09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Jonathan Crompton is 4th in the NCAA in passing TDs....
[size=+3]CROMPTON 4 HEISMAN[/size]

Let the campaign begin
pimp.gif

[h1]Arthur Jones, Jonathan Meldrum out for the year with knee injuries[/h1] [h4]By Donnie Webb / The Post-Standard[/h4] [h5]November 09, 2009, 8:26PM[/h5]
arthurjonesjpg-a0b45ae38b4a3fdb-largejpg-56b42912fb65f266_large.jpg
Frank Ordoñez /The Post-StandardArthur Jones put his NFL dream on hold to return to the Syracuse University football team and star at nose tackle.Syracuse, NY -- The hits keep on coming for Syracuse's beleagured football team.

The university announced Monday night that All-Big East Conference defensive tackle Arthur Jones and starting offensive tackle Jonathan Meldrum will miss the remainder of the 2009 season because of injuries.

The school announced tonight in a release that Jones and Meldrum reported experiencing discomfort in their left knee during the Pittsburgh game. MRIs on Monday revealed each had a torn lateral meniscus in their knees that will require surgery.

They join a crowded sideline of Syracuse players lost for the season with injuries that includes safety Dorian Graham (shoulder), tight end Nick Provo (knee), defensive end Jared Kimmel (knee), strong safety Max Suter (arm) and tight end Cody Catalina (knee). Additionally, some 21 players on scholarship have left the program since Marrone's arrival last December. Just last Monday, all-star wide receiver Mike Williams quit the team.

Jones, who is from Union Endicott High School near Binghamton, was the only player for Syracuse to earn All-Big East first-team honors a year ago. He chose to bypass the NFL Draft last season in order to play one more year for the Orange under near head coach Doug Marrone. Jones tore his pectoral muscle lifting weights in February and got himself ready to play in the opener against Minnesota.

Jones has 12 tackles this season. His career with the Orange is completed.

Meldrum has started every game this season for the Orange at right offensive tackle. Meldrum is listed by the school as a junior academically, but he is a sophomore eligibility wise. He has two years of eligibility with the Orange remaining.

He should have left last year.

Arizona is only going to get better as a football program with some stability now and new facilities coming in place.

staduam+change.jpg

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Is Miami getting a pro combat ?

Anybody got pics ?

My boy that works for UM football showed me pics. The jerseys are like OSU. All the sliver lines are Orange instead The numbers are half green and half orange.The best part about the uniform is the cleats. Its like all white and if i remember correctly the bottom of one is orange and the other side is green. He didntsend me pics of the helmet or pants

ovember 9, 2009 [h1]McRoy brothers 'pretty much committed'[/h1]
Aaron Dickens
RedRaiderSports.com

Talk about it in The Tribal Council

wireless.gif
Get breaking news on your cell phone!

The McRoy brothers, Benjamin (2010) and Javares (2011), seem to be less than three months away from committing to Texas Tech.

[table][tr][td]
870689.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Benjamin McRoy and his brother, Javares, both plan to visit Texas Tech in January.[/td] [/tr][/table]"We really like Texas Tech," said Benjamin, who plays running back for the Dreadnaughts. "Whenever we go there, if we like it, we'll commit because they have the perfect offense and everything else is good. We're pretty much committed right now, we just need to check out the atmosphere."

The talented Lakeland (Fla.) duo plan to visit the South Plains in January and, according to Benjamin, expect to commit shortly afterward.

"Just going to see how the atmosphere is in Lubbock, Texas and really see how everything is," he said. "I'm pretty sure that it'll all go well and then my brother and I will both commit and life will go on as normal."

The Red Raiders extended an official offer to wideout Javares (5-foot-9, 165-pounds) earlier this fall and sent one to Benjamin (5-foot-8, 151-pounds) shortly after evaluating some of his senior film.

"We were interested (in Texas Tech), but the main factor was that they were waiting to see film on me because they couldn't really evaluate my skills (yet) and how well I play," Benjamin said. "I was interested, but now that they've really seen film on me and everything, they know how I can play, so they gave me an offer."

With Texas Tech idle last week, receivers coaches Lincoln Riley and Dennis Simmons traveled to the Sunshine State and visited Lakeland. The fact that they made the trip to evaluate him in person made a big impact on Benjamin.

"I could tell they were really interested in me and not just wanted me just so they could get to my brother," he said. "I'm really excited about Texas Tech I just can't wait.

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
870692.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Javares is one of the top 2011 prospect in Florida.[/td] [/tr][/table]"I know the next couple of years, it'll be good, be a good relationship (with the coaches). They seem really cool, like people that I can really hang out with and get to know better. I felt a good connection. When I meet some people, I feel like I don't want to be around them and I don't know if I can really get to know them and stuff like that, but I felt a good connection with those coaches."

Benjamin, who also holds offers from FIU, Kansas State, Middle Tennessee State and UCF, plans to grayshirt before officially joining the Red Raiders in the spring of 2011. This means he will have the same amount of eligibility as his brother when he arrives that later fall.

"In this case, it couldn't be any better because me and my brother will both stick together with football all throughout college," Benjamin said. "I'll be a semester ahead but we'll still be in college (together). Me and my brother, we've always been together in football. We're going to have to split up eventually, someday. I don't see why this (grayshirting) is a problem, I don't see how it can be any better."

Playing college football together is something that Benjamin and Javares, who also holds early offers from Cal, Florida, Florida State, North Carolina and Tennessee, have been looking forward to ever since they first began playing the sport.

"We've been playing together ever since I was 7, since he was 6," Benjamin said. "We've just always had each other. I played Lakeland J.V. when he was still in middle school, but that really wasn't a big difference. We've just always been there for each other when it comes down to anything, especially football."

Benjamin has been timed at 10.48 in the 100 meters and 21.8 in the 200, while Javares' personal-best in the 100 is 10.65.

Lakeland (9-0) closes out their regular season on Friday against Lakeland (Fla.) Kathleen (3-6).

sick.gif
sick.gif
@ them boys in that wide open TTU offense.

Javares is a STUD.

Hell of a pull for Leach. Esp if Kadron sticks.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
I dont even wanna chuckle at this gif i mean gad damn BOTH FEET inbounds in a sport where u only need 1 and they call it incomplete.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Karma from that Georgia game finally got'em
roll.gif

Lot of big visits this weekend:

WR Antonio Goodwin visiting UNC - Soft Verbal to Auburn
DB Cullen Christian visiting OSU
WR Kenny Stills visiting Oklahoma
DT George Uko visiting Oregon
CBs John Fulton and Victor Hampton visiting South Carolina
and finally, Prater taking his official to USC

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

This man would do wonders for the Oregon defense. A big, powerful body in the middle...Haven't had anything like that since Haloti Ngata.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

This man would do wonders for the Oregon defense. A big, powerful body in the middle...Haven't had anything like that since Haloti Ngata.

Especially since we're losing Tukuafu after the season... that D-Line will need some help.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I was having a discussion with some peoples and we think the Replay Booth should be seperate from the venue. they shouldnt be in the arena and not allowed to be swayed by the crowd. even so far as to having no scores on their replay monitors. *shrugs*
This sounds crazy, but this is actually a great idea (@ least the general idea).
pimp.gif

And these "combat" jerseys are all
sick.gif
for the most part IMO (ina bad way). W T F is NIKE thinking?

Larry Porter (Saints Asst. coach) possibly to Memphis.

pimp.gif

Good luck coach (if true)

I know he has also been mention w/ the UGA DC job (along w/ Smart should Willie get %###-canned) and the FSU DC job.

If true that would be another Saints' asst to go to the college ranks in the last two years with Marrone being the first.

Is that UF in the middle of Miami and Texas's pro combat unis?

Does anyone know if Nike are going to be selling these to the public? That Mizzou and Miami ones are sweet.

Back
Top Bottom