09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GoinHam

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

O, and I think honestly we have the best WR tandem in the country Pettis and Young
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Golden Tate and Michael Floyd > ________________

AJ Green and a toilet brush > *
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Didn't he get locked up by Joe Cox and Joe Cox got him knocked out of the game?
*fixed*
[table][tr][td]G. Tate[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]1059[/td] [td]16.3[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K. Rudolph[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]364[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]A. Pettis[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]658[/td] [td]13.2[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T. Young[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]605[/td] [td]12.3[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

How many of ya'll saw this....? Hate to say it but I think BSU might be able to handle USC. It would do wonders for their program. Unfortunately they SUCK at every other sport so it will be virtually impossible to get them picked up by the PAC 10. Anyways, some intriguing POTENTIAL matchups....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictionsB
Boise sucks at basketball (did make the tourney two years ago though)

Pac-10 Wrestling Champs
Tennis Team is top 25 every year
Gymnastics is top 25 every year
Girls soccer won the WAC

The non glamorous sports Boise is actually pretty legit.
But Basketball is not so hot and we have no baseball team

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The TCU stuff for this weekend is absolute FIRE...
pimp.gif
Totally agree.

Someone on here a few weeks or so ago mentioned a possible TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium next year, and it looks like that might be coming true becauseTech backed out of their game with TCU due to TV scheduling.

http://angrytrey.blogspot...ut-of-game-with-tcu.html

To accommodate the ABC or ESPN broadcastof the Texas game, a previously scheduled game against TCU will be moved back to a future schedule.

With these recent happenings, TCU now has an open date intheir schedule. There have been rumors swirling for the last month or so about a TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium. This looks to be the most reasonableguess at this point, especially since UCLA was scheduled to play Texas on September 18[sup]th[/sup] at Cowboys Stadium, which now isn't happening becauseTexas and Texas Tech will play that weekend.

Boise State
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The Donkey State PR firm tell you to post that?

How many of ya'll saw this....? Hate to say it but I think BSU might be able to handle USC. It would do wonders for their program. Unfortunately they SUCK at every other sport so it will be virtually impossible to get them picked up by the PAC 10. Anyways, some intriguing POTENTIAL matchups....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions
I would love nothing more than to play a team like Boise State. A healthy USC team, I would have confidence in. Plus, it would make a nice roadtrip to begin the new year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictionsB
Boise sucks at basketball (did make the tourney two years ago though)

Pac-10 Wrestling Champs
Tennis Team is top 25 every year
Gymnastics is top 25 every year
Girls soccer won the WAC

The non glamorous sports Boise is actually pretty legit.
But Basketball is not so hot and we have no baseball team
I stand corrected... I was just basically thinking about the big sports... Looks like you guys do have some legit credentials! You get thatbasketball team in order and keep winning in football and I'd say it could possibly happen. Although I don't know how much I would like the thought ofanother tough a** game every year
laugh.gif
as if the PAC 10 doesn't already spoil it's own bowl hopes enough! Oh well, we'll see how it all shakesout...

[h1]Officiating issues in LSU loss at Alabama[/h1]
Share | http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...iating issues in LSU loss at Alabama&content= http:// http:// http://
Written by Paul Brennan Monday, 09 November 2009 14:03
LSU News
lsu_catch_pp_bama.jpg
The officiating in last Saturday'sLSU-Alabama game is quite possibly the worst I have seen in an awfully long time.

Perhaps the most egregious missed call was Patrick Peterson's interception that was ruled an incomplete pass (see TV freeze frame on right). Not only wasit painfully apparent to me as I watched that it indeed was an interception, but also the commentators were surprised themselves to hear the decision of thereferees to rule it incomplete.

How many times did LSU get a bad spot from the refs? On more than one occasion, I felt that LSU was cheated by the referee's placement of the ball afterthe play. What about all of the no-calls that we saw? There were obvious calls that veteran SEC officials did not throw flags on.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this year that SEC officials have been scrutinized. When the Tigers won a closely fought game in Athens a fewweeks ago against Georgia, there were two controversial excessive celebration penalties on both teams toward the end of the game. It's debatable whether ornot those should have been called. In fact, SEC games have been riddled with poor officiating all year.

Former NBA official Tim Donaghy recently came out with a book called Blowing the Whistle in which he chronicles several years of NBA referees cheating playersand teams without thinking twice about it. I've read excerpts from the book, and it is very sobering to hear the way referees handled games. If theallegations are true, the NBA has been fixed for a very long time.

So, when will one of the SEC officials publish a book of his own detailing all of the ways that teams have been cheated? Right now, the SEC has its dreammatchup: an undefeated top ranked Florida team vs. a flawless Alabama squad for the conference championship with the winner advancing to the BCS Title game.Obviously, the game is sure to draw enormous ratings. But, what if LSU had gotten into the title game? Maybe the numbers would not have been quite as high.Maybe the SEC wanted these two teams to square off to get even more publicity for the nation's best conference.

I'm not saying that SEC games are rigged. But, to be honest, I really don't know for certain that they aren't. However, I think someone has to bepretty naïve to think that the NBA referee scandal could only happen in professional basketball.
You make the calls:

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...a%20Officials/?action=view%C2%A4t=badcall.jpg

lsu_bama_refs1.jpg

Play 2: The spearing of Jefferson in front of lead offical Ritter

Here is pic 1. Ritter is looking right at it.

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...s/?action=view%C2%A4t=lsubama2009spear1-1.png

lsu_bama_refs2.png

Pic 2- Ritter has not changed his viewpoint. Deaderick is lowering his head.

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...als/?action=view%C2%A4t=lsubama2009spear2.png

lsu_bama_refs3.png

Pic 3 - Deaderick is planting the crown in Jefferson chest. Ritter has looked right at him the whole time. Never reached for a flag.

lsu_bama_refs4.png

Play 3 - The Extra yard on the roughing thekicker penalty. A 5 yard penalty marked off 6 yards. The ball is clearly on the 50 pre-snap for the punt and clearly inside the 45 and almost at the 44 on thesnap.

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...0Officials/?action=view%C2%A4t=bamacheats.png

lsu_bama_refs5.png

Play 4- Pass Interference on the 2 point conversion. Gary Danielson stated on CBS that face-guarding was legal. What isnot legal is putting your hands on a WR when he beats you and is trying to make a catch. Again, no-call and clear as day.

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...?action=view%C2%A4t=Twopointconversion-vi.jpg

lsu_bama_refs7.jpg

Play 5- Bama's LT Carpentar's block in the back of Taylor on Julio's TD.

Pic 1:

lsu_bama_refs8.jpg

Pic 2:

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...2%A4t=BammerVsLSU-cheating-blockintheback.png

lsu_bama_refs9.png

Play 6- The list keeps getting longer. Peterson's INT. Not 1 (college rule) but an 2 feet in bounds (NFL rules).

Pic 1:

lsu_bama_refs6.jpg

Pic 2:

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...ls/?action=view%C2%A4t=image11081837tv375.jpg

lsu_bama_refs10.jpg

https://owa3.intermedia.net/owa/red...%20Officials/?action=view%C2%A4t=No_INT-1.gif

It was clear as anything I have ever seen that Peterson got the INT...even during the game the replays supported this...

what the refs saw, I dunno...

it's apparent that the SEC REALLY wants an Alabama-UF championship....

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

pimp.gif
Totally agree.

Someone on here a few weeks or so ago mentioned a possible TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium next year, and it looks like that might be coming true because Tech backed out of their game with TCU due to TV scheduling.

To accommodate the ABC or ESPN broadcast of the Texas game, a previously scheduled game against TCU will be moved back to a future schedule.

With these recent happenings, TCU now has an open date in their schedule. There have been rumors swirling for the last month or so about a TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium. This looks to be the most reasonable guess at this point, especially since UCLA was scheduled to play Texas on September 18[sup]th[/sup] at Cowboys Stadium, which now isn't happening because Texas and Texas Tech will play that weekend.

Boise State
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The Donkey State PR firm tell you to post that?

Why you dogging on BSU you hard?

I don't understand how people can expect the refs to be objective when it's clear that their employer would be financially benefited greatly by havingcertain teams win games.

Conferences shouldn't be allowed to employ their own refs. They should be employed by the NCAA.

If/when Bama/UF win out the game is going to be a sell out and draw huge TV ratings. Which is going to make the SEC a lot of money. If the refs are employed bythe SEC, how are they not going to be biased towards those teams? IF the SEC's pockets are getting fatter from a Bama/UF title game....then the refspockets are too just by default. If SEC is bringing in more revenue, then they're going to have to pay the refs more too.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Like everything else, SEC just buries it's head in the sand and acts like nothing's wrong.
sick.gif

Well if it makes you feel better, if anything all the extra-help from the refs has shown that those two teams are VERY beatable, and nothing would make themajority of people here happier than seeing one of them go down to a Texas or even a *gasp* TCU or Cincinnati.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

pimp.gif
Totally agree.

Someone on here a few weeks or so ago mentioned a possible TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium next year, and it looks like that might be coming true because Tech backed out of their game with TCU due to TV scheduling.

To accommodate the ABC or ESPN broadcast of the Texas game, a previously scheduled game against TCU will be moved back to a future schedule.

With these recent happenings, TCU now has an open date in their schedule. There have been rumors swirling for the last month or so about a TCU/UCLA matchup at Cowboys Stadium. This looks to be the most reasonable guess at this point, especially since UCLA was scheduled to play Texas on September 18[sup]th[/sup] at Cowboys Stadium, which now isn't happening because Texas and Texas Tech will play that weekend.

the UCLA VS Texas game was going to be in Austin anyways its a home and home so i have no idea where the rest of that BS came from

and there is also no way in hell they would take UCLA VS texas out of cowboys stadium for TCU VS UCLA even if that was true

[h1]Bobby Bowden Acts His Age, Forgets Score[/h1]
500x_oldbowden.jpg
Bowden may not remember whathappened two quarters ago, but he remembers when FSU was good. That used to be enough for boosters, but after a mental lapse quite in character with anoctogenarian, who knows.

Corey Clark of the Tallahassee Democrat knew he would ruffle some feathers when he posted a partial transcript of Bowden's postgame remarksafter a comeback loss to Clemson; he even apologized in advance. But Bowden's supporters do no one any good by pretending this sort of thing isn'tgoing on.
Bowden: "Both of us made errors. We probably scored on some of their errors - I didn't keep up with it. But we'd turn the ball over and they'd go down and score. Then we'd turn it over and they didn't score. They'd turn it over back. And the game kind of went that way. We felt very comfortable. We knew it was a battle.

"How late was it 24-21 in our favor? How late did it get? Did that get into the fourth quarter?"

Reporter: "Nine and a half minutes left."

Bowden: "Left in the game?"

Reporter: "Yes."

Bowden: "So you're feeling comfortable, but you know that it ain't won yet. Then of course the dam broke."

A few minutes later, Bowden was asked this question by another reporter.

Reporter: "In the second half, when it seemed like momentum started to switch, how hard was it to try to reverse that?"

Bowden: "You mean when they got it (momentum)? Well, actually … you know, they had to kick off to us. We had a what? A three-point ….? Did we have the lead at the half?"

(Reporter nods).

Bowden: "We had a three-point lead at the half, I think. Then they had to kick off to us. We needed to take it down and win the darn game right there. We didn't do it. They stopped us. Then we kicked it to them and then they probably scored."

Reporter: "They went ahead and then you guys came back."

Bowden: "Huh?"

Reporter: "They went ahead and then you guys came back again."

Bowden: "Did we get ahead of them again after that?"

Reporter: "Yeah."

Bowden: "Then we got back ahead, huh? Umm, it was going that way, you know it? I felt very comfortable that if they could score, we could score. That's the way I felt, you know it? We've done it all year. But then we started turning the ball over."

I'm not saying this is any worse than the senior moments we all have from time to time. I'm not saying Seminole backers should be terrified thathe'll forget the score, or the down, in the middle of a game. I'm not saying Bowden's too old to be coaching football.
Oh wait. I am sayin

^ I was just playing. @ first I thought it was you saying that last part since it was separate from the majority of the article.
laugh.gif

A draft site I check out during the season does mocks every once in a while and listed Dez going around 16 or so to Houston.

Imagine Andre and Dez on the same team.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
frown.gif

Now, no way to know if Houston will even be there at 16 or why they would even feel the need to draft a WR. But just seeing that made me have to take a deepbreath.
laugh.gif

[h2]Mel Kiper's latest 2010 Big Board[/h2]

Comment Email Print
By Mel Kiper
ESPN.com
Archive

Two new players jumped onto the board this week. One is Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech, who has been impossible to blockall season. He could have been here sooner, but I wanted to wait until he was solidly up the Big Board, and thus far more likely to look toward the NFL afterhis junior season.

The other name I added is Dan Williams, who has beenmoving up on my charts all season. Williams has impressed me with his relentlessness, and also his ability to make big plays against top teams. Alabamacouldn't block him. A couple drops include Greg Hardy --he was 25th last week, so the additions hurt him -- and TerrenceCody, who I feel less and less is the next great run stopper. I think he'll need to be able to do more, and that could be a problem.

board_bar.png

1.jpg

Ndamukong Suh

DT

6-4

158.gif

Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

2.jpg

Eric Berry

DB

5-11

2633.gif

Analysis: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 2

3.jpg

Gerald McCoy

DT

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 3

4.jpg

Carlos Dunlap

DE

6-6

57.gif

Analysis: Physical tools are off the charts. Potential for unlimited upside. Last week: No. 4

5.jpg

Sam Bradford

QB

6-4

201.gif

Analysis: Has underrated arm, great feel for position; super accurate. Last week: No. 5

6.jpg

Russell Okung

OT

6-5

197.gif

Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blind-side pass protector. Last week: No. 6

7.jpg

Jake Locker

QB

6-3

264.gif

Analysis: Developing talent whose physical tools are unmatched. Last week: No. 8

8.jpg

Jimmy Clausen

QB

6-3

87.gif

Analysis: Polished QB, at his best when game is on the line. Last week: No. 9

9.jpg

Taylor Mays

S

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Linebacker size with cornerback speed. Last week: No. 7

10.jpg

Dez Bryant

WR

6-2

197.gif

Analysis: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker. Last week: No. 10

11.jpg

Joe Haden

CB

5-11

57.gif

Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 11

12.jpg

C.J. Spiller

RB

5-11

228.gif

Analysis: Multitalented, super-fast, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 12

13.jpg

Jason Pierre-Paul

DE

6-5

58.gif

Analysis: Explosive natural pass-rusher out of juco ranks. Last week: No. 13

14.jpg

Rolando McClain

LB

6-4

333.gif

Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 15

15.jpg

Everson Griffen

DE

6-3

30.gif

Analysis: Supremely talented, now gaining the necessary consistency. Last week: No. 14

16.jpg

Derrick Morgan

DE

6-4

59.gif

Analysis: Proven pass rusher (11.6 sacks this year), also stout versus run (fourth-leading tackler on the Yellow Jackets' defense). Last week: NR

17.jpg

Sean Weatherspoon

LB

6-2

142.gif

Analysis: Makes plays all over the field. Last week: No. 16

18.jpg

Jahvid Best

RB

5-10

25.gif

Analysis: Versatile, game-breaker supreme. Last week: No. 17

19.jpg

Sergio Kindle

LB

6-4

251.gif

Analysis: Production finally matched his talent last season. Last week: No. 23

20.jpg

Jermaine Gresham

TE

6-6

201.gif

Analysis: The best pass-catching tight end in college football. Last week: No. 20

21.jpg

Dan Williams

DT

6-3

2633.gif

Analysis: High motor, consistent DT with tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: NR

22.jpg

Colt McCoy

QB

6-2

251.gif

Analysis: Intelligent and resourceful. Can beat you with arm or legs. Last week: No. 19

23.jpg

Jerry Hughes

DE

6-3

2628.gif

Analysis: Prolific pass-rusher who could be a 3-4 OLB. Last week: No. 21

24.jpg

Brandon Graham

DE

6-2

130.gif

Analysis: Awesome athlete and force off the edge. Last week: No. 22

25.jpg

Brandon Spikes

LB

6-3

57.gif

Analysis: Complete MLB, solid in all areas.

ND going to fire the fat boy and come after Brian Kelly.
frown.gif
The only thing that might save Jobba his job is this info below.

Sporting News Today reports it would cost Notre Dame $18 million if they fired Charlie Weis this year. That would be just the buyout.

They further speculate the Irish would then need at least $3 million a year to get Coach Kelly or Coach Johnson at Georgia Tech and maybe as much as $5 million a year over five years to lure Urban Meyer to South Bend.

They conclude that a coaching change would cost the Irish administration between $33 and $43 million during this tough economic time.

Matt Mayes of SNT says it could still be done, but a change at the top of the Irish football porgram would be incredibly costly.

Iron Man,

You consider having to go 70 yards a short field? Hm. Plus they had no timeouts, Jarrett "Pick Six" Lee in at QB, Charles Scott was out, and they hadto score a TD to win the game. Plus they had only scored 1 TD all game.

Yes, it was definitely an interception.
Yes, the refs screwed LSU.

But.....everyone is making it out like LSU would have won the game. Although possible, it was very unlikely. Plus, as said before, it was Jarrett Lee. Howeasily we forget how bad he is
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom