available to play against Arizona State, which visits Oregon on Saturday.

Blount has participated in practices during his suspension, mostly with the scout team.

A statement from the school said coach Chip Kelly forwarded his recommendation for Blount's reinstatement to athletic director Mike Bellotti Sunday night, who in turn passed it along to university president Richard Lariviere and Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott.
"After a thorough review of the situation, I am convinced LeGarrette Blount paid a significant and appropriate price for the mistakes he made on the field, and that he has learned important life-long lessons," Scott said in a statement.

Blount was originally suspended for the entire season, but Kelly announced on Oct. 2 that Blount might be able to return this season if he completed a series of conditions to the satisfaction of Kelly, university and Pac-10 officials.
"I'm grateful to Coach Kelly that he cares enough to offer me this second chance," Blount said in the statement. "Now it is up to me to prove to people that their lasting impressions of me are not what they saw in Boise.

"When I am ready to address this further with the public and the media, I will do so. Until that time, I feel my actions can speak louder than anything I could say. I just want to help my teammates who have been supportive of me."
Blount rushed for 1,000 yards and 17 touchdowns in 2008, but he was held to minus-5 yards in the 19-8 loss at Boise State.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dez shoulda just punched the NCAA official who did the inquiry, he woulad at least been back this season
Did you hear that the NCAA started tacking on little +%+$$@+* infractions?

They hit him with a "preferential treatment" infraction for getting into Fieldhouse USA for free
laugh.gif

I still believe that if Dez were at a school like Florida, Texas, OU, etc., this would have gotten swept under the rug.

Ahmad Dixon leaves every visit with a new favorite school/coach/program...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude will take another visit and the Vols will be an afterthought...

fa real ?
I know he was high on Texas then he committed to and has been on Baylor but he just now decommitted.
I think he's been to Auburn already and I hadnt heard anything positive

let me know tho. cus dude can play we need a texas connect. Monte
pimp.gif

Tommy West has been fired at Memphis, he'll coach out the yr. so far top candidates to replace him are Gunter Brewer (Okie State OC? WR COach) Gus Mahlzahn( Auburn OC) , and trooper Taylor (Auburn WR Coach)

Athletic Director Alert: Some leaders have a special talent to recognize young talent. Tonight, you will see 33 year-old JoshMcDaniels vs. 37 year-old Mike Tomlin on Monday Night Football. Even 33 year-old Raheem Morris led the Bucs to a win over Green Bay yesterday. It makes youwonder which young college assistant is under the radar, but has the intangibles to lead a D1 program? Which AD will do his homework and hire the next youngsuperstar? Tennessee AD Mike Hamilton took a chance. Now, coaches around the nation know that Lane Kiffin and Tennessee are building one heckuva program.

"There's not a better leader, a more creative, stimulating guy (than Mike Tomlin)," said John Gruden, who was fired after last seasonfollowing seven seasons with Tampa Bay. "Whether he got his head coaching job when he was 32, 37 or 39, to me, that's a moot point."

Agents are telling us that athletic directors have noticed the success of young head coaches like Lane Kiffin and Josh McDaniels. One AD (who probablywon't be hiring) mentioned that he wouldn't hesitate to ask permission to interview young coaches like Major Applewhite or Kirby Smart.

Tidbits: We are hearing that Gruden does not plan to go after any college jobs. We hear Gruden has 3 more years of payments to receive fromthe Bucs. If indeed he were to accept another job, our source tell us he would lose those payments.

Dixon LOVED A&M early, went to Auburn and loved it... Got his Texas offer and committed on the spot.. Went to Baylor and flipped... Now he loves UTk andthinks they're in the lead... And still wants to take visits...
laugh.gif

Texas just completely dropped trying to get him back, A&M supposedly stopped trying too...

He's all over the place.. Don't get me wrong, dude can BALL.. He'd be a nice piece to build a new secondary around post-Berry.. But he falls inlove everywhere he goes... He'll go all the way to Signing Day and you can't be comfortable until the ink dries...

The firing is both a sign of frustration as well as a serious move to want to join a BCS conference. They didn't hire Mike Tranghese for nothing. How willthey attract someone to coach there is going to be a huge obstacle to overcome. Memphis isn't exactly doing anything to bring a new coach aboard.

laugh.gif

And still wants to take visits...

I cant blame him on takin all those visits tho

he cancelled his Alabam trip on the 21st� to come back to RedNexville so that Sounds good (I think Keenan Allen committing has backed him off Bama)

Dixon:

"I'll reopen my recruitment back up. I'll do that," said the 6-foot-1, 194-pound Waco, Texas, native. "Tennessee is in the top, they're real high. Matter of fact, I would say they're No. 1 right now."

"Yeah, me and my parents will be coming back hopefully for the Vanderbilt game," said Dixon, who indicated his family planned to drive back in two weeks for the Vols home finale. "And we'll get to sit down and talk to coach Kiffin again and go through this great experience all over again."

Spoiler [+]
November 9, 2009
[h1]Dixon digs UT experience; How much?[/h1]
John Brice
VolQuest.com

Talk about it in The Underground Bunker
Ahmad Dixon had been a verbal commitment to Baylor University for more than five months before he visited the University of Tennessee during the weekend.

Now the four-star safety and No. 97 player on the Rivals100 has departed Knoxville with a fresh approach to his recruitment.

"I'll reopen my recruitment back up. I'll do that," said the 6-foot-1, 194-pound Waco, Texas, native. "Tennessee is in the top, they're real high. Matter of fact, I would say they're No. 1 right now."

That's largely because Dixon was blown away by his time on the UT campus. He met with coaches, attended the Vols' 56-28 thrashing of Memphis and was hosted by Tennessee standouts Eric Berry and Denarius Moore.
[table][tr][td]
AHMADDIXON5_13200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ahmad Dixon left Knoxville with the Vols in prime position in his recruitment.[/td] [/tr][/table]
"It went good. I got to meet both coach Kiffins (head coach Lane, defensive coordinator Monte), and I got to see the campus. It was an amazing visit. It was great. I mean, I really can't explain how good it was," said Dixon, a U.S. Army All-American Bowl honoree. "I had Eric Berry, he's a great guy. He's not only a great athlete but he's a great guy off the field. He's a real cool guy off the field. And I had Denarius Moore; he's also a great guy and a great athlete. Both of those guys are just great people, good guys to be around."

A Tatum, Texas, native, Moore offered unique perspective to Dixon about playing a long distance from home.

"(Moore) said it's a great atmosphere, coming from Texas to Tennessee. He said it's kind of like a home away from home," Dixon recalled. "He said it's great."

So, too, was Dixon's reaction to the Vols' game plan Saturday night. He said Lane Kiffin's attacking, tenacious approach against Memphis made an obvious impression.

"My reaction is Coach Kiffin has a lot of faith in the guys," Dixon said. "He believes they can do whatever it is that he needs them to do. That was my first reaction."

Now that he's secured his first impressions of the UT experience, Dixon is eager to bring his parents back for the same experience.

"Yeah, me and my parents will be coming back hopefully for the Vanderbilt game," said Dixon, who indicated his family planned to drive back in two weeks for the Vols‘ home finale. "And we'll get to sit down and talk to coach Kiffin again and go through this great experience all over again."

Christian Ponder done for the season. Not like it would've really mattered cause of our D but he was playing as good as any QB in the ACC

Better. Ponder was going to be ACC POY.

There was more to the NCAA's issues with Dez Bryant than the Oklahoma State receiver's lies about meeting with Deion Sanders. In a rules "interpretation request" sent by OSU to the NCAA, the school said use of the indoor turf by any member of the public would cost $140 per hour. The school also said Sanders and Bryant said they "jogged around" on the turf during their one-hour visit to the facility, that there was no football equipment used and that they were the only ones on the turf during that time. Because of Sanders' relationship with the facility, he and Bryant were allowed to visit the facility without going through any check-in process where they would have been asked to pay.

So Dez lost his season over $140?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Christian Ponder done for the season. Not like it would've really mattered cause of our D but he was playing as good as any QB in the ACC
well at least we get to see what EJ can do

I'm hearing Michigan is back in the picture for Kenny Shaw and that he's gonna visit for the osu game, which will be a big recruiting weeknd for us. Ifwe could by some grace of God pull that game out it would be very big for us, which I guess is really a "no duh" statement.

Back
Top Bottom